+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to rent in Alexandria?

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

Where to rent in Alexandria?

It looks like I'll be moving to Alex. for a while at least after graduation. I have passed through there for the last 4 years but haven't ever spent any time there. Does anyone know of any cool studios or 1 bedroom apartments for rent? What are the good parts of town to live in? My potential office is located downtown and if Alexandria is anything like Lake Charles (or Ruston, for that matter), I don't expect there to be many places to rent IN downtown.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Where to rent in Alexandria?

I'm sorry.

There's not a lot of cool places to rent but you can try looking on Jackson street.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

There are a good number of apartment complexes near and around Jackson Street, as Fishing said. If you'd rather, Pineville is a good place to live as well.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Best place in Alexandria is called Pineville. North side is better and it is only a 10-15 minute drive to anywhere in Alexandria.

I live on College Dr in Pineville and there is a garage apartment to rent down the road. Can't speak for the condition however, but it is behind a house, upstairs w/ a window unit. McCoy Realty is handling the property, ph 318-487-1555. The neighborhood is quiet and is close to Louisiana College and two miles from downtown Alexandria. Have lived in this neighborhood since 1988 and find it safe and conveniently located.

Kevin Broussard and/or Jim Weinzettle, both Tech grad, may be ones to check with. They are architects with Ashe, Broussard Weinzettle and have employed several young Tech grads in recent years. So someone there may give you some good leads. Their office number is 318-473-0252.
    Last edited by Tech78; 02-17-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add content

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Location in alexandria isn't a big deal because it doesn't take that long to get anywhere. We rented a little house in the Garden District when I first graduated and loved it. As far as good rental property close to downtown, Pineville is your best bet...careful though, those people want to be Trojans so bad, they can barely stand it. Ain't that right Armada!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I would discourage anyone from living in Pineville. Haha. Oh gosh...Pineville, hmm.

+ Reply to Thread