+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GATA 2009 WAC Stats

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: GATA 2009 WAC Stats

We lost our All-Wac punter and a fairly talented kickoff guy. Add in these with injuries in the coverage teams and the new 'pooch-kick' philosophy, and you have a good recipe for bad special teams.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    1. Tommerdahl-Special Teams-all of us know that Tommerdahl was the Special Teams Coach in name only. This is the ONLY area that DD knew a little about so DD was, in reality, the special teams coach. Our actual kicking the ball with our TRUE FR PK & KO guy was great in the area of PAT & FG but not-so-good in KO's. Why not good in KO's? Because DD had this thing about the "pooch kicks" which we had a hard time executing. As the season progressed, we had so many INJURIES to front-line players that we had to take several off of the kick & punt cover teams, & that showed. I won't further agitate anyone about our Punter but suffice it to say that when you cannot change field position with your punter to ANY extent, you had better go find a new punter. We will find out in 2010 whether or not Tommerdahl is a bonafide Special Teams Coach.

Coach, if Tommerdahl was the ST coach in name only, can we infer that Eric Russell was the ST coach "in name only" as well? And if DD actually ran Special Teams, why was there such a huge drop-off in performance when Tommerdahl took over? It's hard to imagine that we went from so good to so bad solely as a result of items beyond Tommerdahl's control (injuries, etc.).
    I also did not think I would have to remind YOU that I was a much better offensive coordinator when I had Denny at QB than when I had Randy Robertson.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    I also did not think I would have to remind YOU that I was a much better offensive coordinator when I had Denny at QB than when I had Randy Robertson.
    Touche'!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    I lived in Vetville when Randy was the QB. His brother, who was a very good DB, was my next door neighbor, and the thing I remember most about Randy was that he was a great bass fisherman. He would bring a mess of bass from D'arbonne when I could hardly get a bite, which means he probably spent time fishing instead of studying film.

If I rembember correctly, he was pretty good between the 20's, but tended to throw interceptions, but that was over 40 years ago, so my memory may be a bit faulty.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

It's hard to imagine that we went from so good to so bad solely as a result of items beyond Tommerdahl's control (injuries, etc.).
    I don't find this so hard to imagine.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I don't find this so hard to imagine.
    Then congratulations on an expansive imagination.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Coach, if Tommerdahl was the ST coach in name only, can we infer that Eric Russell was the ST coach "in name only" as well? And if DD actually ran Special Teams, why was there such a huge drop-off in performance when Tommerdahl took over? It's hard to imagine that we went from so good to so bad solely as a result of items beyond Tommerdahl's control (injuries, etc.).
    Umm... Chris Keagle?? All Wac Punter... WACKY kinda guy though... :icon_wink:

STATISTICALLY Glascow actually had BETTER stats then CK's Freshman year, so now we'll see if he can improve on this his Sophomore years stats. (unless someone replaces him)

+ Reply to Thread