+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The future of our D

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

The future of our D

Now that TSpang (or Coach Spangler if you see him in person) has been retained, I wanted to look to the future.

We lose Boo Smith, Adrian Logan, and Kwame Jordan on DL.
    Brian White at LB (plus Faust was kicked off before the end of the season)
    Baker at FS, Simmons at backup FS
    Young at CB

Here are the stats of the returning defensive players, but first I want to you imagine what you think the stats are. Try to picture the top 3 tacklers on the team last year. You may be surprised! Scroll down after you have your top 3.
    Adrian Cole MLB: 93 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 PBU, 1 pass defense, 2 QBH, 2 FF
    Tank Calais SS: 77 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 sack, 2 picks, 4 PBU, 6 pass defense
    Jay Dudley SLB: 75 tackles, 4 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 PBU, 1 pass defense

The next player was Boo Smith with 51 tackles.

Are you surprised? I did not expect Dudley to be so high.

Matt Broha DE: 36 tackles, 5 TFL, 4 sacks (led team), 2 PBU, 2 pass defense, 2 QBH,1 fumble rec, 1 FF

Dusty Rust had 25 special teams tackles (I don't know if he got any playing LB, though he was on the field a couple times at least).

Javontay Crowe burned his shirt for 1 tackle.
    Shaq Lucas 1 tackle.
    Tym Toussaint blocked the only kick of the year, but recorded no other stats.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: The future of our D

I know many of you that frequent this board LOVE Boo Smith. I do as well. We could not have a finer ambassador for our university than Boo Smith. I have said on many occasions in the past that Boo has always had a problem of getting off blocks ( some call this shedding blocks ). The pros learned even more about this during the Senior Bowl workouts. He has such strength that he can stalmate a blocker at the point of attack but he has a lot of trouble getting off or shedding the blocker. So, it does not surprise me that he was our fourth leading tackler. Now, this next statement will cause some of you to get real angry. If Boo is taken on the first day ( first 3 rounds ), I will be pleasantly surprised. I just hope he is taken the second day!

I really thought Dusty Rust played a lot at OLB. I do remember watching him many times & saw him make some very good tackles.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    I know many of you that frequent this board LOVE Boo Smith. I do as well. We could not have a finer ambassador for our university than Boo Smith. I have said on many occasions in the past that Boo has always had a problem of getting off blocks ( some call this shedding blocks ). The pros learned even more about this during the Senior Bowl workouts. He has such strength that he can stalmate a blocker at the point of attack but he has a lot of trouble getting off or shedding the blocker. So, it does not surprise me that he was our fourth leading tackler. Now, this next statement will cause some of you to get real angry. If Boo is taken on the first day ( first 3 rounds ), I will be pleasantly surprised. I just hope he is taken the second day!

I really thought Dusty Rust played a lot at OLB. I do remember watching him many times & saw him make some very good tackles.
    Dusty did play quite a bit a LB. I think his LB tackles were around 15. He was in the rotation in quite a few games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

A meal of choice at Dowlings says first day. I know you hope you are buying.:icon_wink:

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

You are on.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    A meal of choice at Dowlings says first day. I know you hope you are buying.:icon_wink:
    You know that they changed the format, right? First day = round one only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NF...ficial_changes

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember seeing Shaq Lucas play.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    You know that they changed the format, right? First day = round one only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NF...ficial_changes
    You are getting as bad as R.C. about pointing out the small details.:icon_wink: Our bet is based on this quote...

If Boo is taken on the first day ( first 3 rounds ), I will be pleasantly surprised. I just hope he is taken the second day!
    If Big Mick wants to pull a fast one on me, I'll be glad to honor the bet as worded.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    Dusty did play quite a bit a LB. I think his LB tackles were around 15. He was in the rotation in quite a few games.
    Was it always at OLB? Does he have a preference whether he is inside or outside or strong or weakside?

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I don't remember seeing Shaq Lucas play.

Yeah I thought he was redshirted.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Was it always at OLB? Does he have a preference whether he is inside or outside or strong or weakside?
    Probably prefers outside...either side is fine just so long as they feed him after the games Nichols State game he played Mike.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

What the hell?? Somebody talking about "eating"???? I want to be part of that, and I'll even bring some MONEY!!! BTW, I'm guessing "Pickering Boo" will go on 2nd day.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Coach Mick, however, I think Boo has the ability to learn if given the chance. He is a very hard worker and has a lot of upside.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Lucas played, I remember. Still think he "redshirted" though.

You are getting as bad as R.C. about pointing out the small details.:icon_wink: Our bet is based on this quote...

If Big Mick wants to pull a fast one on me, I'll be glad to honor the bet as worded.
    No fast ones! I really thought Day 1 was 3 rounds.

+ Reply to Thread