+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing without a boat around Shreve

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Fishing without a boat around Shreve

I heard a real blue collar guy say that you can do well near one of the dams on the red river. There are the parks and such along both sides that would allow bank fishing.

Does anybody know a good spot to bank fish, whether it be a pond, river, or lake, around S'port? Us po' folks ain't got no fancy boats. Good for kids would be a plus.

I'm not so hung up on species - I'll go for bluegill, bass, crappie, and catfish but not gar or drum/buffalo.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Fishing without a boat around Shreve

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I heard a real blue collar guy say that you can do well near one of the dams on the red river. There are the parks and such along both sides that would allow bank fishing.

Does anybody know a good spot to bank fish, whether it be a pond, river, or lake, around S'port? Us po' folks ain't got no fancy boats. Good for kids would be a plus.

I'm not so hung up on species - I'll go for bluegill, bass, crappie, and catfish but not gar or drum/buffalo.
    I tell ya, you can usually do pretty well on the back side of any spillway.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I'll have to break out a map to see where these spots are located. I'm not familiar with the fishing area and warm weather is just around the corner!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

There are always people fishing by the Cypress Lake spillway.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm like you, except in the Ruston area. I've made a post in the past and gotten advice. I'm about to the point that I might buy one of these little pontoon bass tracker boats that run on a battery and trolling motor and tie it to the top of my 4Runner and hit alot of these little ponds off the interstate between W. Monroe and Shreveport as well as getting in some of the lakes not too far from the banks where the motor boats won't be a problem speeding by.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

RED RIVER - Many people fish off of the side of the road going to the lock on the bossier side. Plenty of bank line acces to an oxbow there. Bunch of people snag fish below the damn there too. Also the launch on the Caspiana side has 100 yards or so of bank fishing access. If u dont want to drive the 15 to 20 minutes there are a few sand banks off of the walking path on Clyde fant and Author Teague where i have seen people fish.

C Bickham Dixon - plenty of places to bank fish and a pier

Duck Pond - go to the part behind the old European car center

Cant give u my secret spots or pond locations though...lol

Oh yeah...my boat is also in my carport with the key in the ignition and a full tank of gas

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Richard Fleming park on the west end of Cross Lake is a good place to fish for bass, bream, and catfish. The park is on a bayou that feeds into Cross lake. There are LOTS of cypress trees and cattails on both sides of the bayou that provide excellent cover for fish. The area is clear of moss which is a hard thing to find close to bank these days. There is a trail that follows the bayou for several hundred yards so you'll never run out of new places to try your luck.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...f95a2a79d23fa8

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Stop by Maxwell's MArket, 4861 Line Ave in Shreve and we'll visit. I've been fishin around here forever as as Shreveportdawg and we can suggest some great bankfishin spots..or maybe hitch a ride with one of us when the River gets right. Shreveportdawg loves it when you spank him bass fishin with worms you borrowed out of his box. Anyway, stop by to say hi, Ross. BTW: If you have kids and want to join a blue collar swimming pool/bar/club thingy The Elks Club is under $300 a year and has access to an awesome oxbow for fishing as lagniappe. I also have a pirogue for borrow as long as kids are involved..the trolling motor crapped-out some time ago but it still paddles just fine.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Stop by Maxwell's MArket, 4861 Line Ave in Shreve and we'll visit. I've been fishin around here forever as as Shreveportdawg and we can suggest some great bankfishin spots..or maybe hitch a ride with one of us when the River gets right. Shreveportdawg loves it when you spank him bass fishin with worms you borrowed out of his box. Anyway, stop by to say hi, Ross. BTW: If you have kids and want to join a blue collar swimming pool/bar/club thingy The Elks Club is under $300 a year and has access to an awesome oxbow for fishing as lagniappe. I also have a pirogue for borrow as long as kids are involved..the trolling motor crapped-out some time ago but it still paddles just fine.

You forgot to mention it was one of "MY" good spots on the river where the whippin took place

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

True...Shreveportdawg is a heck of a guide and does know the Red very well. Hey..I brought the beer so we're even right:icon_wink:?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Best deal in town!!! $230 a year, pool access all summer. Tons of grills, walk up to the bar while grillin.........and yes, you can fish off the bank or better bet, there is a small boat launch that is pretty hidden, perfect for small jon boats with trolling motors.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I used to live in the townhouse neighborhood on the other side of that lake from the Elks. I took the waders out a couple times and did ok on bass.

I'm mostly interested in kid-friendly spots. I'm trying to get an old 16 foot aluminum boat from my father, it needs a motor and total refurb though.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I'm mostly interested in kid-friendly spots.
    Although not located in Shreveport, the parish park in Oil City is just 30 minutes north of town. It is kid friendly in that the park has restrooms, playground, and picnic tables. The pier is very long and a good place to fish.

I was at that park today and took this picture.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Not many people are aware that the Duck Pond accross from Captain Shreve High produced a state record Bass many years ago, and is still a great bass spot. Bank fish on the Kings Hwy side anytime or slide a small boat out of your pickup down the hill behind the office building adjacent to 70th Street on the weekend. Good shade at any time of day.

The small lake at the front of The Haven Subdivision behind LSUS is very well stocked with channel cat that are very healthy due to the fountains and some homeowners feeding them.:icon_wink: Non-residents can park on the gravel near the turn-in at Kings Hwy and walk up over the levee and fish on the Kings Highway side and usually no one minds. No shade, but great catfishing.

Thanks for the spots. I drove to that park on the west end of Cross - it was crowded on sat!

The "Red River Research" Park is the one at the intersection of Kouns and 70th right? Is that thing ever open? It seems like it's been closed for flooding all the time.

I will try the duck pond fo sho.

+ Reply to Thread