+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Win- Why?

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Awesome Win- Why?

This was an awesome win and here is why:

1) We were basicly the equivalent of a Kansas, Kentucky, or Arkansas coming into Northeasterns Gym. This was their first EVER regular season televised game and first televised game since 1991. Their fans were pumped up for this game.

2) Traveling to Boston, with the travel we already do in the WAC? You have got to be kidding me. I would think that the NCAA/ESPN could have come up with a better non-conference game than this.

3) They are currently first place in their conference. A third place WAC team goes on the road and beats a first place CAA team (that is 16-2 in their last 18 games). This bodes well for the WAC.

4) Officials: CAA Officials. Enough said. It wasnt necessarily the free throws that were critical in this game by the officials, but more the critical calls at critical points in the game, that could have made the difference.

5) The Dawgs never gave up and had plenty of opporunity to.

6) The WAC has 4 teams televised in the Bracket Buster. How many does the Sunbelt have? * I know, I know, that has nothing to do with why this was a good win, I just thought it was worth point out.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Awesome Win- Why?

Big win for the WAC. I don't see why the WAC isn't considered a multiple-bid league. I hate all the love for all the small random eastern conferences.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    Big win for the WAC. I don't see why the WAC isn't considered a multiple-bid league. I hate all the love for all the small random eastern conferences.
    We have 4 good teams instead of 2 great teams...

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    The WAC has 4 teams televised in the Bracket Buster. How many does the Sunbelt have? * I know, I know, that has nothing to do with why this was a good win, I just thought it was worth point out.
    Sun Belt doesn't participate in Bracket Busters

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Sun Belt doesn't participate in Bracket Busters
    Sunbelt isn't considered a mid-major, it's low-major like Southland and SWAC.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    What about CUSA? Do they participate in Bracket Busters?

HD

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What about CUSA? Do they participate in Bracket Busters?

HD
    I'm not as sold asI used to be on CUSA membership.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I'm not as sold asI used to be on CUSA membership.
    How sold are you on the WAC w/o Boise?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    How sold are you on the WAC w/o Boise?
    I think we should protect ourselves and position ourselves for cusa. That said, I don't think Boise is going anywhere. MWC will NOT get AQ status in the next 10 years and that would be the only reason they would add bsu anyway. That's not happening. If one of the big three get cherry picked, they can permanently kiss their bcs hopes goodbye.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think we should protect ourselves and position ourselves for cusa. That said, I don't think Boise is going anywhere. MWC will NOT get AQ status in the next 10 years and that would be the only reason they would add bsu anyway. That's not happening. If one of the big three get cherry picked, they can permanently kiss their bcs hopes goodbye.
    I dont understand with the success in putting 3 teams in bcs games in the last 4 years and fielding very competetive basketball teams the last few years, that the WAC doesnt become proactive and cherry pick a few good MWC teams and go for BCS status ourselves! why does it have to be the other way around. if utah or byu go to the pac10, we should go after the other one or maybe new mexico for basketball?

WHY NOT?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Always will be.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

The NCAA has NOTHING to do with the BracketBuster. I have heard comments about that several times this year, and it just isn't true.

The bottom of the MWC is clearly better than the bottom of the WAC in both football and men's basketball...that point isn't even debatable.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    The bottom of the MWC is clearly better than the bottom of the WAC in both football and men's basketball...that point isn't even debatable.
    NOT DEBATABLE?!?!?!

Geez -- are you new here?

EVERYTHING is debatable!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    NOT DEBATABLE?!?!?!

Geez -- are you new here?

EVERYTHING is debatable!
    Not really when you see the numbers....

MBB RPIs...MWC/WAC updated 9:40 pm CT tonight MWC #7 WAC #10

New Mexico 11
    BYU 22
    Utah State 39
    San Diego State 40
    UNLV 43
    Louisiana Tech 63
    Nevada 72
    New Mexico State 73
    Colorado State 107
    San Jose State 138
    Utah 149
    Idaho 172
    Fresno State 179
    TCU 193
    Wyoming 210
    Boise State 222
    Air Force 229
    Hawai'i 241

BC$ computer rankings average MWC 62.42 WAC 72.69
    TCU 5.00
    Boise State 6.50
    BYU 15.75
    Utah 25.00
    Fresno State 46.50
    Nevada 51.50
    Air Force 59.25
    Wyoming 66.75
    Idaho 68.25
    UNLV 80.25
    Hawai'i 82.50
    Louisiana Tech 89.50
    Utah State 90.25
    San Diego State 94.50
    Colorado State 100.50
    San Jose State 109.00
    New Mexico State 110.25
    New Mexico 114.75

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    I dont understand with the success in putting 3 teams in bcs games in the last 4 years and fielding very competetive basketball teams the last few years, that the WAC doesnt become proactive and cherry pick a few good MWC teams and go for BCS status ourselves! why does it have to be the other way around. if utah or byu go to the pac10, we should go after the other one or maybe new mexico for basketball?

WHY NOT?
    Because we're trying to reduce travel expense, create regional rivalries and have a majority of away games within reasonable driving distance for our fans.

+ Reply to Thread