+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do this for Navy

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Do this for Navy

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    I think we should really do like LSU and do a tribute to the armed forces during half time of the homecoming game every year. You really can't thank our military personnel enough for their sacrifices.
    And who watches LSPoo homecoming games enough to know that?????? And why would a certain somebody not know that we do something similar to what you mention every year as well?????

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Now....Navy....what an awesome home game! It is an honor to host such a great institution, and their football team is pretty salty too! (like old salty sailors).

Navy and Southern Miss represent good scheduling! These are the kind of programs we should see more of on our OOC.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I spent 4+ years at Tech, and 4 years in the US Navy. My Dad was in the US Navy in WWII. I hold both institutions in very high regard, and I will be rooting with all my might for the Dawgs on that Saturday. However, I will feel a chill down my spine when I see the Middies run onto the field at JAS. Just sayin'.....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I love it!!!!!!! JUST DO IT!

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And why would a certain somebody not know that we do something similar to what you mention every year as well?????
    I didn't know.

But I don't ever really watch the halftime show.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Wow, I was ready to stand up and cheer! Hard to pull against those guys, but I guess that feeling will subside when the foot reaches the ball to open the game!

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent idea!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Well, I spent 4+ years at Tech, and 4 years in the US Navy. My Dad was in the US Navy in WWII. I hold both institutions in very high regard, and I will be rooting with all my might for the Dawgs on that Saturday. However, I will feel a chill down my spine when I see the Middies run onto the field at JAS. Just sayin'.....
    I was able to attend the Navy game last year. You are so right, you almost didn't feel bad about losing the game, except we didn't play well. If my Dad was still with us, he would have been at both Navy games.

As it is, I am inviting my neighbor, who was a linebacker for Navy and then a Navy Seal. (good guy to have as a friend). I also atttend church with a famous Navy grad, and will be talking up the game with him.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I guess I don't ever remember the BOP doing a tribute. And as for being at LSU homecomings, I've been at 3 and two out of the three times they were playing us. I always remember theirs because they have their band walk across the field and it looks like a guy marching.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Great story! BUT let's remember from kickoff to final horn, they will be FOES!

(let's not forget to cheer on the dawgs in a classy way! And not get caught with stars in our eyes until after the game!)

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    In 1944, Tech's football team was almost entirely composed of U.S. Navy & Marines who were here as part of an officer training program. Have to tie that in some way.
    Reminded me of the story you told so well a while back:

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67424

If some journalist somewhere doesn't pick that football and run with it, a lot of people will be missing a great story...

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post

If some journalist somewhere doesn't pick that football and run with it, a lot of people will be missing a great story...
    Thought someone would last year run with that theme last year for the game at Annapolis, but it didn't happen.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I also atttend church with a famous Navy grad, and will be talking up the game with him.

His name is not Roger is it? :icon_wink:

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post

Somebody needs to send a copy of this story to Bruce VDV so they can work this in to whatever they do pre-game for Navy.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I think a respectful pre-game tribute would be great.

And then at half-time the LaTechBBB Administrators could do their own special rendition of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

+ Reply to Thread