+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Press Conference Tomorrow

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: Press Conference Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    What's the draw? We already know what is going to be said and have known it for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Yes still trying to figure out why the need to show up in mass for a presser?
    To show the politician, press, & public that Shreveport/Bossier is OUR backyard, reguardless of the designated "home" team. This area may have a good folllowing of Grambling fans but TECH is the school with the LARGEST alumni base in the area and TECH is the school that has played in this area more than any other school. You want to be the #1 school in North Louisiana act like it and get your arses there. Let more Grambling fans be there than TECH fans and see how the football world thinks of us. That may be a sure fire way to get into ESPN's Preseason Bottom 10.
    possible comments
    "The number 1 spot goes to the school with the fans so lazy that they were out drawn by their HBCU opponent at a press conference, Louisiana Tech. With that kind of support I wonder if the players will even show up for the game."
    Plus we might actually find out for sure if Grambling will be listed as the home team. (There hasn't been any confirmation of this)

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I thought they were going to announce the IBowl was going to get new turf. What's there now is a dump.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    To show the politician, press, & public that Shreveport/Bossier is OUR backyard, reguardless of the designated "home" team. This area may have a good folllowing of Grambling fans but TECH is the school with the LARGEST alumni base in the area and TECH is the school that has played in this area more than any other school. You want to be the #1 school in North Louisiana act like it and get your arses there. Let more Grambling fans be there than TECH fans and see how the football world thinks of us. That may be a sure fire way to get into ESPN's Preseason Bottom 10.

Plus we might actually find out for sure if Grambling will be listed as the home team. (There hasn't been any confirmation of this)
    I dont think if GSU has more people at a press conference than Tech that the football world will think any less. Maybe for the game but nobody is going to care about the press conference.

Bulldog MACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your time MACHIAVELLI's Avatar

I have confirmation that Grambling is the home team.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

I will not be making the presser guys. Showing up in mass will show support for Big head lameduck Ced and Tech's IGNORANT idea of having this game in Shreveport. I love the idea of having an extra game I can see next year, but this game is an awful idea (In Shreveport)

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Game 1
    Win # 1
    Get in it/ win it/ move on...

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MACHIAVELLI View Post
    I have confirmation that Grambling is the home team.
    Well since you have it it must be true!

I too have heard it from other sources but until BVDV or TECH officailly annouce it it isn't FACT! But if it is designated a home game to Grambling it will be like ulm's home games in Little Rock, in theory only.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I want to burn a vacation day to go for that.

Bulldog MACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMACHIAVELLI Ultimate jerk and not worth your time MACHIAVELLI's Avatar

Well since you have it it must be true!

I too have heard it from other sources but until BVDV or TECH officailly annouce it it isn't FACT! But if it is designated a home game to Grambling it will be like ulm's home games in Little Rock, in theory only.
    Well you wait until you hear it from them. I don't have to wait that long. I've know about it for some time now. If Grambling being the home team wasn't a big deal you guys won't keep talking about it being a problem. Tech is not the first team we've taken to Shreveport to be visitors, it won't be the last.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I don't know if I want to burn a vacation day to go for that.
    +1

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Well you wait until you hear it from them. I don't have to wait that long. I've know about it for some time now. If Grambling being the home team wasn't a big deal you guys won't keep talking about it being a problem. Tech is not the first team we've taken to Shreveport to be visitors, it won't be the last.

It's not a big deal. Neutral sight. I'm looking forward to the game.

1. I am supporting this game.
    2. I too have known about this game for some time (6-21-09 I first told people about what I know)
    3. I tried to find other Div I schools Grambling has brought to Shreveport. I got SMU in '83 & Oregon St. in '85. Are there others? (BTW, Congrats on the win over O ST in '85) It still has been at least 15 years....And that was a time when Grambling was MUCH more respected as a team than they are now.
    4. Your statement above "little no make cents"..."If Grambling being the home team wasn't a big deal you guys won't keep talking about it being a problem." Must be that Grambling edumycation!:icon_wink:
    5. I think this game can be a success. But before you "stake your claim" in Shreveport you better see who else you bring in for games in the next four years. You think a TECH vs UTEP was bad? Just wait till you get Grambling vs. ulm!
    6. You should source your info if you want people to beleive you here. UR nothing but a screen name until you prove otherwise. I on the other hand am a real person that MANY know not just here but in person.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

So when we kick Grambling's ass, do we have to give them a ride back to Lincoln Parish??????

Make no mistake, this will be out of hand before halftime. Livas will have more all purpose yards than Grambling has total offense.....and not from kickoff returns. I do like to see the Grambling folk on here.....it should be entertaining until early September.........then they will scrap the 'let's play Tech in football idea' forever!!!!!!!!! What is Grambling's worst HOME beating ever???......we will beat it unless SD calls of the DAWGS.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I've always pulled for Grambling to win the SWAC championship in every sport each year but I have never attended a Grambling football game in my life. I would bet that most Grambling fans could say the same thing about Tech football. I did attend the Mississippi Valley game at JAS as well as the game with Alcorn in Jackson the following week. Both were fun games to watch as Tech won each pretty handily. And even though I wish we were the designated home team, I will be in Independence Stadium to support the Dawgs!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

The home team designation was a real sticking point for Grambling from what I understand. They obviously couldn't have been the home team if we played the game in Ruston and we can't play in Grambling. This is basically the only way that this game would happen. Grambling was very concerned with this not being like the ULM game where they felt used afterwards. Grambling being the "home team" doesn't bother our athletic department and it shouldn't bother us.

+ Reply to Thread