+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech/Grambling Tickets $25

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: Tech/Grambling Tickets $25

After seeing that graphic, it makes me so embarrassed to be advertised in this game like that.

Makes Tech look like just another crappy school/team.

And my prediction will be the 15,000 young black people at the game will be gone by halftime to go to Kokopelli's.

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    As an old fart, the state fair game was a weekend of good times.:icon_wink:

I don't remember if we had to buy a ticket, but the memories certainly have overwritten to cost of the ticket.
    I’m not sure if I’m an old fart yet but I did go to a few State Fair Classic games, and the students did have to buy tickets. But the ticket included parking and admission to the fair. After a morning stop by the Rally in the Alley, riding some of the rides were out of the question for a lot of folks :icon_wink:

If it turns out to be profitable maybe the Port City Classic could become the “new” State Fair tradition

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

PORT CITY CLASSIC TICKETS
    • $32 Chairback Seats - LA TECH Season Ticket Holders Only
    • $25 Sideline Bench Seats
    • $10 LA TECH Students
    • $10 Groups of 20+
    what a waste of a slot for a home game in Ruston...........

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Ah.... Well, never thought I'd be spending $32 to see the Grambling marching band. Oh well!
    I'm not paying 32 dollars to see the Grambling marching band. I'm paying $32 to see LOUISIANA TECH whip Grambling's arse.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I'm not paying 32 dollars to see the Grambling marching band. I'm paying $32 to see LOUISIANA TECH whip Grambling's arse.
    Correction: When I purchase my Louisiana Tech tickets, I get to see them play against some other team as well. I have no respect at all for Grambling football. However, regardless who we play, I will ALWAYS try to get to ever game the Dawgs are in! I'm still lookin' forward to kickoff on Labor Day!

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    what a waste of a slot for a home game in Ruston...........
    I really don't follow this logic.

If it were a home game, it would be against a DIAA or DII school anyway, and we would have to pay.

This way, we get paid, we play virtually the same opponent, and we get good exposure in both NW Louisiana and East Texas.

What's the downside?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Wow any reason they used the superdome for the logo?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Did they? Doesn't look like the Superdome to me.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post

If it were a home game, it would be against a DIAA or DII school anyway, and we would have to pay.

This way, we get paid, we play virtually the same opponent, and we get good exposure in both NW Louisiana and East Texas.

What's the downside?
    It's Oakesian logic (or Reneau 1.0, perhaps). It's kind of hard to follow.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the logo and thought the EXACT thing! But then I finished reading the posts and you beat me too it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think its suppose to be some "artsy" rendition of the Texas St Bridge -

I think -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    AMEN,Dawgmatic, that is the only reason I will be coming to this game. It will also be our first chance to see SD's offense and I certainly will not want to miss that.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post

What's the downside?

You will never understand some people on here......I am banging my head against the wall reading some of these posts.......We have such an arrogance coming off a 4-8 season and 2 years removed for winning our first bowl game since the 70's.

We get paid, we win, we expose our team to the largest alumni base, but because we were designated the visitor and people have to shell out a few bucks, it is WHINE CENTRAL!!!!!!!!!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think its suppose to be some "artsy" rendition of the Texas St Bridge -

I think -
    It's a "generic" stadium illustration added to the logo. I think it's lame that whoever made this logo couldn't find a clever way to highlight the I-bowl stadium structure.

I would have created something like a river boat...you know it is called the "Port" city classic.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It's a "generic" stadium illustration added to the logo. I think it's lame that whoever made this logo couldn't find a clever way to highlight the I-bowl stadium structure.

I would have created something like a river boat...you know it is called the "Port" city classic.
    Kinda looks like a bridge to me -

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread