+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'A historic matchup' - Shreveport Times

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 'A historic matchup' - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by PTDAWG View Post
    Yeah, and get laughed at by everyone else.
    And for some reason, that seems to be important to some people like you.

Why on earth would "everyone else" laugh at someone having their own game day hotel inside their own athletic facility?

If you want us to "out-recruit" some of the big boys, you can't fear being different. I'm sure people like you laughed at Boise's "blue field" too......but look at Boise now.:icon_wink:

Point is, "mid majors" like us can benefit from being different. LA Tech doesn't have the resources to "out spend" the big boys. You can't simply do the same things they do --but do them worse-- and still expect to catch 'em. You have to be different.

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Me too.

If they are going to stick with this "pregame hotel" policy, I just as soon see them build a "bunkhouse" for the players (a nice one) at the JAS Fieldhouse and avoid all the pregame transportation issues, etc.....That way, we permanently remove most of the pregame expense, and only need to hire a caterer for food.

LA Tech could be the first in the country to do something like that.

HD
    I kind of like the idea.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I kind of like the idea.
    Me too! (if you must do it at all). But to respond to the post saying that the hotel (or the campus hotel for that matter) is a way to maintain a routine, nothing does that better than sleeping in your bed surrounded by your own "stuff." Sleeping in a hotel room is never routine even if you sleep there five or six times a season.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I've got an idea...let the architecture department refurbish Jenkins or McFarland into a type of University hotel. On football weekends, we'll put the team there. Other times, alumni can stay there.
    Lots of potential with that: http://www.thecookhotel.com/

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's a dramatically different contractual arrangement than what the Grambling folks are saying in the thread titled "Grambling Responds" etc....

I think this is the kind of "financial credibility" crap Dwayne warned us about. Okay.......here we go......

HD

These apparent shenanigans are worrisome. Is there a way for us to know what is actually in the contract?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    These apparent shenanigans are worrisome. Is there a way for us to know what is actually in the contract?
    I trust BVD to know what's in the contract.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I trust BVD to know what's in the contract.

I do as well. I also know of occurrences where a party that agreed to a contract decided they didn't like it costing everyone a lot of money. I, as we all would, just would hate to see DFM's warnings come to reality.

I'm curious, what is it about these Grambling game threads that disturb you?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Lots of potential with that: http://www.thecookhotel.com/
    I attended a conference at this facility and it is first class. It is a great opportunity to expose businessmen and businesswomen to your school and what all you have to offer. I think that an on campus hotel at Tech is a great idea. I don't know anything about any of the old dorms at Tech, so I don't know if any would be good candidates for refurbishing, but this is something that could pay for itself over the long haul.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

I have gone to a conference at the cook hotel and also the UGA hotel http://www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/hotel/index.phtml while ive been at Tech. Even ULL has a hotel across from the cajun dome which is where the conference is where we are going this year. It seems to be the thing to do these days.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Champ967 would be thrilled. Give him that and a 13th game against nlulm and he is set for life.
    Yup -- That and a nice backrub.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Me too! (if you must do it at all). But to respond to the post saying that the hotel (or the campus hotel for that matter) is a way to maintain a routine, nothing does that better than sleeping in your bed surrounded by your own "stuff." Sleeping in a hotel room is never routine even if you sleep there five or six times a season.

Being around your own stuff is much better. I can't understand how sleeping in a different bed is restful. I spend one night on a hotel bed and it takes the next 2 days to feel right again, and I am only 28.

+ Reply to Thread