+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'A historic matchup' - Shreveport Times

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

'A historic matchup' - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

There was some good natured ribbing, lots of hand shaking and generally good vibes all around on Tuesday morning when officials from Shreveport, Grambling State University and Louisiana Tech met in Independence Stadium's Sky Club to announce history.

More...

Discuss the article here.

Puppy techie is an unknown techie's Avatar

Re: 'A historic matchup' - Shreveport Times

Yeah, the Shreveport Times is all over this thing. The City of Shreveport acting as if their "all in" on this game? I'm not a big gambler, but I'd say they've got some good odds.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

We split the first $400,000 in ticket sales and sponsorships and Tech receives the "lion's share" of remaining sales. City gets concessions, StateFair Board gets parking, less a share to the schools.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Who shells out for the event staff/security/traffic control?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Who shells out for the event staff/security/traffic control?
    According to the article, Shreveport:

Shreveport will provide the facility and game-day, operational officials.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    We split the first $400,000 in ticket sales and sponsorships and Tech receives the "lion's share" of remaining sales. City gets concessions, StateFair Board gets parking, less a share to the schools.

If I'm understanding correctly, 100% of ticket sales go to the universities. The first 16,000 sold are split evenly and Tech gets 75% of the value of tickets sold over that. Is that correct?

Would the only expenses Tech have be travel, meals and lodging?

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Would the only expenses Tech have be travel, meals and lodging?
    pretty much and these expenses are incurred even when we play in Ruston (at least under Dooley) b/c the team spends the night in Monroe on the night before gameday.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    pretty much and these expenses are incurred even when we play in Ruston (at least under Dooley) b/c the team spends the night in Monroe on the night before gameday.
    That's correct. Just like any home game, just a bigger paycheck.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    That's what I thought. I wonder why that is?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    That's what I thought. I wonder why that is?
    Because that's the way Dooley's idol, Saban, does it.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

The more this gets out there the more buzz I am hearing around Shreveport for this game. One of my employees who rarely ever mentions either school tells me this morning he is very pumped up for the game. He's going to have his mother sew half a TECH jersey and half a Grambling jersey together because he likes both schools. He asked me why I thought it took so long to make this game happen. Interest is coming from places I never thought I would see. Really cool.

Varsity Bulldog PTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the rough PTDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Not quite hater. Almost every D1 school does that the night before home games. It's a way to have final gameplan meetings, bond with the team, and STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!!!!

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

And make sure they get a good nights sleep and are not carousing around town looking for female alley cats.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I think they can accomplish the same thing in Ruston. The biggest thing is having all the guys in close enough quarters that you can have coaches watching. This could be done at a local hotel or on campus. On campus definitely saves $$$. They could still book the movie theater and take them all to a show the night before and get them in their rooms early.

Varsity Bulldog PTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the rough PTDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think they can accomplish the same thing in Ruston. The biggest thing is having all the guys in close enough quarters that you can have coaches watching. This could be done at a local hotel or on campus. On campus definitely saves $$$. They could still book the movie theater and take them all to a show the night before and get them in their rooms early.

Too many potential distractions in Ruston. All of their friends and girlfriends are here so there would be sneaking in or out every time. No way to keep an eye on close to 100 "kids" in Ruston.

+ Reply to Thread