+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First game in new Target Field

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

First game in new Target Field

It may be cold, but this is a pretty cool opportunity for the team.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: First game in new Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    It may be cold, but this is a pretty cool opportunity for the team.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ
    I have been planning a trip to a Twins game in July to see the new stadium. Now I've got something else to think about.

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

That really is a cool thing. Louisiana Tech will always be tied to the history of that stadium. There is only one "first" for anything, so nothing will replace the fact that our school will always hold that mention. Moreover, we will recieve more press coverage in the immediate on a national level for that fact. Pretty neat.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

That is awesome... Playing at the dome for two games and Target field for the other makes for one memorable trip. They not only get the "first" at the new stadium, but get to play in the same dome as some of the greats. To play where Kirby Puckett played.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I'm glad the Twins are finally out the homer dome but an outdoor stadium in Minneapolis? Early April and playoff baseball will be absolutely miserable.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we were the first to play at Reliant Stadium in Houston against Rice in football, as well.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

FWIW, I coached Matt Tolbert, current starting 3B for the Twins his senior year in high school. Really, there wasn't a whole lotta coaching involved, kid was unhuman, would want to stay AFTER practice for 2-3 hours for me to hit him buckets and buckets and buckets, etc... of ground balls. Turned down a football scholly to Auburn to play DB, I think he made the right choice. He come backs to his high school every year and signs autographs and all that.. I have become a Twin fan since they drafted him
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

My son that lives just north of the Cities called me about this last night. He said it's all over the news up there. The Gopher players are excited to get to play in the new stadium. They are selling tickets for 2 bucks, I guess to try to fill the stadium. But my son also told me that this is one of the worst winters they have had up there and he wouldn't lay any bets that they will be able to play baseball on March 27th or that the grass will be ready. But if they do and if it is, he plans to be there.
    Last edited by oledawg66; 02-27-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

This would be a great opportunity for me since I'm a fan of TECH baseball, all baseball, and traveling to different ballparks. However, that is the same weekend of the NCAA MBB Sweet 16/Elite 8. I don't know where the Dunkin' DAWGS will be that weekend.

Here's my problem - should I believe in the MBB DAWGS, or should I go ahead and book the flight to Minneapolis to see our Diamond DAWGS open up the new stadium?

OK, bring on your sarcastic answers about the MBB DAWGS but I think I already know all of them y'all could give.

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Maybe we can "Target" that on our calendar!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think we were the first to play at Reliant Stadium in Houston against Rice in football, as well.
    Yes we were. :bigcry: But I don't want to remember that game and the long drive home late that night.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    My son that lives just north of the Cities called me about this last night. He said it's all over the news up there. The Gopher players are excited to get to play in the new stadium. They are selling tickets for 2 bucks, I guess to try to fill the stadium. But my son also told me that this is one of the worst winters they have had up there and he wouldn't lay any bets that they will be able to play baseball on March 22nd or that the grass will be ready. But if they do and if it is, he plans to be there.
    From KSTP, the ABC affiliate in the Twin cities.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1433150.shtml?cat=206

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    I'm glad the Twins are finally out the homer dome but an outdoor stadium in Minneapolis? Early April and playoff baseball will be absolutely miserable.
    You got that right! I traveled to MSP for 25 years, and was there in every month of the year at least once. The only bearable months are July and August. That is the coldest place I have ever been to!

I went to see the St. Paul Saints (minor league team) play in early June once and froze my butt off! Had a good time, though. I also went to a Twins game about three weeks after the Metrodome opened (1982 or 1983?). That was the worse place to see a major league baseball game. We sat behind the third base dugout and was constantly looking to our right to see home plate. The field is designed to look straight ahead for football. The stands are not contoured for baseball. The "baggies" out in right field were interesting as well.

All I can say is, BUNDLE UP GOOD, DAWGS!!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    My son that lives just north of the Cities called me about this last night. He said it's all over the news up there. The Gopher players are excited to get to play in the new stadium. They are selling tickets for 2 bucks, I guess to try to fill the stadium. But my son also told me that this is one of the worst winters they have had up there and he wouldn't lay any bets that they will be able to play baseball on March 22nd or that the grass will be ready. But if they do and if it is, he plans to be there.
    Worst in 60+ years...we have 3 feet of snow on our field at Rosenblatt and some sections of seating youcan't even see because of snow drifts!

+ Reply to Thread