+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dykes's Contract revealed

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Dyke's Contract revealed

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    actually, it should be dykes's. but you are right -- it should be fixed.
    Copy that.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAIQUIRIDAWG View Post
    I sure would have liked to seen a provision in the contract that whomever hired him away would have to come play us in the Joe within a certain number of years.
    That's a great thought and I would love to see it happen....
    I wouldn't put any money on that though but I would support adding that clause!

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

I believe we were very lucky to get a coach as qualified as Coach Dykes for as little as $450K. We should be looking at a minimum of $600,000. Not sure how we could come up with that much money, but we are being left behind again with our salaries at the current level.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    I believe we were very lucky to get a coach as qualified as Coach Dykes for as little as $450K. We should be looking at a minimum of $600,000. Not sure how we could come up with that much money, but we are being left behind again with our salaries at the current level.
    $450K is the base. Rome wasn't built in a day. Compare SD's FIRST contract to the extension JB3 got. I agree with you that we're not where we need to be, but we're trending in the right direction. School's like Tech have to have incentive laden contracts. With the incentives, this isn't a bad deal at all. I'd also be willing to bet that SD can get a raise pretty quickly if he can win early (which Dooley didn't exactly do).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

He's definitely got a lot more to work with than Dooley had.

Dooley's whole system was more about building a program than building a team. I think Dykes is more about building the team, which will hopefully show itself on the field come September.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

For those who don't know, the Golf and Social Membership at Squire Creek is a pretty good deal too. I am sure he won't even have to pay for meals when he eats out there. That is an initial fee of $20,000, monthly fee of around $350, and any other expenses at the club essentially for free. Unless they have reworked the dues and all since I last checked to make sure I still can't afford it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    $450K is the base. Rome wasn't built in a day. Compare SD's FIRST contract to the extension JB3 got. I agree with you that we're not where we need to be, but we're trending in the right direction. School's like Tech have to have incentive laden contracts. With the incentives, this isn't a bad deal at all. I'd also be willing to bet that SD can get a raise pretty quickly if he can win early (which Dooley didn't exactly do).

You have to think about the perks that every coach gets in addition to the salary. The car, golf stuff, and favoritism around town has to count for something. I know it's not much, but still, Ruston can offer a lot on the side for a family. I wonder if there is anything in there about covering cost of tuition at A.E. Phillips or the Creek if they choose to go private school when the baby is old enough.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    You have to think about the perks that every coach gets in addition to the salary. The car, golf stuff, and favoritism around town has to count for something. I know it's not much, but still, Ruston can offer a lot on the side for a family. I wonder if there is anything in there about covering cost of tuition at A.E. Phillips or the Creek if they choose to go private school when the baby is old enough.
    How long until the baby will be starting school at one of those places?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    How long until the baby will be starting school at one of those places?
    Not sure, she is probably 2 or 3. If CC then a year or 2 til Pre-K. If Phillips, then 2-3 years for K.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

You talk about perks. Shouldn't we believe that every head coach gets the same type perks. If so, then we are still about $200K below a competive wage.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Shouldn't we believe that every head coach gets the same type perks. If so, then we are still about $200K below a competive wage.
    Apparently not. He took the job, didn't he?

HD

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

That's still not a lot of money when compared with even the bottom dwellers of bigger conferences.

A lot of the BCS schools pay their Coordinators as much or more than our Head Coach.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

One step at a time, folks.

We're working our way towards where we want to be.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    That's still not a lot of money when compared with even the bottom dwellers of bigger conferences.

A lot of the BCS schools pay their Coordinators as much or more than our Head Coach.
    I don't know that I would say a lot. For instance, in his first year, Gus Malzahn made 100K less than the minimum that SD will make in his first year.

If you look at our budget and compare that with the bottom dweller of a big conference...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Dykes's Contract revealed

Tbonne, I would say that VERY FEW schools pay their coordinators more than our HC. Those being the traditional national title contenders.

+ Reply to Thread