+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Other February 27 WAC scores

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Other February 27 WAC scores

New Mexico State 95 Boise State 92 FINAL from Las Cruces
    San Jose State 72 Fresno State 45 FINAL from San Jose
    Hawai'i 74 Nevada 63 FINAL (and Hawai'i 9-game losing streak is over) at Honolulu

Utah State 12-2 (vs Fresno State, vs NMSU)
    New Mexico State 11-3 (at Nevada, at Utah State)
    Louisiana Tech 9-5 (at Fresno State, at Nevada)
    Nevada 9-5 (vs NMSU, vs Tech)
    San Jose State 6-8 (at Idaho, at Boise State)
    Fresno State 6-8 (at Utah State, vs Tech)
    Idaho 4-10 (vs San Jose State, vs Hawai'i)
    Boise State 3-11 (vs Hawai'i, vs San Jose State)
    Hawai'i 3-11 (at Boise State, at Idaho)

Tournament seeding notes--
    Utah State--clinches #1 seed if it beats Fresno State at home and NMSU doesn't sweep at Nevada and at Utah State)
    NMSU--has clinched the #2 seed and can clinch the #1 seed with a sweep at Nevada and at Utah State (NMSU wins tiebreakers over Tech with a sweep and Nevada due to win over Utah State while USU swept Nevada)
    Tech--can clinch #3 seed with a win at Nevada or with a win at Fresno State while NMSU wins at Nevada and loses at Utah State (Tech split with USU while Nevada was swept)
    Nevada--can clinch #3 seed with a sweep vs NMSU and vs Tech or with just a win over Tech if NMSU beats Utah State
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 02-28-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Other February 27 WAC scores

Hawaii helped us last night be defeating Nevada. We just need to win out and clinch the #3 seed. Not much difference in a 2 or 3 seed in this tournment. I still have hope that we can rebound and start the winning again. Slumps are just that - slumps. We just have to hope we come out of it before the tournament.

We need to beat Nevada and Fresno - tough to do on their courts.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Hawaii helped us last night be defeating Nevada. We just need to win out and clinch the #3 seed. Not much difference in a 2 or 3 seed in this tournment. I still have hope that we can rebound and start the winning again. Slumps are just that - slumps. We just have to hope we come out of it before the tournament.

We need to beat Nevada and Fresno - tough to do on their courts.
    The good news here is that we are guaranteed not to meet Nevada in the tournament, on their home floor, until the championship.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    The good news here is that we are guaranteed not to meet Nevada in the tournament, on their home floor, until the championship.
    Honestly, I feel better about Nevada than I do NMSU.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Honestly, I feel better about Nevada than I do NMSU.

Not me. Odds are with us in the NMSU game with them going for the third win. I don't want to play Nevada on their home court with the inconsistant referees we've seen protecting the golden boy.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Not me. Odds are with us in the NMSU game with them going for the third win. I don't want to play Nevada on their home court with the inconsistant referees we've seen protecting the golden boy.
    Ditto. Besides, don't both teams have ex-cons on them or is that NMST and Fresneck?

Okay, you two have convinced me. Just got to take care of business in the last week leading up to the tournament.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

The interesting side note to all of this is that Boise and Hawaii are fighting tooth and nail for that final spot. Boise beats us and then plays NMSU to 3 in Las Cruces, and then Hawaii beats Nevada by 11. Something tells me this is going to be a crazy final week of WAC bball.

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    The interesting side note to all of this is that Boise and Hawaii are fighting tooth and nail for that final spot. Boise beats us and then plays NMSU to 3 in Las Cruces, and then Hawaii beats Nevada by 11. Something tells me this is going to be a crazy final week of WAC bball.
    You are correct! We better be playing our best this week to assure our spot, as well. Everyone is jockying for the best seed now - or for survival, as noted above.

+ Reply to Thread