+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A challenge to Spinoza

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

A challenge to Spinoza

I don't share your "flair" for words but I hope you can appreciate the sentiment.

I get the inclination that you don't agree, so here goes:

Why or why not is it morally permissable for the US government to take a dollar from me and give it to a poor disabled and mentally incomplete man in a wheel chair?

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Re: A challenge to Spinoza

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I don't share your "flair" for words but I hope you can appreciate the sentiment.

Why or why not is it morally permissable for the US government to take a dollar from me and give it to a poor disabled and mentally incomplete man in a wheel chair?
    Because you're one of my favorite dawg authors......
    Who provides plenty of excercise for whatever remains of my little grey cells,
    I'll respond.

It is NOT morally permissable for the US government (or any state or local government) to take a dollar from you (or from any other American citizen)......
    And give it to anyone...... Either directly in cash, or indirectly via "services".

You have just read one of the very few missives I have ever authored in dawgland while sober.
    I believe I have adequately answered your question.
    However, if you would like me to explain the reasoning employed to arrive at my response...... You will have to wait until I begin romping with Baschus.

Let me know.

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: A challenge to Spinoza

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post

I think morals are derived from religion and our belief in a God. The Ten Commandments and all of that, ya know.

So, since many people want a separation of church and state, the gov-mint should not base any laws, rules, policies, whatever on a morals. There should be NO laws against discrimination at all! Don't want to hire a black, a white, a woman, an Asian dude????? okay! no laws against it, but one should search his/her conscience and look to religious (moral) teachings and decide if that is really the right thing to do. Most will decide that it is immoral, and opt not to discriminate.

BTW, I have spinny on ignore, so I don't know what silly answer he gave.

+ Reply to Thread