+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: two players dismissed-Shreve Times

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: two players dismissed-Shreve Times

Thanks, Ford.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

If Ross Jenkins played for Coach Rupp, would he have been kicked off the team?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aussierules1985 View Post
    Was hoping that was the case, I figured even if they goofed off a bit, you cant release them if they are actually really solid material.

Sad stuff, but I guess if we had better options, go for it.

Look, I don't know what they did, but they were not going to be part of the program's future. This allows the coaches to add two players that can help next year. Scholarships are a year-to-year deal. You have to earn them.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    Scholarships are a year-to-year deal. You have to earn them.
    Speaking of scholarships, how does having an academic scholarship affect an athletic scholarships if at all? Does it matter what sport? I'm very curious about this and would like an answer if someone has the info. Thanks.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    If Ross Jenkins played for Coach Rupp, would he have been kicked off the team?
    Probably not since he was a two year starter -

Disciplined with a very heavy hand and suspended with a chance to return would be my guess ....

There is always a sliding scale not matter what one might say -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Not to jump a different direction but I hope Anson has earned a scholarship.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Not to jump a different direction but I hope Anson has earned a scholarship.
    Why do people always go down this road? We wanted to give Loe a scholarship. Now we want to give Anson a scholarship. I appreciate the hard work and heart he gives to the team but that is exactly what you want in a walk on.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Why do people always go down this road? We wanted to give Loe a scholarship. Now we want to give Anson a scholarship. I appreciate the hard work and heart he gives to the team but that is exactly what you want in a walk on.
    But he was the 7th man (and alot of times arguably the best player off the bench) - beating out other guys on the bench who were on full rides

Loe was a starter last year by default, BIG difference -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    But he was the 7th man (and alot of times arguably the best player off the bench) - beating out other guys on the bench who were on full rides

Loe was a starter last year by default, BIG difference -
    If Anson and Rake would combine their ability into 1 player I'd say he deserves to be considered for a ship.

And Anson also earned his spot on the floor somewhat by default. Who else do we have on the bench at guard? DJ is the first guy off the bench at the post but when Brandon Gibson got hurt he had no other guard on the bench with experience. Redding is starting to develop into the first guard off the bench now. Next year when we have Brandon Gibson and Darrius Redding coming off the bench we will really want all the roster spots possible for guys that can shoot lights out.

And also let's not forget that Anson isn't exactly struggling to make it in college. We aren't losing him unless he just grows tired of playing basketball.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Anson should get a scholarship because he is worth a scholarship, period. He knows how to play basketball and he will be a valuable asset to next year's team. There are walk on's that earn scholarships all the time--he falls into that category.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Anson is funny. When I first saw him go into the game I was expecting a no defense playing, slow white kid that could shoot the three. He is the exact opposite. He plays great defense, and cuts to the goal every chance he gets, but he can't shoot.

From a hard work and playing the game right standpoint Anson is the best we have.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Isn't Anson close friends with Cruz Williams. Wonder if Cruz can shoot the rock?

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Yeah I agree the guy is a great energy boost off the bench but I agree with Juice..

ever seen the kid shoot a free throw?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    Yeah I agree the guy is a great energy boost off the bench but I agree with Juice..

ever seen the kid shoot a free throw?
    He's the 3rd best free throw shooter on the team at 71%. It usually goes in.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    It usually goes in.
    TWSS.....I had to

+ Reply to Thread