+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: two players dismissed-Shreve Times

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Re: two players dismissed-Shreve Times

22-31 for ACE..my bad i shouldnt have called him out but when i saw him shoot at the TAC the other night it was pretty ugly. He has 2 years to improve the shot though because the defense is there

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Anson should get a scholarship because he is worth a scholarship, period. He knows how to play basketball and he will be a valuable asset to next year's team. There are walk on's that earn scholarships all the time--he falls into that category.
    Anson falls into a very special category............. he doesn't need the scholarship. He is the perfect walk on. Can contribute, but his Daddy can foot the bill so another kid can fill a scholarship.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Anson falls into a very special category............. he doesn't need the scholarship. He is the perfect walk on. Can contribute, but his Daddy can foot the bill so another kid can fill a scholarship.
    That's fine with me--I just don't like the "non-scholarship" stigma that seems to make his contributions obscured to so many--even our coaches. He makes a noticeable contribution to the quality of shots we get and he is also a crafty defender. I'd love to see the +/- with him in the game.

Like you know, there's a whole lot more to basketball than individual scoring...

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

That's fine with me--I just don't like the "non-scholarship" stigma that seems to make his contributions obscured to so many--even our coaches. He makes a noticeable contribution to the quality of shots we get and he is also a crafty defender. I'd love to see the +/- with him in the game.

Like you know, there's a whole lot more to basketball than individual scoring...
    Oh, I definitely agree. He has to have the best +/- numbers on the team. As we have discussed before, he is in the top 15 in the conference in steals............ playing less than 10 minutes a game.

I really don't think the coaches look at him any different than the scholarship players though. I think he lost a little playing time in the middle of the season due to his back problems. With the dismissal of Yonas, I expect Anson will pick up those 2 minutes a game.

I am really hopeful that there is a silver lining to KG's injury. DJack, Darius and Anson have picked up their contributions over the past two weeks. The ability to get solid minutes out of those 3 in the tournament, complementing a healthy KG could be the difference in winning a championship.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I definitely agree. He has to have the best +/- numbers on the team. As we have discussed before, he is in the top 15 in the conference in steals............ playing less than 10 minutes a game.

I really don't think the coaches look at him any different than the scholarship players though. I think he lost a little playing time in the middle of the season due to his back problems. With the dismissal of Yonas, I expect Anson will pick up those 2 minutes a game.

I am really hopeful that there is a silver lining to KG's injury. DJack, Darius and Anson have picked up their contributions over the past two weeks. The ability to get solid minutes out of those 3 in the tournament, complementing a healthy KG could be the difference in winning a championship.
    Losing KG has exposed the ball-handling deficiencies of Guyton and Darius. I do think, however, it has given our coaches a new perspective on how to utilize DJack.

That said, I don't think we're playing as poorly as many of our more emotional fanbase seems to think. B/f KG's injury, we played with Utah State to the end in Logan and we beat Northeastern. B/f that we played a solid game against NMSU.

I've watched this team all year--we weren't as GOOD as some on here thought we were and we're not as BAD as some now think. Now, can we afford to lose a 20pt scorer and still beat WAC opponents? No. With KG, are we as dangerous as any team in the conference? Yes.

This is a team that needed a buzzer-beater to beat ULM and took 2 over-times to beat Centenary. Sure, we blew out Utah State in the first game, but that was because they were BAD in that game. I know I'm preaching to the choir with you Skill, but these fickle folk get on my nerves.

When all is said and done, this team will have done better than most pre-season prognostication--including DFM's.

my kingdom for a knock-down shooter........ or a least another streak shooter that would get hot when everyone else is cold.

my kingdom for a knock-down shooter........ or a least another streak shooter that would get hot when everyone else is cold.
    If somebody zones us, throw Rake out there. I mean, Darius was zilch on the stat sheet against Fresno--except for turnovers. Both Boise and NMSU burned us at home w players who shot the 3 and little else.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

This is a team that needed a buzzer-beater to beat ULM and took 2 over-times to beat Centenary.
    Which is what 90% of our posters tend to forget....

Kyle doesn't make that shot at ULM and the season might have headed south right there -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Which is what 90% of our posters tend to forget....

Kyle doesn't make that shot at ULM and the season might have headed south right there -
    ULM wasn't exactly our best performance. Olu, Magnum, and Guyton fouled out while DJack had 4 fouls. Also if we make one of the 10 missed free throws we don't even need Kyle's 3.

Anson had 3 steals in 20 minutes tonight. The boy has a gift.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    ULM wasn't exactly our best performance. Olu, Magnum, and Guyton fouled out while DJack had 4 fouls. Also if we make one of the 10 missed free throws we don't even need Kyle's 3.
    Refs call the same game in the second hallf we beat them by 20.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

This team had no real bench as many top WAC teams. Need at least 3 quality guys off the bench. Redding is athletic forward in a guard's body that needs improved outside shooting desperately to play more. Missed Brandon Gibson and another year of experience for him. We have no big man for next year after Magnum is gone. Lack of as good a inside game next year will cause us to fall off a little. Still think we win over .500 of our games though as we gradually bring in a little better signees each year after all the transfer phase to try to jump start program, which it did. Sign another 2-3 quality guys next fall and spring 2011 and we build continuity for each year.

+ Reply to Thread