+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: we could have had him/anthony webb

Varsity Bulldog tbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nice

we could have had him/anthony webb

Robert Sellers
    CougarsDen.com Publisher

Talk about it in the Message Boards
    Houston is well into it's evaluations of the prospects in the 2011 class and have already sent out numerous offers. As the recruiting landscape of 2011 begins to take shape some players will see their stock rise quickly as schools get the opportunity to evaluate their production and talents. One such player he starting to gain momentum in his recruitment is La Porte running back Anthony Webb.

Webb rushed for 1,362 yards and 11 touchdowns as a junior.

Webb who has been seen as a target among the recruiting community since he burst on the scene as a sophomore two seasons ago while splitting the back field with bruising running back Kendrick Perkins. The duo teamed up to form La Porte's very own thunder and lightning duo.

Perkins has moved on to play baseball at Texas A&M and Webb is looking to step up as the feature back in La Porte's offense next year.

"I think we are going to be good next year," said the 5-foot-11, 175 pound tailback. "Defensively we are going to have nine guys coming back which isn't too bad. On my side though we are going to pretty much have anew line, so we are going to have to come together quickly."

Webb has started to see the interest in him heat up as his junior season ends and he begins the process of getting contacted by schools.

"Everything is going good so far," said the shifty speedster. "I've been hearing from TCU, Houston, Arizona and Minnesota."

The interest from Houston has definitely been on the rise as of late and Webb attended the junior day that Houston held last Sunday.

"I liked it a lot," he said. "I got to learn a lot more about the recruiting process. It was my first junior day to attend and I got offered by them too."

Webb's had the opportunity to familiarize himself with Houston's offense and he definitely likes what he has seen so far.

"I was able to go watch the game they played last year against Tulane in New Orleans and it was pretty nice," said the shifty back. "I like their offense, the run a lot of screens and like to get the ball to the back in space. That's something I think I do well, catching the ball out of the backfield."

Webb plans on working out and hitting some camps during the summer in order to see more of what is out there.

"I know I am going to go to the Houston camp for sure this summer and Texas A&M has one that I may go to also," he said.

Webb also is pretty sure he knows what he wants in the school he chooses to play at collegiately.

"I'm looking for the tradition that the school has, how many games the school might win and academics too."

Webb was selected as a first team all-district running back for district 22-5A last year. Despite splitting time with senior Perkins last season, Webb rushed for 1362 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: we could have had him/anthony webb

?

Varsity Bulldog tbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nice

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I don't know much about this guy, but what is his story? Why do you say we could have had him?

i am his coach, i played at la tech sent video the whole story on him. no offer, houston , tcu , arizona offered him he committed to houston . i wonder why we are slow in jr offers.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

He committed to Houston?

I didn't see that anywhere, but you would know better than most.

Houston is a good school, he'll probably do well there. The lack of offer could have something to do with the tremendous talent and number of young, fast backs that are already on the roster.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbonne34 View Post
    i am his coach, i played at la tech sent video the whole story on him. no offer, houston , tcu , arizona offered him he committed to houston . i wonder why we are slow in jr offers.
    My guess is they think they have zero chance of getting and keeping a commitment from a junior. This sounds like a big commit for Houston. I don't know if we've ever even gotten a jr. commit before. Burch was close, but not really a comparable situation.

You still should have been contacted about him.

do we have any jr days/

i would like to think we are along side teams like houston. houston held jr day and got 12 committments from some very good players last sunday. why does la tech not do that

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Dykes may be planning this in the future.

also wish they would continue the combines in lake charles area for recruits. we could get some kids there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

i would like to think we are along side teams like houston. houston held jr day and got 12 committments from some very good players last sunday. why does la tech not do that
    Heck of a turnout they had. Having 12 kids worth offering is huge much less actually offering 12.

they had around 50 kids on campus. very good tool. tcu does it they have 18 committs , texas has 20 , lsu got a great lb from clear springs high school. la tech could get some early esposure getting kids there at this time

they had around 50 kids on campus. very good tool. tcu does it they have 18 committs , texas has 20 , lsu got a great lb from clear springs high school. la tech could get some early esposure getting kids there at this time
    Interesting.

Have these schools been doing it long enough to track the actual results of offers vs. results on signing day?

espn has an article ill pull up about it.. hang on

+ Reply to Thread