+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey's

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Turkey's

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    He ran out in front of your truck and you hit him??

and . . . . I dont think that violates any "fair chase" laws does it? :icon_wink:

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    More likely someone had him penned in their backyard and Chou decided to go 4wheeling. Now he owes someone a chicken wired fence.
    he should have practiced more on his "east to west" than his "north to south"

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    now that's funny

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    They say a good corn pile will do that to them.

Congratulations. I'm insanely jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    They say a good corn pile will do that to them.

Congratulations. I'm insanely jealous.
    dont be. I'm trying to average one every 4 years and over the last 8 years, ive done just that LOL

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Killed this bird a few miles west of Junction City this morning. He was a double beard (8" and 3'), 20.6 lbs, with typical 2 yr old spurs. Called him and a friend, right off the roost.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    Killed this bird a few miles west of Junction City this morning. He was a double beard (8" and 3'), 20.6 lbs, with typical 2 yr old spurs. Called him and a friend, right off the roost.
    Awesome! Congratulations! I have been turkey hunting for what will be my 6th year and I have yet to even get a shot at one.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Very nice congratulations. What kind of a call did you use?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Nice bird.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Very nice congratulations. What kind of a call did you use?
    I traded my old turkey vest for a handmade slate (aka pot call) with a guy (Steve Harrison, callmaker) on a turkey forum. It is, hands down, the best call I've ever used. www.HarrisonGameCalls.com That's the link to his site. I have the Oklahoma Cherry, bronzed glass, with a Purpleheart Striker. It is WELL worth the $$$. I also used a Preston Pittman Diamond mouth call. These calls are the best I've found that you can buy OTC.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I traded my old turkey vest for a handmade slate (aka pot call) with a guy (Steve Harrison, callmaker) on a turkey forum. It is, hands down, the best call I've ever used. www.HarrisonGameCalls.com That's the link to his site. I have the Oklahoma Cherry, bronzed glass, with a Purpleheart Striker. It is WELL worth the $$$. I also used a Preston Pittman Diamond mouth call. These calls are the best I've found that you can buy OTC.
    thanks. I am new to the turkey scene. I recently purchased some land in northeast TX and am hoping to improve it as a turkey habitat. The P&W guys say there is already good brood stock in the area and I just need to improve the habitat. I wanted to get a call and see if I could get any to answer back. Any sugestions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    thanks. I am new to the turkey scene. I recently purchased some land in northeast TX and am hoping to improve it as a turkey habitat. The P&W guys say there is already good brood stock in the area and I just need to improve the habitat. I wanted to get a call and see if I could get any to answer back. Any sugestions.
    Easiest way is to just give me directions and the combo to the gate. The best way to find out what you have on your property is to get there before daylight, get in a good listening spot, and wait for the woods to wake up. The gobblers are going to be alot more vocal on the roost before they fly down. The biggest factor for gobbling is weather. A nice clear, calm, morning is the best. The best time to be out there is RIGHT NOW. They are gobbling good and will be for a few more weeks. You "could' walk around your property with a loud box call and call every 300 yards just to see what you could find, but there is no guarantee that you will get a response. I've been hunting them for about 15 years and still learn something new everytime I go hunting. I will help you as much as you'd like, but for a plethora of info and advice try www.oldgobbler.com No doubt, the most informative site you will find for turkey hunting, calls, guns, biology, etc.

Easiest way is to just give me directions and the combo to the gate. The best way to find out what you have on your property is to get there before daylight, get in a good listening spot, and wait for the woods to wake up. The gobblers are going to be alot more vocal on the roost before they fly down. The biggest factor for gobbling is weather. A nice clear, calm, morning is the best. The best time to be out there is RIGHT NOW. They are gobbling good and will be for a few more weeks. You "could' walk around your property with a loud box call and call every 300 yards just to see what you could find, but there is no guarantee that you will get a response. I've been hunting them for about 15 years and still learn something new everytime I go hunting. I will help you as much as you'd like, but for a plethora of info and advice try www.oldgobbler.com No doubt, the most informative site you will find for turkey hunting, calls, guns, biology, etc.
    sounds like a nice location for a BBB lease . ..

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I saw some hens in the I-20 right of way just west of Minden before Goodwill rd.

You no turkey hunting/kill'n suckers, well ole Choudawg is headed to the woods right now to make up for your apathy Wonder if a blind hawg could find TWO acorns in one year?

+ Reply to Thread