+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody else see this?

Big Dog latechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the rough

anybody else see this?

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

Re: anybody else see this?

Quote Originally Posted by latechbulldawgfanatic View Post
    Just now...pretty impressive display.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

It was in Ruston for the Boise State game. I noticed a few bulldogs mistook it for a fire hydrant.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Yeah, I saw it in Ruston when they played us. I wonder who they were cheering for?

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

I don't understand all this talk about him being a first round cornerback. I, for one, think he's way too small to warrant first round money.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Most draft experts write off combine performance as unrelated to NFL ability. We had a pretty good game against him in Ruston and that is what scouts saw of him.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I think I saw this in Ruston . . . but Dennis Morris was all over him reaching for a touchdown pass!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latechbulldawgfanatic View Post

That's smart. Very smart. And it's so simple and inexpensive to do, it makes you wonder why someone else hasn't thought of doing it before.

This makes me wonder if LA TECH should set up a similar display in downtown Shreveport (and other areas too) to sell football season tickets leading up our the 2010 football season. People taking lunch breaks on Texas Street downtown might be interested. We should also spend a few days with a display like this on Barksdale AFB. And another in SOUTH Shreveport in one of the big shopping centers.

Sometimes good marketing is all about "timing" and "location".

HD

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's smart. Very smart. And it's so simple and inexpensive to do, it makes you wonder why someone else hasn't thought of doing it before.

HD
    Was it his family's RV? Or just a really big fan?

If I remember correctly, there was some kind of flap over having an active player on our U-Haul truck. I guess this RV is not advertising anything but the kid himself.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Was it his family's RV? Or just a really big fan?

If I remember correctly, there was some kind of flap over having an active player on our U-Haul truck. I guess this RV is not advertising anything but the kid himself.
    I don't think so. We put pictures of our current players all over our season tickets, game programs, etc.... but at worst, we can just slap Terry Bradshaw's likeness on the side of an RV and keep going.

What I like about this is the MOBILITY. You could hit every little town in North Louisiana for a few days. For example, you could park a "Tech ticket bus" --or RV-- on the Homer square for a couple of days and see if people buy some tickets. Likewise, move the RV to Minden and Monroe, etc, park in the WalMart parking lot, and see if people buy more tickets.

Essentially, you're taking your product TO THE FANS, and making it very easy for them to purchase. With an RV bus, it's "top of mind". It's the talk of the town. It's impulse buying.

Of course, this is a totally different marketing posture than we've taken in the past. It's much more aggressive. But I love it.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 03-06-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

park in the WalMart parking lot, and see if people buy more tickets
    I think you're confusing tickets with crickets. The sound the same, but people at the walmarts want crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    I think you're confusing tickets with crickets. The sound the same, but people at the walmarts want crickets.
    Fine. Park outside the local country club too. That's the great thing about the "ticket RV"....it's mobile.

HD

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

It was his family from New Jersey. They followed him around the country with it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Monroe City Buses sell ad wraps around their buses.
    Runs about $9,000/yr., plus about $2,000 for the wrap job.
    Louisiana Tech University

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

This makes me wonder if LA TECH should set up a similar display in downtown Shreveport (and other areas too) to sell football season tickets leading up our the 2010 football season. People taking lunch breaks on Texas Street downtown might be interested. We should also spend a few days with a display like this on Barksdale AFB. And another in SOUTH Shreveport in one of the big shopping centers.

Sometimes good marketing is all about "timing" and "location".

HD
    Great idea. You may not even need to wrap a van. Just park and break out the displays, link into the internet to buy the tickets and a printer. Train a few students on how to push the product (what to say and what not to say) and it might be very inexpensive to run.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

+ Reply to Thread