+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Might YOUR Christian God be a Multitasker II......

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Might YOUR Christian God be a Multitasker II......

See my lead post......
    On the Multitasker I thread.

And if any dawg knows how to move that lead post, and the very few replies that actually addressed my lead post on the Mutitasker I post to this thread...... I'd appreciate it. :icon_wink:

Until later......

Cheers and goodnight.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Might YOUR Christian God be a Multitasker II......

Spinoza:

Before beginning this thread journey......
    Regarding what may actually be an original thought for Christians (and others)......
    (at least I have never seen it in print, or ever heard of it being ideated by anyone else previously)
    I would like to confirm what I presume to be some basic Christian beliefs regarding God...... And Man.
    I shall rely upon the many Christians (from a number of Christian sects) who frequent this message board to correct me if I should error while attempting to do so.

Basic Christian beliefs of all Christians, regardless of their preferred sect.
    GOD is ALL-POWERFUL, ALL-KNOWING, and INFINITE.
    GOD is the CREATOR of everything that exists, has ever existed, or will ever exist.
    GOD created MAN and gave every man the ability to know right and wrong.
    MAN is a finite being who can never KNOW or UNDERSTAND the "mind" of his INFINITE GOD.
    GOD is GOOD.
    GOD is JUST.

I shall now pause for a time......
    To allow any Christian the opportunity to challenge my assumptions regarding the above listed basic Christian beliefs.
    And after any such challenge(s), or any agreement, or an agreement by silence, I shall procede along my intended path.

I cannot imagine any Christian challenge that might hinder my continuation of this thread/thought...... But what do I know?
    And I cannot imagine any Cristian ever caring much about a possibly novel "thought" from whatever remains of my finite little grey cells...... But what the hay!
    At least no Christian will be able to accuse and convict me of allowing an idle mind to turn into a devil's workshop. :icon_wink:

Cheers.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

My thanks to Gus......
    For moving my prior lead Mutitasker post to this thread.

But since the other pertinent posts are not here, I shall have to fumble around a bit before proceeding to my intended topic.

I have already replied to Johnny's comments on the other thread.

Next......
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    My thanks to Gus......
    For moving my prior lead Mutitasker post to this thread.

But since the other pertinent posts are not here, I shall have to fumble around a bit before proceeding to my intended topic.

I have already replied to Johnny's comments on the other thread.

Next......
    Detltu's suggestion......
    To add the adverb FULLY to modify "know".

While I realize that FULLY is routinely employed as the preferred Christian catechism qualifier......
    FULLY implies that a finite man CAN actually "know and understand", WITH CERTAINTY, some portion (albeit a tiny portion perhaps, OR MORE?) of THE MIND OF HIS INFINITE GOD.

I could EASILY challenge the human logic involved......
    But since it will not matter for my thread purposes as anything more than a possible peripheral issue......
    I'll not concern myself with KNOW or FULLY KNOW unless it rears its fishy head in the barrel where I shall soon be shooting.

NEXT......

Detltu's suggestion......
    To add the adverb FULLY to modify "know".

While I realize that FULLY is routinely employed as the preferred Christian catechism qualifier......
    FULLY implies that a finite man CAN actually "know and understand", WITH CERTAINTY, some portion (albeit a tiny portion perhaps, OR MORE?) of THE MIND OF HIS INFINITE GOD.

I could EASILY challenge the human logic involved......
    But since it will not matter for my thread purposes as anything more than a possible peripheral issue......
    I'll not concern myself with KNOW or FULLY KNOW unless it rears its fishy head in the barrel where I shall soon be shooting.

NEXT......
    The IMPORTANT challenge......
    That PROVES a foolish error in my lead Multitasker post.

Post #4 from Westdawg......
    Does indeed PROVE that not ALL Christians/Christian Sects believe that "man is a finite being who can never KNOW and UNDERSTAND the mind of his infinite God".

How could I have been so naively STUPID......
    To have forgotten that there are vast numbers of christians who egocentrically and "righteously" P R E S U M E ...... To KNOW Christ, and be "SAVED", and be already "BORN AGAIN"!

ERGO......
    This thread is not for these "perfect" christians who already KNOW what we mere mortal men may only strive for, and hope to accomplish, during our brief moments on this tiny planet.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

I believe my efforts this evening have now addressed all of the comments aimed directly at my initial lead Multitasker missive.

If so......
    I shall proceed at my usual pace.

Cheers.

A possibly original idea from a finite mind......

Might it be possible that the Christian GOD is not only the GOD of Christians......
    But also THE GOD (or GODS) that are revered and worshiped by EVERY other religion?

And I am not referring only to the Trinity, Yahweh, Allah, and the pantheon of Hindu Gods......
    I am also including Zeus, Jupiter, and Odin...... And every other major and minor GOD who has ever awed mere man, and inspired ritual and/or religion.

And......
    I am also including THE GOD who is absent in atheism and agnosticism......
    And without any GOD burden through Buddism.

Try to imagine......
    The hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of gods, and all the many man-made religions throughout human history, from the cave to the cathedral......
    But only ONE GOD who created ALL the finite creatures involved......
    And only ONE GOD who created all the mystery that has motivated men to scurry about both madly and miraculously, through an intentionally confusing and challenging maze!

Consider all the theological "loose ends" that this thought might philosophically prune.
    Consider the ONE GOD PAX that this thought might finitely ferment and fertilize.
    Consider if ONE GOD might prefer "MULTITASKING" man!

That's enough for now......
    More to come.

Cheers.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me Spinoza, but I just noticed from the last four posts that you appear to be talking to yourself!

Might it be possible that the Christian GOD is not only the GOD of Christians......
    But also THE GOD (or GODS) that are revered and worshiped by EVERY other religion?

And I am not referring only to the Trinity, Yahweh, Allah, and the pantheon of Hindu Gods......
    I am also including Zeus, Jupiter, and Odin...... And every other major and minor GOD who has ever awed mere man, and inspired ritual and/or religion.

And......

Try to imagine......
    The hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of gods, and all the many man-made religions throughout human history, from the cave to the cathedral......
    And only ONE GOD who created all the mystery that has motivated men to scurry about both madly and miraculously, through an intentionally confusing and challenging maze!

Consider all the theological "loose ends" that this thought might philosophically prune.
    Consider the ONE GOD PAX that this thought might finitely ferment and fertilize.

More to come.

Cheers.
    BTW......
    And to satisfy my curiousity.

If any dawg has ever heard/read anything even remotely akin to my above FLAME......
    I would sincerely be interested in warming my aging little grey cells near any such hearth.

Cheers and goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Excuse me Spinoza, but I just noticed from the last four posts that you appear to be talking to yourself!
    Congratulations......
    You have found RESULTS!

You are excused!

Cheers.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations......
    You have found RESULTS!

You are excused!

Cheers.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

And......

Try to imagine......

More to come.

Cheers.
    It would seem that Pax is dishonest in his revelation to men. Allah and Yahweh are not the same entity as they've "revealed" themselves to their followers. That makes me question his omnibenevolence.

Now, if you say that all revelation is merely mortal conjecture and has not been communicated to men (they've made up the attributes...apart from the causal implications), then Pax sounds a lot like the impersonal god of deism.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

BTW......
    And to satisfy my curiousity.

If any dawg has ever heard/read anything even remotely akin to my above FLAME......
    I would sincerely be interested in warming my aging little grey cells near any such hearth.

Cheers and goodnight.

Nope, others beat you to it .... you probably read it elsewhere but can't recall when or in what publication.

....who can never KNOW and UNDERSTAND the mind of his infinite God".

Never is a pretty long time .... who can say for sure what the future holds if there is a part of us that does not die.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Now that may be a thought worth pondering .... at least for those who believe/think there is a possibility of a plan behind all this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Now, if you say that all revelation is merely mortal conjecture and has not been communicated to men (they've made up the attributes...apart from the causal implications), then Pax sounds a lot like the impersonal god of deism.
    Looks like it's just us on this one, Johnny......

Per what I am saying/suggesting/imagining/theorizing......
    It would not matter if "all revelation is merely mortal conjecture"......
    OR TRUE......
    Or "other"!

But given the fact that religion so frequently relies on "revelation"......
    The question remains......
    Might there be ONLY ONE GOD behind the ALL of the various curtains of man's PRESUMED finite OZ ignorance?

As for the 18th century fascination with the possibilities of deism......
    I am hypothesizing its diametric contradiction.

Cheers.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Looks like it's just us on this one, Johnny......

Per what I am saying/suggesting/imagining/theorizing......
    It would not matter if "all revelation is merely mortal conjecture"......
    OR TRUE......
    Or "other"!

But given the fact that religion so frequently relies on "revelation"......
    The question remains......
    Might there be ONLY ONE GOD behind the ALL of the various curtains of man's PRESUMED finite OZ ignorance?

As for the 18th century fascination with the possibilities of deism......
    I am hypothesizing its diametric contradiction.

Cheers.
    Given the parameters you set out from the beginning, I would say that it does matter whether "revelation" is mortal conjecture or not. See, if God is omnibenevolent, it would seem that dishonesty would be prohibited. If he is omniscient, it would seem as if he would know that his "multitasking" was going to lead to quite a bit of human suffering. I suppose I would need to know his reason for multitasking before I was able to pass judgment on whether or not he could be an omnibenevolent multitasker.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread