+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Might YOUR Christian God be a Multitasker II......

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Might YOUR Christian God be a Multitasker II......

I don't think any of Spin's arguments are "linear." Circular, some times, and indirect, almost always.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I don't think any of Spin's arguments are "linear." Circular, some times, and indirect, almost always.
    Actually, Gus......
    Your use of the word "arguments" may be somewhat misleading......
    Because I sincerely lack any keen interest in "persuading" others, or "proving" anything...... Even to the other mere mortals who may happen to "agree" with any of my admittedly limited subjective efforts.

Instead......
    I am more than content if I only occasionally stir some little grey cells......
    And cause any capable/interested mind to THINK "outside the boxes" of any "created" confinement.

An example......
    Many years ago Edward Albee wrote the play "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf".
    It was a stage success, and it was later made into a film success.
    For years, it was often a topic at dinner parties, cocktail parties and most any gathering where stimulated little grey cells happened to "intellectually" collide.
    What did it all mean?
    What was Albee's intent/meaning/message?
    Hardly a ego flattered fool (including myself) was hesitant to offer their best boast regarding a solution for this seemingly mutifaceted mystery.
    And through it all...... Albee remained silent!
    UNTIL......
    Years later when Albee was exiting a theater one night, and a reporter (who evidently had nothing better to do) took a shot and yelled out, what's Virginia Woolf about?
    Reportedly Albee walked over to this fellow and quite simply explained it was about NOTHING. And that his intent was merely to try make its audience THINK!

Whether or not the tale of this Albee declaration is true...... Matters not!
    When I read about it my youth......
    I created a "box" for my personal confinement, within which THINKING could never again honor any parameter of poppycock.

And subsequently, Gus......
    I have opted to employ any rhetorician skills I may or may not possess to inspire both myself and others to THINK!!!!!
    And I care not a fig if my efforts are linear, circular, direct, indirect, humanistic, hedonistic, Hellinistic, logical or lame.

Whenever ANYTHING in a seemingly pleasing stream of thought tempts me to taste its alluring waters...... I may sip it or gulp it, or warily wade through it, or delightfully dive into it...... For a few to many many moments.
    But before I may opt to float serenely downstream in any manner, I must struggle upstream to learn all I am able to reasonably conclude regarding its source.

I would like to believe that anyone who may be momentarily tempted by any of my rhetoric...... Will be equally curious and discerning regarding my methods!

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

33 and a :icon_wink:......!
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post

Where have you been, Mr. Spin?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Where have you been, Mr. Spin?
    Like Willie......
    I've been On The Road Again.
    My wife's health has improved sufficiently to allow us to travel a bit.
    Thanks for asking.

Cheers.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Like Willie......
    Thanks for asking.

Cheers.
    Good to hear. Safe travels.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

33 plus 1 = 34......
    And that's more than enough thread silence for me.

So unless anyone has any interesting on topic comments to add......
    I officially declare this thread DEAD.

My mistake......
    I truly thought that my novel notions would meet with something akin to some healthy believer/believe not challenge.

C'est la vie!

Cheers.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Like Willie......
    Thanks for asking.

Cheers.
    I'm glad she is better and sorry she hasn't been well. I'm glad you are back!

+ Reply to Thread