+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: La. Tech coordinator brings simple' offense - Shreveport Times

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

La. Tech coordinator brings simple' offense - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

When Louisiana Tech kicks off spring training on March 17, new offensive coordinator Tony Franklin doesn't expect it to take too long to get his system installed.

More...

Discuss the article here.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Re: La. Tech coordinator brings simple' offense - Shreveport Times

I hope he's right.
    We've got to hit the ground running with these scheme changes.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

The man gets it:

"We just try to get the football in the hands of our good players."

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    The man gets it:

"We just try to get the football in the hands of our good players."
    Dooley said the exact same thing.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: La. Tech coordinator brings simple' offense - Shreveport Times

I'm convinced that this is a guy that the players can really relate to, and understand! You gotta love it!!!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

We ran his offense at Minden High in 08.

Beyond simple.

Almost scary simple. Like, halftime adjustments by the other team could shut us down, simple.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post

Beyond simple.

Almost scary simple. Like, halftime adjustments by the other team could shut us down, simple.
    I don't like the sound of that.

Then again, remember Charlie Weis was gonna outscheme everyone else and we saw how well that worked.

Is this gonna be a plain vanilla offense?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Like, halftime adjustments by the other team could shut us down, simple.
    No problem -- let's just put up 60 in the first half. You know what they say..."halftime adjustments are overrated!"

I think we'll be fine. The simplicity will be a good think as we make a transition. As we (the team) can handle complexity, I'm sure wrinkles will be added.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Lots of double slants, floods, hitches.. It's more about routes than concepts.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Based upon what I saw at Texas Tech, it's about routes, mismatches, and timing.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Conceptually I like elements of this approach. It constantly presses a defense and one breakdown can result in a big play. But I have considerable concern regarding the running game, particularly in the red zone, despite the assurances that we hear. I believe Franklin will have, at least initially, complete and unfettered authority to run the offense and I am concerned about his ability to adjust to defenses that are not overwhelmed by what we "throw" at them.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Conceptually I like elements of this approach. It constantly presses a defense and one breakdown can result in a big play. But I have considerable concern regarding the running game, particularly in the red zone, despite the assurances that we hear. I believe Franklin will have, at least initially, complete and unfettered authority to run the offense and I am concerned about his ability to adjust to defenses that are not overwhelmed by what we "throw" at them.
    I also think we'll struggle in the redzone. I hope I'm wrong.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Hopefully SD can work this problem out. We've got too much personnel to not be able to run the ball in the red zone.

I'm much more impressed with SD as an offensive mind than Franklin. I hope that TF uses this as an opportunity to improve his system.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Beyond simple.

Dykes said that they only ran 23 plays at Arizona and Tx Tech. They worked because the opposing defense spends 1 week preparing for it while our team spends most of the year fine tuning it.

Hawaii's offense wasn't terribly complicated but June Jones makes it work everywhere he goes.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

That's why we're running it. Make the defense spend a lot of time preparing for us and make them defend the entire field. If we breakdown in the red zone it won't be the first, but at least we're sniffing the goal line instead of punting.

+ Reply to Thread