+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: La. Tech coordinator brings simple' offense - Shreveport Times

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: La. Tech coordinator brings simple' offense - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    We ran his offense at Minden High in 08.

Beyond simple.

Almost scary simple. Like, halftime adjustments by the other team could shut us down, simple.
    It's called execution. Some are good at it and some are not.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

You can run the ball very effectively out of the spread. Even in the red-zone. Again, like the article says the spread doesn't mean passing the ball. It is a formation. West Virginia is a running team out of the spread. They don't have red zone problems. I think we are going to be running a lot more than many of us think. I think we are going to be very balanced. Franklin and Dykes have continuously said they are going to build the offense around our strengths. We'll be fine. I couldn't stand watching our offense the last couple of years. It was like watching something from the SEC in the early 80's. I am very excited for the change but I think many people are invisioning Crowton part II and I don't see that happening.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I don't care how we do it, but I want to start scoring like we did in the Crowton years. Who knows what the GC offenses could've looked like with a GATA defense to support the O?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You can run the ball very effectively out of the spread. Even in the red-zone. Again, like the article says the spread doesn't mean passing the ball. It is a formation. West Virginia is a running team out of the spread. They don't have red zone problems. I think we are going to be running a lot more than many of us think. I think we are going to be very balanced. Franklin and Dykes have continuously said they are going to build the offense around our strengths. We'll be fine. I couldn't stand watching our offense the last couple of years. It was like watching something from the SEC in the early 80's. I am very excited for the change but I think many people are invisioning Crowton part II and I don't see that happening.
    Good post 13!! SD ran almost as much as he passed at Arizona. As you said this is a formation that opens up the field. It works best with a good passing game. Add good backs to take advantage of the spaces created, its heaven. I just don't want to always be in the position of who has the ball last wins the track meet.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Right about the possibility of our running attack. That is why I think if Creer gets his head on straight, he could rush for 1500+ yards each year while he is here. If you spread out the defense, and can somewhat block a little, Creer should have a lot of running room. It would not surprise me to see him average 7-8 yards a carry in that case.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    I just don't want to always be in the position of who has the ball last wins the track meet.
    the answer for that is GATA.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

The two soph RB's we have coming back call run the ball pretty well too

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Right about the possibility of our running attack. That is why I think if Creer gets his head on straight, he could rush for 1500+ yards each year while he is here. If you spread out the defense, and can somewhat block a little, Creer should have a lot of running room. It would not surprise me to see him average 7-8 yards a carry in that case.
    Heck, some of our backs avg. 5-6 yrds per game in dooley's offense. Should be fun to watch.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    It's called execution. Some are good at it and some are not.
    THeir was a great quote about execution from Coach John Mckay I believe, when asked by the Tampa Bay press about th teams excution that day in their horrible early days he replied hell yes they ought to be executed! or something like that. When I see team execution I always think of that and laugh

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    THeir was a great quote about execution from Coach John Mckay I believe, when asked by the Tampa Bay press about th teams excution that day in their horrible early days he replied hell yes they ought to be executed! or something like that. When I see team execution I always think of that and laugh
    "Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"

"I'm in favor of it."
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Lots of double slants, floods, hitches.. It's more about routes than concepts.
    Wow... we haven't heard that term used in Ruston for almost 10 years...

THANKS DAWG DUDE!!!!!!!!

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Hawaii's offense wasn't terribly complicated but June Jones makes it work everywhere he goes.
    He certainly does - very good point

By the way, SMU is on my wish list - I can't wait til we get the Mustangs in our sights

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Hawaii's offense wasn't terribly complicated but June Jones makes it work everywhere he goes.
    When June Jones had a veteran QB and veteran WR's the O was impossible to stop. If either was not sure about the reads and routes, it downgraded to "good".

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    When June Jones had a veteran QB and veteran WR's the O was impossible to stop. If either was not sure about the reads and routes, it downgraded to "good".
    Georgia had no problem with Hawaii's O.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Sounds exciting.

+ Reply to Thread