148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 38.51%
  • No

91 61.49%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of the helmet stripe?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Get rid of the helmet stripe?

Quote Originally Posted by Bain View Post
    back to Red uniforms for home games! I just like the old school uniforms better.
    Blue is older school.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/fil...3e0a2d74e2.jpg

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

While we're at it, why don't we remove the outline of the state T since that came under Dooley too.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

We only had the stripe for two years. There is no tradition attached to it unless you go back to 1967 and before when they had the stripe but no state T. I'm ok with the blue jerseys because they have been around so long now, but I also liked the red (with no shoulder stripes) like in the Terry Bradshaw era. I was looking at some old photos in the 1968 yearbook (1967 season) and saw some red jerseys with blue shoulder stripes. There were also some black and white photos that looked to have white jerseys with two re shoulder stripes with a blue one between the two reds but you really couldn't tell. Since they were away jerseys I don't ever remember seeing them.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bain View Post
    I say NO to the stripe and back to Red uniforms for home games! I just like the old school uniforms better.
    just when Tech home games are beginning to look like a sea of one color (blue) i dont think fans can make the switch! most of us already have 10-15 blue shirts to choose from on game days, we dont need another choice!

although the hawaii game red out (which was a HUGE sucess). but fans seemed confused for the rest of the season as to what color to wear to home games!

I LIKE BLUE!(imo)

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Stripe is just good looking. I don't like the look of the helmets with no stripe. Tradition has nothing to do with it, and I think it's just cool.

Varsity Bulldog bsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the rough

I am very fond of the racing stripe I voted keep it.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Keep it. Move on.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Leave the stripe, it looks good IMHO. And I think we need to get Under Armour uni's. They would be awesome but I'm sure we have some kinda contract with Nike and UA uni's would probably be expensive.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Home Uniform: KEEP IT TRUE. KEEP IT BLUE. I still like the white jersey/blue pants of our early-2000's away games. LOOKED GOOD.

And i don't give a rip about the racing stripe. Matters not to this Dawg.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    Leave the stripe, it looks good IMHO. And I think we need to get Under Armour uni's. They would be awesome but I'm sure we have some kinda contract with Nike and UA uni's would probably be expensive.
    I would like to see UA. They appear to be more agressive in marketing the relationship with UA schools. I don't think Nike gives two &%$# about Tech. There's not alot of nike apparel and they don't even have authentic jerseys for sale. Would love to see protect this house at JAS.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I want to see us in the all blue uniforms.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I want to see us in the all blue uniforms.

Those were good times.

Does anybody know if EA Sports consults the University when it comes to the uni's on the NCAA games? Having the red jersey as an alternate option would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    If it were UA vs. Ridell, i would say that UA was more expensive; but, I dont see UA being that much more expensive than Nike. I could be wrong though.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I voted to get rid of it, but you know what? I really don't care! Just Win!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread