148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 38.51%
  • No

91 61.49%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of the helmet stripe?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Get rid of the helmet stripe?

The stripe looks bad. It breaks the helmet up and makes the helmet too busy. It's very thin and weak looking. Our helmets looked a lot better before.

This thread has nothing to do with all of the other crap that has been brought up. It's about the stripe. I don't see how the branding of Tech is a good defense for the stripe. Unrelated. The best defense for it was when some of you said you just liked it. Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    The stripe looks bad. It breaks the helmet up and makes the helmet too busy. It's very thin and weak looking. Our helmets looked a lot better before.

This thread has nothing to do with all of the other crap that has been brought up. It's about the stripe. I don't see how the branding of Tech is a good defense for the stripe. Unrelated. The best defense for it was when some of you said you just liked it. Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Maybe we can get an orange pin stripe down the middle of the "Dooley Stripe" so everyone can hold on to their memories. Maybe a Dooley blue ball too.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post

I disagree, the stripe doesn't make the helmet look busy.

Do you think the same thing about the Saints helmet?

How about the Steelers and Colts?

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    just when tech home games are beginning to look like a sea of one color (blue) i dont think fans can make the switch! Most of us already have 10-15 blue shirts to choose from on game days, we dont need another choice!

although the hawaii game red out (which was a huge sucess). but fans seemed confused for the rest of the season as to what color to wear to home games!

i like blue!(imo)

Same here. That SEA OF BLUE is incredible!!

And I like the stripe. Distinctive university, distinctive look!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I disagree, the stripe doesn't make the helmet look busy.

Do you think the same thing about the Saints helmet?

How about the Steelers and Colts?

I disagree. It does make it look busy. No I like it on the Saints helmet although I will add that the Saints stripe it isn't remotely similar to ours. It's much stronger and bolder looking.

I have always hated the Colts helmet. Very lame. But that's beside the point. I couldn't care less about whether the Steelers have a stripe. I am a Bulldog not a Steeler or Colt. (I'm not a Saints fan but mama says I am a Saint :icon_wink

When I say what I say about OUR stripe on OUR helmet it isn't me saying I hate ALL stripes. I hate ours. Our helmet looked better the way it was.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I think the stripe adds to the classic look of our uniform. Either way, it doesn't bother me if we go with or without stripe.

Below are teams with the single stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I want to see us in the all blue uniforms.

Best uniform, and helmet, of all time. Thanks for the pic.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

I like the stripe.

I think this thread has unearthed a deeper issue than the stripe. There are always going to be issues when it comes to the push and pull of progress vs tradition.

I think that the State T carries the biggest load as far as tradition. It's been on there for a very long time, and even with recent updates to the logo, it's still one of the most distinctly traditional helmet logos in CFB. I think that the stripe balances the logo with a slightly more modern look. While I value Tech's decorated football past, there has never been any time like the present- we need to make sure that our program has a modern enough look to keep it marketable.

Qng, have you ever seen an outfit or color that looked good on someone but not on someone else? I think the stripe looks crappy on OUR helmet. just ecause it looks nice on other teams doesn't automatically mean it looks good on every uniform. I love it on some of those pics but not on others.

BTW- Penn St. uni's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    I like the stripe.

I think this thread has unearthed a deeper issue than the stripe. There are always going to be issues when it comes to the push and pull of progress vs tradition.

I think that the State T carries the biggest load as far as tradition. It's been on there for a very long time, and even with recent updates to the logo, it's still one of the most distinctly traditional helmet logos in CFB. I think that the stripe balances the logo with a slightly more modern look. While I value Tech's decorated football past, there has never been any time like the present- we need to make sure that our program has a modern enough look to keep it marketable.
    Thats funny because I think the stripe is MUCH more classic and far, very far from modern looking. The stripe going down the middle of the helmet is ancient. Again, just for you QNG, it doesn't mean it is bad. But it isn't a modern look.

Agree with your comments on the State T though.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Leave the stripe. I like how it breaks up the red.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    We only had the stripe for two years. There is no tradition attached to it unless you go back to 1967 and before when they had the stripe but no state T.
    I want to say either A.L. or Brewer had stripes. (A.L. loved playing with Tech uniform traditions)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I would like to see UA. They appear to be more agressive in marketing the relationship with UA schools. I don't think Nike gives two &%$# about Tech. There's not alot of nike apparel and they don't even have authentic jerseys for sale. Would love to see protect this house at JAS.

There was a communique from NIKE to DD after the Hawaii about how "we" beat the UA guys.

Oh, do we have to rename Dawgzilla cuz J.T. went to T with DD?

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog FWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her game

Love the stripe!

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I voted to keep it.
    You know, we made some serious strides under Coach Dooley. Facilities improvements under way...Apparrel deal with Nike....steps to establish the La Tech brand and market it better in our region.

I don't think we should start back-peddling just because he left for greener pastures.

I'm thankful for the strides taken under Dooley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    I voted to keep it.
    You know, we made some serious strides under Coach Dooley. Facilities improvements under way...Apparrel deal with Nike....steps to establish the La Tech brand and market it better in our region.

I don't think we should start back-peddling just because he left for greener pastures.

I'm thankful for the strides taken under Dooley.

Me too. I love the kick in the ass Dooley gave our program. But the stripe insn't a stride forward. It's a small helmet decail. It's a matter of opinion and taste not progress.

+ Reply to Thread