+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Grilling

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Grilling

It's that time of the year again, so I'm starting this thread and inviting everyone to post about your grilling experiences (good and bad), favorite recipes, and anything sorta different you try. Please provide pics if possible.

I have some new (for me) things that I want to try over charcoal, but I just got my new fish fryer today and will need some time to break that in first.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Grilling

I sure hope somebody has some cheese smokin' pics.

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Here is something I have done before. It is called a "fatty." You get some jimmy dean sausage and roll it out into a square. Put some seasoning in it, cheese, onions, bellpeppers, whatever you want. Then roll it up so it looks like a cylinder. Then wrap it up in bacon!!Just overlap the bacon until it is complete from end to end. Put tooth picks in the bacon to help make it stay together. Put on the grill until its about 165 then just cut it in to sausage pieces. It makes one hell of a sausage type biscuit. Yummm yummm.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Really simple and I'm sure a lot of people have done it. But I love to make lots of small incisions in my steaks and stick fresh sliced garlic in the slots before throwing it on the grill.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Really simple and I'm sure a lot of people have done it. But I love to make lots of small incisions in my steaks and stick fresh sliced garlic in the slots before throwing it on the grill.
    i hope you're doing that with a sirloin or new york strip. that would be sacrilege if you did it with a ribeye or filet, but it might make a sirloin worth eating.

i love to grill ribeyes, and i keep it simple. get the coals really hot and close to the grate. then cover both sides of the steaks with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne. rub it in good and throw it on until each side is charred. should wind up about medium rare. the perfect steak.

then if you want to get fancy, toss some quartered zucchini in olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. then throw them on the grill while the steaks rest. sweet squashy goodness.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    It's that time of the year again, so I'm starting this thread and inviting everyone to post about your grilling experiences (good and bad), favorite recipes, and anything sorta different you try. Please provide pics if possible.

I have some new (for me) things that I want to try over charcoal, but I just got my new fish fryer today and will need some time to break that in first.
    i'm confused. what time of year is it? the time of year that you can still have a little bit of daylight to see by when you grill for supper? hardly a week goes by that my grill doesn't see at least a little bit of action, year 'round. there's just something about actual flames that makes meat taste right.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i'm confused. what time of year is it? the time of year that you can still have a little bit of daylight to see by when you grill for supper?
    Yeah, you know, that Spring Forward time when you're not outside in the dark freezing your arse off.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I sure hope somebody has some cheese smokin' pics.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

My marinade of choice for a nice juicy ribeye is Hot and Spicy Allegro.. gives it just enough of a kick, and the flavor of Allegro is all I need.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

i hope you're doing that with a sirloin or new york strip. that would be sacrilege if you did it with a ribeye or filet, but it might make a sirloin worth eating.

i love to grill ribeyes, and i keep it simple. get the coals really hot and close to the grate. then cover both sides of the steaks with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne. rub it in good and throw it on until each side is charred. should wind up about medium rare. the perfect steak.

then if you want to get fancy, toss some quartered zucchini in olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. then throw them on the grill while the steaks rest. sweet squashy goodness.

Take the above bolded ingredients and place in foil with about 2-3 good handfulls of shredded parmesan cheese. Fold all this up in the foil and grill until squash is cooked and cheese is melted and bubbly. Add a dash or two of soy before if you prefer. I sell quite a few of these parmesan zuchini boats to hunters/campers on the weekends.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

do you get them from Perry's?
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Take the above bolded ingredients and place in foil with about 2-3 good handfulls of shredded parmesan cheese. Fold all this up in the foil and grill until squash is cooked and cheese is melted and bubbly. Add a dash or two of soy before if you prefer. I sell quite a few of these parmesan zuchini boats to hunters/campers on the weekends.
    i will have to try that. sounds really good.

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    do you get them from Perry's?
    no. every time i've been in there, i thought to myself that i need to come back and buy some meat some time, but i never have. got some usda prime from h.e.b. a couple of months ago and it was soooo nice. i can't afford stuff that good every time i grill.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

i will have to try that. sounds really good.

no. every time i've been in there, i thought to myself that i need to come back and buy some meat some time, but i never have. got some usda prime from h.e.b. a couple of months ago and it was soooo nice. i can't afford stuff that good every time i grill.
    Perry's has some great steaks. They'll cut them however thick you want them. When my brother-in-law comes in town I go buy some 2+" thick ribeyes and grill them over charcoal.

Hmmmm. Might need to do that this weekend.
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Smoked Yoohoo's?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Smoked Yoohoo's?
    . . . naw, I think that's Claiborne Parish hot chocolate for those cold spring evenings beside the grill.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread