+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Grilling

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    . . . naw, I think that's Claiborne Parish hot chocolate for those cold spring evenings beside the grill.
    Speaking of Claiborne Parish, on Thursday my gps directed me through old "downtown" Athens and onto Backwoods Road when I went to fetch my new fish fryer. I thought for sure the gadget had me lost when I got onto Backwoods Road and it turned into one lane and the paving went away.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Speaking of Claiborne Parish, on Thursday my gps directed me through old "downtown" Athens and onto Backwoods Road when I went to fetch my new fish fryer. I thought for sure the gadget had me lost when I got onto Backwoods Road and it turned into one lane and the paving went away.
    Backwoods is a good road -

Now if you would have had to go down Coon Hollow or Cupps Crossing then you would have really been in the sticks
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone ever grill deer hamburgers? I have a hard time keeping them together. I don't want to add fat, and I don't want to add beef. I have tried adding an egg to them (1 egg for 1 pound) but it does not seem to do much for keeping them together. Are there any other ideas?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westdawg View Post
    Does anyone ever grill deer hamburgers? I have a hard time keeping them together. I don't want to add fat, and I don't want to add beef. I have tried adding an egg to them (1 egg for 1 pound) but it does not seem to do much for keeping them together. Are there any other ideas?
    You have to make the pattties thin, spray the patties with oil, and use a super-hot grill...only flip once.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    You have to make the pattties thin, spray the patties with oil, and use a super-hot grill...only flip once.
    That's pretty much what I have found to work best. I love to add BBQ sauce to the hamburger meat before making the patties, but with deer meat it makes it impossible to work with.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

My old roommate use to cut up chicken breasts to bite size pieces, and dump some honey on them along with some tony's and let them soak up the honey overnight in the frige. Then wrap bacon around these little guys and hold together with toothpicks and throw them on the grill. Cover with your fav. bbq sauce and it is great.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Ok, so I'm planning on doing a drunk chicken tomorrow afternoon. Anyone have any ideas for a spice rub? Does it really matter which beer I use? My dad has done a few before and he has just used plain 'ol Bud Light.

I will be using a 22" Weber charcoal grill if that makes a difference.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I just used Toney Cacheres and Garlic Powder mixed at 3/4 Toey C's to 1/4 Garlic Powder and rub in very liberally.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Bread crumbs maybe. I can't imagine being able to keep ground venison together w/out some fat content. I always mix 1lb of ground beef w/ 1lb of deer burger (fat added at processor) along with 1 package of onion soup mix. The burgers are still VERY lean.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I just used Toney Cacheres and Garlic Powder mixed at 3/4 Toey C's to 1/4 Garlic Powder and rub in very liberally.
    Yeah, I was going to keep it pretty basic. What about the beer? Does it make much of a difference in which beer I use?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Yeah, I was going to keep it pretty basic. What about the beer? Does it make much of a difference in which beer I use?
    Cheaper the better, you are cooking with it

:icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Spray the outside of the can with pam or the like to make sure the chicken doesn't stick. Also, if you drink some of the beer first, you can add a few extra holes in the top of the can to improve vaporization. Legs go down on the grill to help balance the can. You can put some worchestershire or liquid smoke in the beer (after you drink your part) if you like.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

32 Crew needs BIG chickens in order to properly utilize this method

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    32 Crew needs BIG chickens in order to properly utilize this method
    Y'all could use turkeys.

This thread inspired me to bring home a good ole classic Weber home with me from Wally World.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

What everyone else said and I use crushed up Saltines, CheeseNips, or bread. This helps out big time.

+ Reply to Thread