+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I couldn't post

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't post

When Magnum went down, it destroyed all our team chemistry - everything - we had no weapons, because everything was out of sinc. I see some are blaming Rupp. I do think it is Rupp's fault that we have such a lack of bench, but the game wasn't his fault. Magnum going down hurt us physically and emotionally just ruined us. I was so sick at my stomach watching that i couldn't post a thing. It was horrible.

I am not going to do the old optimistic thing and try to see the bright side right now, but I do want to thank our players for a fun ride this year. I wish all the seniors the best and hope we can build on this year with a star next year (make that several stars - in case something happens).

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I couldn't post

I was a little shocked to see so many down on Rupp and some praising Richard this morning, though.... Wow! We have a great coach, we just need more depth. Richard was NOT the answer and I am glad he is not the coach still.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    When Magnum went down, it destroyed all our team chemistry - everything - we had no weapons, because everything was out of sinc. I see some are blaming Rupp. I do think it is Rupp's fault that we have such a lack of bench, but the game wasn't his fault. Magnum going down hurt us physically and emotionally just ruined us. I was so sick at my stomach watching that i couldn't post a thing. It was horrible.

I am not going to do the old optimistic thing and try to see the bright side right now, but I do want to thank our players for a fun ride this year. I wish all the seniors the best and hope we can build on this year with a star next year (make that several stars - in case something happens).

Good post. Magnum down and Gibson very limited when you only have about 5 guys can kill any team. Forces everyone to play out of their norm and get out of sync as you stated.

I saw more mental issues on court with some players than coaching and hope returning guys get better and newcomers do well. This year's team was one I thought was pieced together quickly to get to respectability and winning record while trying to gradually build with a good HS recruit each year in building to a more longer term winning program. Next year may not win 20 before tourney, but really wanting to watch new guys coming in and next fall's HS recruiting to see more of stability for future. I don't know Rupp from squat, but need to see another couple years and I don't necessarily mean NCAA bid to evaluate him more fully overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Good post. Magnum down and Gibson very limited when you only have about 5 guys can kill any team. Forces everyone to play out of their norm and get out of sync as you stated.

I saw more mental issues on court with some players than coaching and hope returning guys get better and newcomers do well. This year's team was one I thought was pieced together quickly to get to respectability and winning record while trying to gradually build with a good HS recruit each year in building to a more longer term winning program. Next year may not win 20 before tourney, but really wanting to watch new guys coming in and next fall's HS recruiting to see more of stability for future. I don't know Rupp from squat, but need to see another couple years and I don't necessarily mean NCAA bid to evaluate him more fully overall.
    I agree.......

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post

Good post.

It's been since the early 90's since we've won OVER 20 games and Kerry Rupp did this in his 2nd year of playing with his own recruits. His first year he had to play with the players remaining from Richard's roster and Richard's early season signees. Remenber, Coach Richard's team won 10 games his last season and lost 6 JC transfers who had completed their eligibility. Coach Rupp won only 6 games his first year and most of us thought he did an outstanding job of getting the best out of the players.

Now after 2 years of having his own recruits, we are sitting on 23 wins. Most of us are disappointed that we didn't do even better. The coach is easiest to blame. For me, I decided when he was first hired I would give him 4 years to establish his program and I see no reason to depart from that after a 23 win season. IMO, any calls for his dismissal are premature and, at this point, clearly not warranted.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Good post.

It's been since the early 90's since we've won OVER 20 games and Kerry Rupp did this in his 2nd year of playing with his own recruits. His first year he had to play with the players remaining from Richard's roster and Richard's early season signees. Remenber, Coach Richard's team won 10 games his last season and lost 6 JC transfers who had completed their eligibility. Coach Rupp won only 6 games his first year and most of us thought he did an outstanding job of getting the best out of the players.

Now after 2 years of having his own recruits, we are sitting on 23 wins. Most of us are disappointed that we didn't do even better. The coach is easiest to blame. For me, I decided when he was first hired I would give him 4 years to establish his program and I see no reason to depart from that after a 23 win season. IMO, any calls for his dismissal are premature and, at this point, clearly not warranted.
    Mediocrity is as mediocritsy does.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Good post.

It is always easy to blame the coach. Especially in Basketball. Coach Rupp is trying to build a reputable and winning program. That is really tough. You can find players, but will they stay out of trouble? There are alot of programs that will sell out thier reputation to win.

I prefer that he build a competitive program with a very good reputation than a winning program with thugs. I do not want Tech in the headlines every week because a player got into trouble yet again.

Give Rupp time. Next year ought to be interesting. Hopefully we can pick some additional kids at signing day.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

REALLY dismiss a coach for winning 23 games, I am looking and I can't find any logic in that mode of thinking. That makes about as much sense as letting a coach get away from you because she wanted an additional year on a contract.

Neither of those scenarios would show very good judgement from administration now would it.

Congratulations to The DAWGS on a successful season and lets look to the future of great things to come.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Mediocrity is as mediocritsy does.
    Whatever!

I think we are seeing "morning after" posts and I can't take anyone serious wanting to dismiss a 23 win coach. That is pretty ridiculous. I will say that he need to work hard in getting us a great starting five AND a bench that he plays.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I was a little shocked to see so many down on Rupp and some praising Richard this morning, though.... Wow! We have a great coach, we just need more depth. Richard was NOT the answer and I am glad he is not the coach still.
    Rupp needs to build a team that's not so darn fragile psychologically. These guys are worse than a bunch of 8th grade drama queens. Just because one player goes down, it doesn't mean the rest of the team is authorized to lay down like a bunch of sheep.

This team QUIT. I don't know why....but a 30-point loss to a team we absolutely destroyed in Ruston in early January is a sure sign that they quit. That's on Rupp.

HD

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Good post.

It's been since the early 90's since we've won OVER 20 games and Kerry Rupp did this in his 2nd year of playing with his own recruits.
    Come on Ho-Do that's BS and you know it everyone inherits everyone else's players and someone will inherit Rupp's sooner or later -

Like it or not we won

21 in 1999-2000
    22 in 2001-2002 - NIT
    20 in 2005-2006 - NIT

You have to win - next year will be the 4th year and he has exactly 1 winning season and exactly ONE scholarship highschool player who will have more than one full year of playing experience -

That is on RUPP and no one else -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Come on Ho-Do that's BS and you know it everyone inherits everyone else's players and someone will inherit Rupp's sooner or later -

Like it or not we won

21 in 1999-2000
    22 in 2001-2002 - NIT
    20 in 2005-2006 - NIT

You have to win - next year will be the 4th year and he has exactly 1 winning season and exactly ONE scholarship highschool player who will have more than one full year of playing experience -

That is on RUPP and no one else -
    Really? Brandon Gibson's injury is Rupp's fault? And please explain how grade issues are Rupp's fault.

Also next year will be his 4th year but only his 3rd class he recruited. I assume HoDo meant he would give him 4 recruiting classes.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Really? Brandon Gibson's injury is Rupp's fault? And please explain how grade issues are Rupp's fault.

Also next year will be his 4th year but only his 3rd class he recruited. I assume HoDo meant he would give him 4 recruiting classes.
    I'll give you Gibson - that makes a whopping two from a how many signing periods?

Yes - if you recruit the kids, if you sign the kids and they don't make it the responsibilty falls square;y on his shoulders and his alone it is HIS PROGRAM - or any other coach's for that matter (regardless of sport)
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

I think we are seeing "morning after" posts and I can't take anyone serious wanting to dismiss a 23 win coach. That is pretty ridiculous. I will say that he need to work hard in getting us a great starting five AND a bench that he plays.
    I think the following is why you hear so much "hate" on Rupp today:

1) This per his bio on latechsports.com: "Rupp has also developed a reputation as one of the top recruiters in college basketball today and continues to build Louisiana Tech basketball back to prominence"
    Not seeing it. Recruiting JUCOS, that cant decide if they ever want to step foot on Louisiana Techs campus is not building for the future and certainly not bringing Louisiana Tech back to prominence anytime soon. Until we recruit HS players that are serious about getting an education and playing basketball, we are in trouble.

2) His recruits or not, they are HIS wins and losses. Say all you want about turning a program around and winning 23 games, lets face the hard facts, we have been REALLY bad, and honestly NONE of "Rupps Players" developed like we thought they should, they were all constantly playing catchup, developing a year later than they should have. I think most are willing to give him a pass for four years, but the stats dont look good:
    07-08: 6-23 (There was only one way to go from here, it could not get much worse)
    08-09: 14-17
    09-10: 23-10
    Total: 43-50
    10-11: Losing 4 of 5 starters and NO depth is hardly a reason to be optimistic about next year. We could very easily have a repeat of 08-09, and that would give Rupp a record of 57-67, hardly returning Tech to prominence.

3) Two Games from this year stand out:
    December 12 OT win against a VERY bad Centenary
    March 12 Loss aginst Utah State by 30! The same Utah State team we beat by 22 in Jaunary. Please, I dont want to hear, "we were not banged up", "we had fresh legs", "we had KG and Magnum". If Rupp had focused on getting some depth, none of those would have been issues.

All this said, I am willing to give Rupp the benefit of the doubt through next year, but if we have a sub .500 year, I am done. We have to move forward. I am just not convinced that recruiting JUCOS will get it done. Additionally, If he is known as one of the top recruiters in the nation, why are we not going after HS kids?

+ Reply to Thread