+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I couldn't post

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: I couldn't post

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    Write your congressmen and DR, Demand we be given the authority to charge a student athletic fee.
    That would State Senators and State Representatives...

Our Congressmen have no say so in the student fee issue
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Your right, Misspoken, nevertheless do it and get everybody you know to do it. It is the fastest way to add a couple of million to the budget!!!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And if Rupp would have been required to play 4 or 5 guarantee games OOC like those teams were we would have NEVER won 23 this year -

Agreed?

In 1999 we played a grand total of 28 games went 19-9, won the SBC regular championship and went to the semi-finals of the conference tourney and still on played 28 games -

Uneven playing field where OOC play was concerned, very uneven

Rupp is not required to have $150,000 in guarantee money before he is allowed to schedule a home OOC game - Richard was REQUIRED to do that until the day he left - take way 3-5 games against a 227 SOS and then we will talk
    I agree that our early season record would not have been as good had we played stronger teams early in the season. However, I have a theory that our end of season results would have been even better had we suffered more adversity early in the season. Stick with me now as I explain.

Had we played Kentucky and Kansas rather than the 2 UTPA games and Syracuse rather than Centenary, we would have 3 OOC losses. Had we played Arizona after these three losses we would have played better and might have even won that game. However, let's assume we would have lost all 5 games to the "big" teams.

My theory is that our 17-2 start convinced our players that we could win all games on talent alone without following the game plan, without team play, without protecting the ball, etc. When we got to the meat of our conference schedule, they continued to believe we could win on talent and never bought into team play. Had we lost 5 OOC games the results of the last 9 conference games could have been much better. We could have picked up 3+ wins in the last 9 conference games just by playing better team ball and this would have made our overall record the same or better. Our SOS would have also been much better. Our chances for an at-large or NIT bid would have been better.

I still believe we had the talent to finish 1st or 2nd in the conference regular season. We failed to get the most out of our talent this year. I'm not convinced that the problem with our end of season record was a coaching problem.

The people who are calling for Coach Rupp's dismissal are very concerned about the future. That is normal. I'm always concerned about the future of TECH basketball. I think how will we ever replace ___________? but when the next season begins the new faces provide me with new hope. Sometimes my hopes are realized but most of the time not.

I believe we should give any coach a minimum of 4 years to build his program. As you know, I am willing to speak out when I believe a coaching change is needed. Right now I think calls for Coach Rupp's dismissal are premature and not supported by the evidence. In fact, I believe he is a good coach and good recruiter and this will soon be established.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish we had played Kentucky, Kansas, and Syracuse early in the year. I think we would all be happier now because I think our conference record would have been better.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish we had played Kentucky, Kansas, and Syracuse early in the year. I think we would all be happier now because I think our conference record would have been better.
    No -

We would have been 19-14 and 5th or 6th place in the WAC and probably one and done in the tourney

He had his schedule set up correctly - he got three wins against NCAA participants and probably would have won 23-24 regular season games without Kyle's injury and finished 3rd in the conference and maybe made the tourney finals

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

No -

We would have been 19-14 and 5th or 6th place in the WAC and probably one and done in the tourney

He had his schedule set up correctly - he got three wins against NCAA participants and probably would have won 23-24 regular season games without Kyle's injury and finished 3rd in the conference and maybe made the tourney finals
    We'll never know for sure what the results would have been. However, I believe early adversity would have helped our guys to a better conference record. They would have been more focused on playing team ball.

Is there a mulligan or a do over in men's basketball?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

And if Rupp would have been required to play 4 or 5 guarantee games OOC like those teams were we would have NEVER won 23 this year -

Agreed?

In 1999 we played a grand total of 28 games went 19-9, won the SBC regular championship and went to the semi-finals of the conference tourney and still on played 28 games -

Uneven playing field where OOC play was concerned, very uneven

Rupp is not required to have $150,000 in guarantee money before he is allowed to schedule a home OOC game - Richard was REQUIRED to do that until the day he left - take way 3-5 games against a 227 SOS and then we will talk
    But I assume the 1999 Sun Belt wasn't the 10th rated MBB conference and didn't have 4 of 9 teams in the Top 77 in the RPI... I know the Sun Belt had some different teams a decade ago, but they are currently the #21 rated MBB conference... not remotely comparable to the WAC...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    But I assume the 1999 Sun Belt wasn't the 10th rated MBB conference and didn't have 4 of 9 teams in the Top 77 in the RPI... I know the Sun Belt had some different teams a decade ago, but they are currently the #21 rated MBB conference... not remotely comparable to the WAC...
    I want to say it was 12th or 15th...

I have sent an email to Ken Pom to find out where it was ranked

+ Reply to Thread