+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: nit

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Re: nit

I know, I will get ripped here, but does anyone else think this team does not deserve a NIT bid? I have NEVER seen a team give up like they did last night. Blame it on Rupp, Injuries, Fatigue, Lack of Depth, Officiating, Seeding in the WAC tourney, etc, etc, etc, I just dont think they are deserving this year, we did not come to play last night- bottom line.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    I know, I will get ripped here, but does anyone else think this team does not deserve a NIT bid? I have NEVER seen a team give up like they did last night. Blame it on Rupp, Injuries, Fatigue, Lack of Depth, Officiating, Seeding in the WAC tourney, etc, etc, etc, I just dont think they are deserving this year, we did not come to play last night- bottom line.
    How about we blame it on USU not being able to miss? Look at what we did to them in Ruston. Pretty much the exact same thing that happened to us last night except their 2nd leading scorer didn't go down 3 minutes into the game. And they are deserving of an NCAA bid.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If Mag has a high ankle sprain, I have my doubts on whether think it would be wise for us to accept any type of post season bid -

However, the seniors IF they are able to play DESERVE a chance to play as long as possible in a TECH uniform
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    How about we blame it on USU not being able to miss? Look at what we did to them in Ruston. Pretty much the exact same thing that happened to us last night except their 2nd leading scorer didn't go down 3 minutes into the game. And they are deserving of an NCAA bid.
    I guess my point is where do the excuses stop? Good teams, with good coaches, play through the excuses. The only thing you hear defending National Champion Coach Roy Williams say about this year, is "We were a bad team". You dont hear him or North Carolinas fans make one excuse about not winning. They take the blame, make the corrections and move forward. That is what good teams do. I have heard EVERY excuse under the sun for this basketball team.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

It is easy to make an argument for us using the nitology bracket and bubble. We have an RPI of 76

They have us listed as the 4th rated bubble team, yet our RPI is higher than Charlotte (77), NCState (90) and UNC (93), the three bubble teams listed between us and the field. The teams just behind us are lower too. Using RPI puts us as the top bubble team in that bracket.

NMSU's win tonight obviously move them up to the NCAA, opening up a slot for a bubble team assuming Utah State doesn't get hosed by the NCAA.

We also have a higher RPI than St. John's (79), St. Louis (86) and Arizona (95), who are all listed as in.

The two teams listed just above us in RPI are also listed as in: Northeastern's RPI is 74 but we beat them on their homecourt in the bracketbuster; Illinois State is 75

IF RPI, and head to head match-ups, meant anything we would solidly be in. However, I am not convinced that it matters and the NIT could reasonably say that due to injuries, we are not the same team that played its way to the 76 RPI rating.

We will know soon enough but using the standard that they supposedly have adopted, RPI, we should be in. Nevertheless, I will believe it when I see it.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I guess my point is where do the excuses stop? Good teams, with good coaches, play through the excuses. The only thing you hear defending National Champion Coach Roy Williams say about this year, is "We were a bad team". You dont hear him or North Carolinas fans make one excuse about not winning. They take the blame, make the corrections and move forward. That is what good teams do. I have heard EVERY excuse under the sun for this basketball team.
    I'm not even saying we'd win the game with Magnum in. I'm just saying it wouldn't be a 30 point loss. Why is this not a good excuse to you? How can you objectively analyze our team when you are basing your assessment on a fluke injury? That is all I am saying. Take one of the best 2 players off any team and they'd struggle to win in their conference tournament. But because you only look at the final score and base your assessment from that you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

houston played a great game in the C-USA championship today again number 25 UTEP...we beat them on their home court..

If our team is healthy we are a force to be reckoned with

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

8 NIT Automatic Bids
    1. Jackson State
    2. Troy
    3. Weber State
    Coastal Carolina
    5. Jacksonville
    6. Kent State
    Quinnipiac
    8. Stony Brook

24 NIT At-Large Bids
    1. Wichita State (43)
    2. UAB (46)
    3. Florida (51)
    4. Dayton (52)
    5. Memphis (54)
    6. William & Mary (57)
    7. Ole Miss (58)
    8. Cincinnati (59)
    9. Seton Hall (61)
    10. Arizona State (62)

11. Mississippi State (63)
    12. VCU (64)
    13. UConn (66)
    14. Tulsa (68)
    15. South Florida (69)
    16. Marshall (70)
    17. Texas Tech (71)
    18. Illinois (72)
    19. Nevada (73)
    20. Northeastern (74)
    21. Illinois State (75)
    22. Louisiana Tech (76)
    23. Charlotte (77)
    24. St. John's (79)
    ------------------
    Portland (80)
    Wright State (81)
    Fairfield (82)
    IUPUI (83)
    Akron (84)
    Morehead State (85)
    St. Louis (86)
    Iona (88)
    Indiana State (89)
    North Carolina State (90)
    Missouri State (91)
    Charleston (92)
    North Carolina (93)
    South Carolina (94)
    Arizona
    (95)
    Miami (96)
    Alabama (98)
    Harvard (99)
    Georgia (100)

but they don't exactly go by RPI...

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    houston played a great game in the C-USA championship today again number 25 UTEP...we beat them on their home court..

If our team is healthy we are a force to be reckoned with
    But because the lack of attention our current coaching staff has put on depth on our team, when one or two guys go down, not only are we not a team to be reckoned with, we tank and get blown out by 30 to a team we beat by 20 healthy.

I guess that is my frustration, there has been zero emphasis on depth and bench play by this current coaching staff.

But because the lack of attention our current coaching staff has put on depth on our team, when one or two guys go down, not only are we not a team to be reckoned with, we tank and get blown out by 30 to a team we beat by 20 healthy.

I guess that is my frustration, there has been zero emphasis on depth and bench play by this current coaching staff.
    I guess Georgetown should fire their coach too since they have the least depth in the country.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I guess Georgetown should fire their coach too since they have the least depth in the country.
    Give me a break. Rupp filled this team with jucos and transfers. As a result we will be starting from ground zero in year 4. With no post season apperances.

The excuses will last forever.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Give me a break. Rupp filled this team with jucos and transfers. As a result we will be starting from ground zero in year 4. With no post season apperances.

With the right recruits, that doesn't have to happen.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    With the right recruits, that doesn't have to happen.
    Could say that in defense of every failing coach ever.

Could say that in defense of every failing coach ever.
    Failing coaches rarely get to 23 wins though.

We aren't exactly at ground zero. We have a player in Olu that has proven he can compete with the top players in conference (Babbitt and Wesley) as well as a talented point guard who just needs to learn to pass a little more.

Unfortunately we suffered some bad luck down the stretch keep us out of the dance. Who knows if we'd have gotten in the dance without that bad luck. But treating the Rupp era like it is a failure is premature considering 2 years in a row he has gotten us to semifinals in the WAC tournament.

+ Reply to Thread