+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: nit

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: nit

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Yeah, never fails to amaze me how a 17-12 "Power Conference" (current preferred designation) school can get in while leaving a 25-4 school from a non-power conference out. It is all about keeping the "Haves" in power. Once in awhile you have somebody like Gonzaga that threatens to join them, but it is rare.
    The biggest scam of all is the Strength of Schedule argument because SOS is 75% of the RPI formula.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This is the biggest scam to me...

Auto NIT Bids with lower RPIs than Tech
    85. Weber St.
    109. Troy
    138. Coastal Carolina
    140. Quinnipiac
    143. Stony Brook
    144. Jacksonville
    199. Jackson St.

I had no idea the NIT had auto bids. That's just crazy.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    This is the biggest scam to me...

Auto NIT Bids with lower RPIs than Tech
    85. Weber St.
    109. Troy
    138. Coastal Carolina
    140. Quinnipiac
    143. Stony Brook
    144. Jacksonville
    199. Jackson St.

I had no idea the NIT had auto bids. That's just crazy.
    I want to say it was part of the court ordered settlement when the NCAA acquired the NIT from the group that controlled it
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I want to say it was part of the court ordered settlement when the NCAA acquired the NIT from the group that controlled it
    Now it makes sense.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

If I remember correctly, the mandate was the the NIT had to take conference winners that were beaten out in their conference tourney. It's basically a way to ensure that conference champions regardless of RPI are given the chance to play in the post season, thus the NIT doesn't become a "what's left" from the "Big 6" conferences.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    If I remember correctly, the mandate was the the NIT had to take conference winners that were beaten out in their conference tourney. It's basically a way to ensure that conference champions regardless of RPI are given the chance to play in the post season, thus the NIT doesn't become a "what's left" from the "Big 6" conferences.

You are correct

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Sure worked this year...

+ Reply to Thread