+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Houston is going to the dance

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Houston is going to the dance

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Some might, but many of us remember when these postseason appearances were fairly commonplace. With our recent history, I guess anything is a step forward... but putting everything in context, I don't think ANYONE on this board would have been happy with the NIT/CIT/CBI back when we were 17-2. We TANKED down the stretch and played ourselves OUT of the NCAAs and even the NIT.

Sure, people are complaining about having to settle.
    Going to the NCAA tournament is also commonplace for USU, Nevada, and NMSU. But unfortunately the WAC is a 1 bid and occasionally a 2 bid league. Atleast 2 if not more fan bases will be disappointed a year. The change we need is for the WAC to either regain basketball cred or get the magical invite to CUSA.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Going to the NCAA tournament is also commonplace for USU, Nevada, and NMSU. But unfortunately the WAC is a 1 bid and occasionally a 2 bid league. Atleast 2 if not more fan bases will be disappointed a year. The change we need is for the WAC to either regain basketball cred or get the magical invite to CUSA.
    We can't control the other teams, though. All we can do is hope for our team to elevate to the level of these other teams on a consistent basis. However, based on what I've seen so far from the current staff, I don't think we'll ever be a consistent top flight team in the WAC. Am I mistaken; i.e. can Rupp get us there? Since he's our coach, I am pulling for him.

I'm just tired of tanking in every sport and am anxiously awaiting the day we can watch our teams play in the postseason in EVERY sport.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The WAC also has 3 NBA 1st round picks not dancing... Babbitt and Johnson for Nevada who couldn't get a bid for the 2nd consecutive year while hosting the WAC tournament... and Paul George from Fresno who could be a lottery pick... While Gibson and Rolle are good, they aren't projected to get drafted by the NBA at all...

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    We can't control the other teams, though. All we can do is hope for our team to elevate to the level of these other teams on a consistent basis. However, based on what I've seen so far from the current staff, I don't think we'll ever be a consistent top flight team in the WAC. Am I mistaken; i.e. can Rupp get us there? Since he's our coach, I am pulling for him.

I'm just tired of tanking in every sport and am anxiously awaiting the day we can watch our teams play in the postseason in EVERY sport.
    We can't control what others do but it is also unreasonable to say we have to go the tournament or it is a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The WAC also has 3 NBA 1st round picks not dancing... Babbitt and Johnson for Nevada who couldn't get a bid for the 2nd consecutive year while hosting the WAC tournament... and Paul George from Fresno who could be a lottery pick... While Gibson and Rolle are good, they aren't projected to get drafted by the NBA at all...
    Exactly. Everything I'm hearing about KG is he's too slow for the NBA. I bet Magnum's upside gets him in though.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

We can't control what others do but it is also unreasonable to say we have to go the tournament or it is a failure.
    Not really unreasonable. That's the reality. Teams don't begin the season to "win 23 games" or whatever. They play to make the tourney. Same in baseball, and just like a bowl game in football. I guess if our goal is to be a decent team, we achieved it this year. If, however, our goal was to make the NCAA or NIT tourneys, we obviously failed.

Either way, I'll be tuning in on Thursday. Any television for the game, or just CBS All-Crapsses?

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

How would you like to be MS State? Talk about a snub. They beat Florida and Vandy in the SEC Tournament and come within a tenth of a second of beating the #2 team in the country. State should have gone before Utah State.

+ Reply to Thread