+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CIT Field

Varsity Bulldog former_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really nice

Re: CIT Field

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    This tourney is like being in the fifth flight in a golf tourney. You may win, but who cares?!?!
    It allows the coaches to keep working with the players. Let's them give some playing time to kids that are coming back next year.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    This tourney is like being in the fifth flight in a golf tourney. You may win, but who cares?!?!
    HD does, even if it means his team wins by shooting an even par 72 and the last place team in the championship flite (Doc, T-mo & myself) shoots a -15 under...

As he said - "its all about the trophies, we got one and you didn't..."

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    HD does, even if it means his team wins by shooting an even par 72 and the last place team in the championship flite (Doc, T-mo & myself) shoots a -15 under...

As he said - "its all about the trophies, we got one and you didn't..."

So true. So true.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I thought the CIT was Fox and Company's "Cougar Invitational Tournament"???

If winning the NIT means you're the 66th best team in the country, what does the CIT mean?

Ours is better :icon_wink:

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Considering where this program was when Rupp took over and how hard these kids have busted their tails for Louisiana Tech, I believe the fact that they get to experience a post-season tournament (no matter the name) is a good enough reason to play in it. THEY deserve it.
    +1 and the main reason I am for expanding the NCAA to 96, let the kids have the experience and enjoy it. They put in a lot of work and time and let more of them have a chance to experience what it is like. There are 350 bball programs the top 1/3 deserve a chance to play in post season I believe.

Also the main reason I will be in TAC cheering for the DAWGS, hope Rolle and KG get right before then.

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

Why would you not want to play in this tournament? Obviously we would rather be playing NCAA or NIT but given the option of the season being over or one more game with the possibility of more games, I'd chose the latter everytime. If I were a senior on this team, I would love this opportunity to keep playing. I hope they all have that same attitude.

SK

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportkid View Post
    Why would you not want to play in this tournament? Obviously we would rather be playing NCAA or NIT but given the option of the season being over or one more game with the possibility of more games, I'd chose the latter everytime. If I were a senior on this team, I would love this opportunity to keep playing. I hope they all have that same attitude.

SK

Right!!

And thanks to all who are coming on the BBB to say this.

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

I really like this because KG will get to play in his last game at the TAC.

Varsity Bulldog Bain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her game

I can't wait for our CIT CHAMPIONSHIP banner to be hanging in the TAC!! I will be proud!

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    I really like this because KG will get to play in his last game at the TAC.
    +1

Puppy greendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nice greendawg's Avatar

Here is why I am glad we are playing in any post season tournament. First, I get another chance to yell for the dogs. Secondly, we get to play a school of regional interest at home, and third we get additional practices and perhaps playing time and thus experience for returning players for next year. Two big ifs, if we can win this game then if Rolle and Gipson could be more ready to play for the second round game we might do some damage in this tournament and thus more practices and experience gained for the future. But even if we lose, we did not have to travel and perhaps some benefit can be gained from all of this.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Pros -

1. Another game for the players

2. Its in Ruston

3. Its against So Miss

Cons -

1. Kyle's injured

2. Mag's injured

3. See 1 & 2
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

How 'bout an opportunity to sweep USM in all 3-- baseball, basketball AND football?? After the games we can tell Giannini where to stick it!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    How 'bout an opportunity to sweep USM in all 3-- baseball, basketball AND football?? After the games we can tell Giannini where to stick it!
    Now you're talkin! Get ready folks, USM fans will be making a Ruston road trip this Thursday-Sunday for four games (1 basketball + 3 baseball) to see their beloved Eagles "crush lowly Louisiana Tech again".

+ Reply to Thread