+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TJ Williams

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: TJ Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I am not sold on Olu at the 4 and Deuce Johnson won't be here for another year. We need some bodies for next year! The kid could grow a couple of inches and I have seen him at 6'6 but scout or rivals had him at 6'7. I just hate to see this kid go somewhere else and turn out to be a player at ulm or uab or wherever.
    Where are you getting it that Deuce won't be here next year?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    butch pierre, the former lsu assistant under brady, signed two louisiana kids this year. brown is going to step in and become anderson's replacement next year. he's the real deal.

and, jford, gary stewart is 6-4, talented and unsigned.
    Come on Bret, you see my point. I had 6'4" typed before I typed 6'3".

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I got him confused with colby. I thought he was the kid we put in JC, that was kadeem colby. So we have one hs big man and Farrington. We still need more size.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I am afraid we may be missing out on this kid. 6'7 235 lb PF/C from Jonesboro Hodge. He had a great top 28 and played toe to toe with the big kid from Riverside that is supposed to be so great. His line in semi-final game was 18 points, 13rb, and 8 blocks. I have not see the kid play but only talked to some who have and they say he has game. He does not have an offer from us. We are losing every bit of height we had this year and only have one big man signed 6'9 Farrington. We just opened up two scholarships by dismissing players. Anyone seen him play or know about his grade situation? I'd love to see us go after this kid if he has some potential.
    He's a good player, but he's 6'5 or 6'6. And a 5. That's too short for a 5.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    let's be honest, in most college systems, including ours, there's not much difference in a 4 and a 5. if you can be a 5 in high school, you can transition to the 4 in college.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

I am afraid we may be missing out on this kid. 6'7 235 lb PF/C from Jonesboro Hodge. He had a great top 28 and played toe to toe with the big kid from Riverside that is supposed to be so great. His line in semi-final game was 18 points, 13rb, and 8 blocks. I have not see the kid play but only talked to some who have and they say he has game. He does not have an offer from us. We are losing every bit of height we had this year and only have one big man signed 6'9 Farrington. We just opened up two scholarships by dismissing players. Anyone seen him play or know about his grade situation? I'd love to see us go after this kid if he has some potential.

I've seen the kid play. He's talented but he's a crybaby. If he can get that out of his system then maybe....

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Enough talk about size. We had size last year and won 15 games. We need good players. Millsap is undersized but that didn't stop him from 3 straight rebounding titles.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Enough talk about size. We had size last year and won 15 games. We need good players. Millsap is undersized but that didn't stop him from 3 straight rebounding titles.
    umm ... millsap is not undersized for a college player. he was 6-8 and about 245 when he played at tech. olu is undersized. at 6-7 (maybe) and 220, he's built like an nba small forward. millsap was at least built like a post player.

this year's team wasn't small but had no depth with only 4 players on the entire roster who weren't guards -- mag, olu, david jackson and oliverson. shawn didn't help us and isn't going to help us. jackson was more of a small forward at 205 pounds. that left mag and olu.

next year, unless something drastically changes, we are going to be even smaller. you take out mag, who made up for a lot of our interior deficiencies defensively because of his length and athleticism, and david jackson, and replace them with a 6-8 scottie farrington (who's built like mag but 3 inches shorter) and a 6-7 deuce johnson. our frontline depth next year is going to be 6-8, 6-7ish, 6-7 (and that's if deuce is a legit 6-7. you never know until they step on campus). hopefully, there are still some servicable post players available via the juco route.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post

Olu is a 4 right now. TJ williams is bigger than him. So I dont want to here people say he is undersized.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

umm ... millsap is not undersized for a college player. he was 6-8 and about 245 when he played at tech. olu is undersized. at 6-7 (maybe) and 220, he's built like an nba small forward. millsap was at least built like a post player.

this year's team wasn't small but had no depth with only 4 players on the entire roster who weren't guards -- mag, olu, david jackson and oliverson. shawn didn't help us and isn't going to help us. jackson was more of a small forward at 205 pounds. that left mag and olu.

next year, unless something drastically changes, we are going to be even smaller. you take out mag, who made up for a lot of our interior deficiencies defensively because of his length and athleticism, and david jackson, and replace them with a 6-8 scottie farrington (who's built like mag but 3 inches shorter) and a 6-7 deuce johnson. our frontline depth next year is going to be 6-8, 6-7ish, 6-7 (and that's if deuce is a legit 6-7. you never know until they step on campus). hopefully, there are still some servicable post players available via the juco route.
    I don't think he was that heavy, but my point is I don't think we should look away from a player because his height isn't the prototype.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Olu is a 4 right now. TJ williams is bigger than him. So I dont want to here people say he is undersized.
    I don't think it is that he's undersized to be a 4. I think considering we have Olu and Deuce, we should focus on a guy with more height before we target another 6'6 power forward.

That is why this year's class is so critical. We need a bigger guy in there too. We have to my best understanding 4 more scholarships to use. That could allow us to take 2 good shooters, a 6'8 or taller post player, and a project 7 footer. If we can only get 1 juco in these last 4 that is a huge success but that would pretty much require that we can somehow get Kourtney Roberson who might already be signed to A&M. 2 jucos aren't bad

+ Reply to Thread