+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 3/18 SOUTHERN MISS game (CIT)

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Re: 3/18 SOUTHERN MISS game (CIT)

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Welcome to the club. Some people get kicked out for good reasons (like Orges) and some people get kicked out for not so good reasons. I've only been kicked out of one game and the refs reason was I was using a little plastic megaphone and that counted as a noise maker in that particular instant.
    Yea. It just seems like the rules are made up as they go. The cop threatened to throw me out because he was getting booed and I asked what rule I broke to get thrown out. He then said he was following his boss' orders. If you screw with me during a game that I actually paid to watch then you better show me the rule that I broke. It won't hurt my feelings to sit at home and watch the games on channelsurfing

Varsity Bulldog MDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    Yea. It just seems like the rules are made up as they go. The cop threatened to throw me out because he was getting booed and I asked what rule I broke to get thrown out. He then said he was following his boss' orders. If you screw with me during a game that I actually paid to watch then you better show me the rule that I broke. It won't hurt my feelings to sit at home and watch the games on channelsurfing
    I was only following the boss' orders. The classic defense used by the Nazis at Nuremberg.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The old Jenkins Harrassment Squad wouldn't last 5 mins in today's PC pansie-wad world.

LSU WBB coach Sue Gunter said of us, quoted in the paper: "If those guys were ambassadors for the US, we'd be at war with every nation on Earth."

Taking that as a compliment we dubbed ourselves "The Ambassdors of Harrassment."

We were brutal.
    There have been several posts on this thread with people bragging about how they got into the opponent's and referee's heads. Shame on y'all. Y'all should be supporting the DAWGS and TECHsters. :icon_wink:

We could all take lessons from Utah State. They are masters of clean insults that distract many opponents. However, they admit that most players don't get bothered by them and instead seem to raise their level of play. In Reno, I talked to several USU fans about their methods of distraction. Several mentioned that Olu is one of their favorites because he seems to thrive on their attention. According to them, he plays along with them and has a good time and to them this makes him very likeable. They also very much appreciate his basketball skills.

Their chants get the whole Spectrum/arena rocking and makes it fun for all. The bottom line for them is that they have FUN doing things which, in most cases, makes no difference in the outcome of the game.

I would love to see a USU kind of atmosphere in the TAC. The students have to be the leaders and many older fans will join in. We should not be discouraging students from cheering.

In Justin's case, the signboard message was apparently a sensitive issue for our AD. If you know the history, you will understand why. I will give him the benefit of any doubt on this one, but public records and matters of public knowledge have to remain fair game for students as long as the resulting "insults" are family friendly.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    If that happen that is complete and utter BS for the cop and administration. What a freaking joke. These guys could never make it at a basketball school that had 10,000 students chanting FU Duke. Not saying that its right but my word we gave Billy Gillespie an absolute shit fit about getting a DWI when he was at UTEP and they came to the TAC.

What would they do if we had Texas A&M in Ruston or Shreveport? That entire crowd chants "Beat the hell outta La Tech, Aye! Whoop!" What would ole Randy do with 20,000 of them on a Saturday night?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I have to tell the story now. Someone requested that I put "Hey Coach Eustachy, B.Y.O.B. (Remember Mr. Van De Velde?)" on the whiteboard. (If you don't get it, http://www.kcci.com/sports/2162884/detail.html) The cop came over grabbed my board and told me to come with him. As I was walking to the north tunnel, several fans were booing the cop and cheering me. I pumped my fists in the air. The cop told me that if I kept that up then I would be kicked out of the arena. We got to the tunnel and I was informed that BVDV was coming down to talk to me. The cop wanted to write a report on the incident, so I asked him what rules I broke. He didn't know but still wanted my ID. BVDV gets there and tells me that the phrase on the board is in poor taste, and the coach has been through a lot and he doesn't want me to be making personal attacks. The cop then says that he is going to take my whiteboard and BVDV says that is unnecessary. BVDV tells the cop that writing a report on the incident is unnecessary but the cop demanded my ID and wrote down my info anyway. The board was erased and then I had a little chat with my role model, Iceman. Then I went back to my seat and watched the rest of the game.
    BVDV may have had a problem with the poster on various levels (like the possibility of Eustachy assuming that BVDV was "behind" the poster), but the very pragmatic reason for concern regards the effort to join CUSA. Antagonizing a CUSA school IN ANY WAY AND ON ANY LEVEL at this point in time could be catastrophic.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Welcome to the club. Some people get kicked out for good reasons (like Orges) and some people get kicked out for not so good reasons. I've only been kicked out of one game and the refs reason was I was using a little plastic megaphone and that counted as a noise maker in that particular instant.

Sheesh. We (Tech) gave those things out at a game several years ago.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The thing that amazes me is that BVDV was the AD at Utah State!! I would bet everything that he let worse than "BYOB" pass in the spectrum. The rules are no racist or sexist remarks, no profanity to be directed at officials, players, or coaches. These are grounds for removal from the Thomas Assembly Center. I broke none of these rules and still almost got thrown out. Kind of sucks the fun out of being a student fan.
    I can teach you the appropriate sexist remarks...

Or inappropriate depending on how your perceive them
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that amazes me is that BVDV was the AD at Utah State!! I would bet everything that he let worse than "BYOB" pass in the spectrum. The rules are no racist or sexist remarks, no profanity to be directed at officials, players, or coaches. These are grounds for removal from the Thomas Assembly Center. I broke none of these rules and still almost got thrown out. Kind of sucks the fun out of being a student fan.
    Wasn't it Iowa St?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Wasn't it Iowa St?
    Both

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Wasn't it Iowa St?
    He was at both. He actually hired Utah State's current coach Stew Morrill...thanks BVDV...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't it Iowa St?
    Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Both
    He was at both. He actually hired Utah State's current coach Stew Morrill...thanks BVDV...
    Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread