+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MicroBrew Coming to Ruston!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: MicroBrew Coming to Ruston!

Quote Originally Posted by madprof View Post
    Although not finished yet, our webpage is online now...it is 3docsbrewhouse.com. Donnie Bell put it together and it will be up to date very soon, we basically can't manage or update the content yet. You can get an idea of what it will look like when it is all said and done, though. The brewhouse is this year, next year will be a barrel system behind a plexiglass wall where we brew 3 - 5 of our own for sale. But the master plan is to have North LA's first brewery...a lofty goal but it is the goal. Hopefully in 5 years we will be breaking ground for it. There is a group in Shreveport that is working towards the same goal and will probably beat us as the first...but we are planning to put Ruston on the map nonetheless as a mecca for craft beer.
    I think that is just excellent.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I know I'm going to leave some out because my memory is horrible and I'm not at the bar but here goes: On tap we have Guinness, Harp, Murpheys, Sierra Nevada (Bigfoot), NOLA amber, Abita Amber, Abigator, Purple Haze, Sam Adams ale, Alien (new pilsner which is good), Spaten Oktoberfest and ale, Killians, Blue Moon, Shock top, Bass, Anchor Steam porter, Stella, Harpoon, Dos XX amber and pilsner, Rogue double dead guy...I'm leaving some out but these are the ones that come to mind plus the North LA staples of Bud, Coors, Miller, etc. We have 36 on tap.

Got several different ones in bottles, nothing crazy exotic yet... it's weird what we can get one week but not the next so it changes week to week.

Every Saturday night we put up a "not as popular beer " as a charity beer where we donate a portion of the proceeds to good cause. Last Saturday it was Anchor Steam and we raised around $40 for St. Judes.
    Have you tried the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA? I was surprised how good it was.
    What about Anchor's Liberty Ale?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Bulldog madprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nice

Torpedo rocks! Had my first early part of May...got some when we first opened, sold out, and still waiting for more. Haven't tried Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Have you tried the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA? I was surprised how good it was.
    What about Anchor's Liberty Ale?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Torpedo rocks! Had my first early part of May...got some when we first opened, sold out, and still waiting for more. Haven't tried Liberty.
    Liberty Ale is pretty good. That and the Christmas Ale are my favorite from Anchor Brewing.

Can you get Dogfish Head, Victory, Southern Tier, or Founders?
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

You regained a customer with your compromise. Thanks for listening!

Let us know when the mural is gone.

Bulldog madprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nice

Not from our local suppliers at this point...but the more we ask, the harder they try to get it. That's how we got Harpoon and it stays tapped out all the time. And getting it from down in south LA can be problematic. But because of the volume that we do, our requests are starting to get noticed....Just think, there are some young people in our area whose first beer may be a Guinness or Harpoon as opposed to a bud or miller light. Changing taste buds one palate at a time (insert evil laugh here)

Liberty Ale is pretty good. That and the Christmas Ale are my favorite from Anchor Brewing.

Can you get Dogfish Head, Victory, Southern Tier, or Founders?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

As long as you pick up the Abita Strawberry in the spring, IM THERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    As long as you pick up the Abita Strawberry in the spring, IM THERE!!!
    Man, that is so good. I'm usually not a fan of fruity beers but that one is really good. I had a friend of mine bring me a couple of sixers and I went through it like candy, really wish that one wasn't seasonal. Trying my best to copy that one.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Man, that is so good. I'm usually not a fan of fruity beers but that one is really good. I had a friend of mine bring me a couple of sixers and I went through it like candy, really wish that one wasn't seasonal. Trying my best to copy that one.
    It was really hard to find around Ruston. Devine had a few six-packs, but ran out often.. I made the short drive to Keg Package in Grambling and they had an abundance of them. I bought a case.

I'm not too big on fruity beers either, but Purple Haze and Strawberry are fantastic! Those are the beers that got me hooked on Abita. Speaking of IPAs and Abita, what do you think about Jockamo? I tasted it once and couldn't stand it. Maybe I should give it another try..?

Not from our local suppliers at this point...but the more we ask, the harder they try to get it. That's how we got Harpoon and it stays tapped out all the time. And getting it from down in south LA can be problematic. But because of the volume that we do, our requests are starting to get noticed....Just think, there are some young people in our area whose first beer may be a Guinness or Harpoon as opposed to a bud or miller light. Changing taste buds one palate at a time (insert evil laugh here)
    What about Unibroue, Left Hand, Stone or Lagunitas?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'm going to leave some out because my memory is horrible and I'm not at the bar but here goes: On tap we have Guinness, Harp, Murpheys, Sierra Nevada (Bigfoot), NOLA amber, Abita Amber, Abigator, Purple Haze, Sam Adams ale, Alien (new pilsner which is good), Spaten Oktoberfest and ale, Killians, Blue Moon, Shock top, Bass, Anchor Steam porter, Stella, Harpoon, Dos XX amber and pilsner, Rogue double dead guy...I'm leaving some out but these are the ones that come to mind plus the North LA staples of Bud, Coors, Miller, etc. We have 36 on tap.

Got several different ones in bottles, nothing crazy exotic yet... it's weird what we can get one week but not the next so it changes week to week.

Every Saturday night we put up a "not as popular beer " as a charity beer where we donate a portion of the proceeds to good cause. Last Saturday it was Anchor Steam and we raised around $40 for St. Judes.

PBR?

Pilsner Urquell?

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    It was really hard to find around Ruston. Devine had a few six-packs, but ran out often.. I made the short drive to Keg Package in Grambling and they had an abundance of them. I bought a case.

I'm not too big on fruity beers either, but Purple Haze and Strawberry are fantastic! Those are the beers that got me hooked on Abita. Speaking of IPAs and Abita, what do you think about Jockamo? I tasted it once and couldn't stand it. Maybe I should give it another try..?
    I think we have that on tap, too. It's one we try to keep on tap....the first time I had it was in a bottle at Ponchatoulas and i wasn't crazy about it, the last couple I've had on tap and I enjoyed them more, but I've never wanted more than one Jockamo in a sitting.

What about Unibroue, Left Hand, Stone or Lagunitas?
    Haven't checked on any except for left hand and couldn't get it the last time I checked, they make a mean IPA. Stone is good stuff, had my share of them last time I was in San Diego...ran up a nice little bar tab. Would like to get that one, but I don't know of anyone around here who can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    PBR?
    Got PBR in an ice cold can my friend, but didn't free up a tap handle for it.

+ Reply to Thread