+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Organic Square Foot Gardening

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Organic Square Foot Gardening

I have reclaimed some property behind my store in Shreveport and have begun construction of a "Organic Square Foot Garden" that will be maintained by my staff and me. The spot behind my store has been a nuisance since I can remember and I really can't believe that I haven't thought of this before. For those of you unfamiliar with the OSFG just Google and read. It's really cool and I plan on expanding to the roof of my business if it proves feasible.
    The soil is compost from the trimmings and waste from our veggies at my business. The produce from our garden will be delivered, by us, to our local "welfare kitchen" that we already supply with day-old bread and the like. My employees; who are mostly young and, so-called, liberal tree hugger types, are really fired-up about this project. I will post pictures from ground-breaking to delivery for you guys.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Re: Organic Square Foot Gardening

You should definately watch out for what those liberal tree huggers grow in yuor garden. If they start taking numerous smoke breaks out back you should probably check around the tomato plants.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    You should definately watch out for what those liberal tree huggers grow in yuor garden. If they start taking numerous smoke breaks out back you should probably check around the tomato plants.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    You've seen a few of my folks...I'll definitely have to keep an eye on species planted.

gard6.jpg

gard7.jpg

gard8.jpg

gard9.jpg
    So far we have or should have:

14 Tomato plants (CHerokee Purple, Black Krim, Brandywine)
    1 Row or about 12-16 Chinese Red Noodle Beans (grow up along fence trellis)
    1 Row Heirloom Burgundy Okra
    1 Row Swiss Chard
    3 Jalapenos
    6 other asstd sweet peppers
    4 Cukes (Thats what the strings in one of the pics are for. They grow right up the string and onto my neighbors building)
    4 Louisiana Green Eggplants
    3 Purple Tomatillos
    3 Geen Tomatillos
    9 Watermelon Vines (they've started in the garden and we'll train the vines along the edge outside of the garden on beds of pinestraw)

Totally forgot I started this until one of my customers posted this on my FB page today. The garden has been going 90-nothing since inception and it has been a big hit with all the kids of my customers/friends. "Mr Ross" lets the kiddos hit the garden behind my store and pick their own veggies. I also have a big peach tree that should give us some nice peaches this second year of production..last year I got 30-40 fruit.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

+ Reply to Thread