+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida State Article

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Florida State Article

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

Re: Florida State Article

Not an elite program anymore eh? Well, lets show them Saturday that we ar quite capable to return to elite status!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techboy09 View Post
    Not an elite program anymore eh? Well, lets show them Saturday that we ar quite capable to return to elite status!!
    We got some proving to do in order to get back, but we will get there again..........:icon_wink: Probably take a few years to accomplish "elite status" again, but it is going to be fun doing it.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

seem's they forgot to mention that TSpoon was on the last Techster team to win that national title and that she was running the show now at La Tech!

Go Techsters!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

We aren't elite and it will be a massive struggle to win this game.

What's our record against teams that made the tourny? Much less the high-seeded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    We aren't elite and it will be a massive struggle to win this game.

What's our record against teams that made the tourny? Much less the high-seeded ones.
    3 point loss to lsu and a 10 point loss to Baylor. Both losses, but both early in the year. I don't think anyone is expecting a miracle, but I can bet you that we give all we got on the floor. FSU is big and has three point shooters - we have faced the 3 point shooters all season. The bigs might be tough to handle. I think it all comes down to Johnson (if the rest play their best game). Johnson is the X Factor. Dowdell will do her thing, but be bothered all night by a 6'5" post player. Johnson is more athletic than most players in the NCAA. If she can get inside and hit those twisting shots and dish to Dowdell when needed, we might can pull this off.

No delusions about a #14 vs. a #3, but everyone knows that there is a great evening out after the top 5 teams in the country. We CAN pull this off but, more importantly, we have to fight to the finish. I want to see all out hustle and great defense. I want to see us leave it all on the floor.

As noted in an earlier post of mine, I believe that this is the FIRST step to getting back to our status as an elite. You can't jump from 0 to 100 in one season, but you can fight and work hard to gain some sucess.

It starts with BELIEVING! You have to believe you can win and your fans have to BELIEVE their team can win. I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!! However, if you don't win, you have to realize that we will only get stronger. Getting here means recruiting takes a lift and the players start to know they belong.

So, please join us in getting some of that old Techster attitude back. This should be fun, not punishing and not negative. You get in the tournament to show what you have that year, not to dread playing a game or think you are going to lose.

AND, if the absolute worst thing happens and we lose, I won't be upset. I will know that, as a fan, I went in believing. I will, also, know that this Techster team did what they had to do to take that first step of getting back to the tournament.

Just my opinion.....:icon_wink:

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    . . . No delusions about a #14 vs. a #3, but everyone knows that there is a great evening out after the top 5 teams in the country. We CAN pull this off but, more importantly, we have to fight to the finish. I want to see all out hustle and great defense. I want to see us leave it all on the floor.
    Just watched 13th seed Murray State beat 4th seed Vanderbilt (men) at the buzzer in a very exciting game! So seeding isn't everything. I'm more worried about FSU's size against us.

GO Techsters!!

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Just watched 13th seed Murray State beat 4th seed Vanderbilt (men) at the buzzer in a very exciting game! So seeding isn't everything. I'm more worried about FSU's size against us.

GO Techsters!!
    Same here. They have great size and we are going to have to depend on being more athletic. I haven't seen FSU play this year, but I remember them being slow and deliberate when we played them the last time. If they still play like that (with the same coach, they might have the same style), we have to speed up the game and show our athleticism.

LOVED the Murray state game!!!!!!!!!!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

Just my opinion.....:icon_wink:
    I Like it!

Was in school back when the climb up the ladder of success started and I feel we can start climbing again. Whether we reach the top remains to be seen but I think it will be a fun ride once again.

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    I Like it!

Was in school back when the climb up the ladder of success started and I feel we can start climbing again. Whether we reach the top remains to be seen but I think it will be a fun ride once again.
    Same here. I don't think they ever didn't believe........ When we were beating up on Tennessee, ODU, and Southern Cal, we were all believers.

Maybe we need to start a "Believer club" on here......

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

That was a very good article, I can't see why anyone would be upset with that Article. They said nothing but positive things about our program and they are right We are not one of the current Elite programs but they do understand that we can make a run in this tournament.
    We are on a national stage and it is time for us to perform on that national stage.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    That was a very good article, I can't see why anyone would be upset with that Article. They said nothing but positive things about our program and they are right We are not one of the current Elite programs but they do understand that we can make a run in this tournament.
    We are on a national stage and it is time for us to perform on that national stage.
    Exactly. It's "put up or shut up" time. Fortunately, Spoon knows how to "put up." Until the Techsters demonstrate more than just a one year return to the tournament, they will not get a lot more than those accolades in the article mentioned.

I think it's a good article and gets the Techsters press they have not had in years.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Exactly. It's "put up or shut up" time. Fortunately, Spoon knows how to "put up." Until the Techsters demonstrate more than just a one year return to the tournament, they will not get a lot more than those accolades in the article mentioned.

I think it's a good article and gets the Techsters press they have not had in years.
    ---
    yea, it's not going to be easy forgetting the Long era at Tech, but if anyone can do it it is the TSpoon!
    She's made a big step just by getting us to the Big Dance this year after a 3 year absents ...
    But a nice win over Fla. State and maybe a return to the sweet 16, would help out a bit as well!
    Go Techsters!

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by techboy09 View Post
    If I was a FSU fan, I don't think I would waved that red flag.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

FSU didn't wave the "elite" flag. Tech did. If anyone thinks the Tech women's basketball program is among the elite they are delusional.

Doesn't mean the Techsters cannot be among the elite once again, but winning over Fresno by two points in the tournament after losing at home to Utah State and others who have some of the lowest RPI's in the country does not make the program elite.

It's scrappy. It is showing signs of coming back. The reporter stated the obvious.

The Techsters don't need motivation for Saturday's game other than you lose, you go home. You play your best and lose, you go home a winner. You play mediocre and lose, the return to the tourney means very little. In fact, the progress Spoon is making can take a step BACK if the Techsters who lost to Utah show up. If the Techsters who beat Fresno show up on Saturday, and play for 40 minutes, regardless of the outcome it is a step forward for the program and recruiting.

A loss isn't a loss in the tourney. It's how you win AND how you lose.

+ Reply to Thread