+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We WERE invited to the NIT

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: We WERE invited to the NIT

If this is true, there needs to be a big media story about it. Let the rest of the country know that it was our choice and not the NIT.

I agree with those that say we should not have turned it down, but can understand the reasons. HOWEVER, everyone else needs to know this, as well!

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    I was under the assumption that we had not made the cut for the NIT. After talking with a reliable source we actually did get a bid. We were supposed to play Ole Miss on Tuesday. Due to injuries of 3 of our best players, that was obviously not enough time for them to get healthy, so we declined.

I think an unfortunate position to be in, but a smart decision. Just thought I would share because I was not quite as bitter after hearing this.

I dont want to get into any name calling but i was told this too---it was all about the extra day to get player ready.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

If this is true, I am disgusted by it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    I dont want to get into any name calling but i was told this too---it was all about the extra day to get player ready.
    Which player? I know Magnum won't be ready... Is this to give KG more time to be 100%?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Well, what would you guys rather have, a winnable game at home or potential blowout in Oxford?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Well, what would you guys rather have, a winnable game at home or potential blowout in Oxford?
    We have neither

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    We have neither
    I think we have a winnable game at home.

I don't agree with turning down an NIT bid in this case, but I certainly don't think tonight is a loss. Why would anyone go into a game as a fan or player and think you are going to lose. I just don't understand a defeatest attitude. Yeah, we are without our best player, but we are far from dead. Southern Miss is missing their star, as well.

You have to believe you can win and your fans have to believe you can win. Simple as that. Then, if you lose, you know that you believed in your team and you walk away with your head high.

I would MUCH rather be disappointed that we lost after I believed we could win than predict a loss and have no faith in my team.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think we have a winnable game at home.

I don't agree with turning down an NIT bid in this case, but I certainly don't think tonight is a loss. Why would anyone go into a game as a fan or player and think you are going to lose. I just don't understand a defeatest attitude. Yeah, we are without our best player, but we are far from dead. Southern Miss is missing their star, as well.

You have to believe you can win and your fans have to believe you can win. Simple as that. Then, if you lose, you know that you believed in your team and you walk away with your head high.

I would MUCH rather be disappointed that we lost after I believed we could win than predict a loss and have no faith in my team.

First of all, we should not be playing in this piece of bleep tournamant. IF we passed on playing in the NIT, we are stupid. IF we paid money to play in this CIT, we are even more stupid.

When Tech plays, in any sport, I think we can win and I support them 100%. The 'winnable' game comment came across like it was a cupcake, which it is not.

Geaux Dawgs!!

First of all, we should not be playing in this piece of bleep tournamant. IF we passed on playing in the NIT, we are stupid. IF we paid money to play in this CIT, we are even more stupid.

When Tech plays, in any sport, I think we can win and I support them 100%. The 'winnable' game comment came across like it was a cupcake, which it is not.

Geaux Dawgs!!

See my first comment about the NIT. I think we should have accepted it, as well.

However, we are playing tonight in a winnable game. No cupcake, but winnable.

Bulldog TexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really niceTexDawg77 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I guess Purdue should have turned the NCAA down when Robbie Hummel got injured and gone to the NIT so they would have had a winnable game.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

We have neither

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

At the time the decision was made, Magnum's status was not certain. The first I heard last Saturday it was thought that Magnum would possibly be ready to play by Thursday. Given the opportunity of a road game Tuesday vs Ole Miss without Magnum or a home game Thursday vs Southern Miss possibly with Magnum, I think I would have chosen the Thursday game.

We have a chance to win and advance in the CIT where we more than likely would have been one and done in the NIT. It was a calculated risk.

Headed for the game now to see the DAWGS.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

This can only lead to 1 of 2 conclusions: we are lying or we are stupid.

What's worse than getting beat by ole piss in oxford? Getting beat by southern miss in Ruston.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    This can only lead to 1 of 2 conclusions: we are lying or we are stupid.

What's worse than getting beat by ole piss in oxford? Getting beat by southern miss in Ruston.
    Well, let's just hope we beat Southern Miss........

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

KG is out with foot fractures also. Jackson and Bartlett get the starts.

+ Reply to Thread