+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We WERE invited to the NIT

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Re: We WERE invited to the NIT

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You don't decline a NIT invite for a ChIT for any reason....

Period..
    I couldn't agree more as well. The NIT is to determine the best of the also rans. Exactly what is the purpose of the CIT? Could it be to determine the best of the worst? It appears to be a waste of time and money.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Angry Re: We WERE invited to the NIT

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I couldn't agree more as well. The NIT is to determine the best of the also rans. Exactly what is the purpose of the CIT? Could it be to determine the best of the worst? It appears to be a waste of time and money.

If I were you, I wouldn't watch it! Obviously a waste of your time. Our problem is we have way too many fair weather fans!!! They are useless for support!

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg View Post
    If I were you, I wouldn't watch it! Obviously a waste of your time. Our problem is we have way too many fair weather fans!!! They are useless for support!
    From your user name may I assume that you live somewhere in Texas? If so, then it is easy for you to refer to another as a fair weather fan. Distance may well prevent you from attending any Tech games of anykind. If so, then may I express sincere regret on your situation. However, if you lived in Ruston, I am certain that you would attend all Tech games--both men and women.

I live in Ruston. I attended every Bulldog and Lady Techster home game I can. I have done so for the past ten years providing that I was in town and physically able. I also attend just about all of the baseball games. I would attend the football games (did so for years), but since all the parking is now taken by the high rollers, and there is no deference given to senior citizens with less than desirable health (but unable to qualify for a handicap designation), I am not willing to walk the distances now required. So let the record show that I am a loyal Tech fan.

Suppose Tech won the CIT. Where would you hang the banner? It would not seem appropriate to me to hang it next to an NCAA or NIT banner. Again I think that this tournament is seeking the best of the worst. It reminds me of tee-ball where everyone gets a trophy. So it appears to be a waste of time to me.

If it is true that the teams have to pay to play in the CIT, then it is a gross waste of Tech"s money.

WE DO AGREE ON ONE THING. I CHOSE TO STAY AT HOME FOR THIS ONE.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I think that this tournament is seeking the best of the worst. It reminds me of tee-ball where everyone gets a trophy.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Small minded thinking if we turned down the NIT invite. Is JO back in charge now???

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And while I don't agree with this staff alot of the time -

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT they declined an offer from the NIT, especially based on some quotes that Rupp has made concerning the upcoming game...
    That would be crazy to play in a game that no one cares about and decline an NIT bid. I agree - this makes no sense. I can't imagine that happened.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Small minded thinking if we turned down the NIT invite. Is JO back in charge now???
    Guys, I am in no way saying JO is back, however, we must demand better NOW by BVDV! This is not Louisiana Tech. This is three steps back. I am really upset if this did happen!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I don't know everything and I certainly don't hear everything, but I have not heard this anywhere but here. Not one of my informers has heard this. However, I do know that BBB is never wrong, so...

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

This did NOT happen. This needs to go away so instead of discussing why we hate some decision that was NOT made, we can celebrate another win.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Any reason for Tech to keep this a secret?
    you really had to ask this? everything is a secret in ruston

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone noticed that Martians landed and have taken over the brains of posters on BBB.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

No we really turned this down.. i have also heard from sources that I would lean to trust.

Whether I like this or not..it enabled us to play another home game and considering I got to see us win one more time as a student. I'm ok wiith it.

Lets let the AD do his job and win the CIT in the process..who cares if nobody has heard of it

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dominion wins inaugural CollegeInsider.com tournament in 2009

now look how well they are doing, they won thier NCAA opening game today! i mean there are what? 347 NCAA teams and we finished with an rpi in the mid 70's and made the post-season while around 240 teams are sitting at home!! (including all other Louisiana teams) (program rebuilding takes a little time)

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

I repeat...this did NOT happen. We DID NOT turn down the NIT.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    I repeat...this did NOT happen. We DID NOT turn down the NIT.
    well, could an admin change the name of this thread? there is decent discussion here, nothing really pit worthy, but title is FALSE information!

+ Reply to Thread