+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next Year...speculations

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Next Year...speculations

D. Redding- next year he will need to average double digits and crash the boards like he did tonight

DeAndre- needs to drop the 25 ft bank 3 from his arsenal and pick up a few more assists. None the less the dude can score and create opportunities with good passing

Bartlett- we know what he does. D's up like none other and can score close to the rim sometime. Needs to develop some type of mid to outside game

Olu- a little more control of his dribbling...playing wiith the same intensity and toughness he has now. This guy is a 6'9 guy trapped in a 6'5 body. He is a physical freak and creates a new highlight reel every night with amazing dunks and power crashing the boards.

Tevin Hall- how about that steal...looks like he could improve and be a good player

Olverson- works so hard.. great block above the rim. wish god would have blessed him with a little more coordination.

Brandon Gibson- ?? Pretty sure he will be a solid player

Rake- dont know much about him

Im forgetting a few guys i know..and of course the new players but I will leave it up to others to talk about them

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Next Year...speculations

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    D. Redding- next year he will need to average double digits and crash the boards like he did tonight

DeAndre- needs to drop the 25 ft bank 3 from his arsenal and pick up a few more assists. None the less the dude can score and create opportunities with good passing

Bartlett- we know what he does. D's up like none other and can score close to the rim sometime. Needs to develop some type of mid to outside game

Olu- a little more control of his dribbling...playing wiith the same intensity and toughness he has now. This guy is a 6'9 guy trapped in a 6'5 body. He is a physical freak and creates a new highlight reel every night with amazing dunks and power crashing the boards.

Tevin Hall- how about that steal...looks like he could improve and be a good player

Olverson- works so hard.. great block above the rim. wish god would have blessed him with a little more coordination.

Brandon Gibson- ?? Pretty sure he will be a solid player

Rake- dont know much about him

Im forgetting a few guys i know..and of course the new players but I will leave it up to others to talk about them
    these guys attack the rim with a purpose! I saw a dunk attempt last home game (senior night) when Redding was about to lauch for a huge dunk but got hammered then wrapped up. it was refreshing to see these two guys play with energy!

And do we even need to discuss how much fun it is to watch Olu dunk!

my wish for next year or as soon as it would be possible, is to upgrade the A/V equipment at the TAC for better camera angles and broadcast quality. may this would entice more espn exposure or at least regional tv showings. I mean, Olu's dunks tonight dont really have a chance of making top 10 because of the ghetto-ness in which they are caught on film.

while im making a wish list, does anyone know about the chances of getting new video board in the TAC?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I've never seen a guy attack the rim like Olu. His biggest problem is that when he gets doubled, he lets frustration set in and takes some stupid fouls when trying to force plays. He also needs to embrace blocking out. Rebounding is a tool that will get you into pro ball. Even if you are a small forward in the NBA, you need to be able to block out. I think those are 2 areas we will see him improve either for his junior year or senior year and that will make him a much bigger threat for us. I also want to see Olu become a better passer and develop more of an outside shot. Those 2 things alone will make it harder to just double Olu in the paint.

Darrius has been growing up in front of our eyes all season. I don't know if his coach still checks this board but he should be proud. I don't know how many times last night Darrius bailed us out on a bad pass. He really doesn't take too many jump shots so I can't compare his shooting early in the season to now but anytime you get your shot better, the more dangerous you become. If he could start shooting better, he could be better than KG. Oh and he must have grown some more height during the season. He's gotta be close to 6'5 right now. He is about as tall as Olu.

DeAndre Brown still is forcing shots and passes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I kind of like his "gunslinger" mentality as it means the other team has to be ready for anything. But next year I hope he plays with more control.

Anson probably won't be anything more than a defensive player. Not a problem with that. He's the exact type of player we need as a walk on. I expect it to be harder to get on the floor next year with more depth but his defense might just do that.

Shawn Oliverson shows some monster ability at times but other times looks like he's trying to play with no hands. His block in the first half was huge. That started to wake everyone up. And then when he pulled down the defensive board and started throwing the elbows got us all up again. If he could do that kind of play for 15 minutes a game then we would have a solid defensive center. But he should have had 2 more fouls last night on attempted blocks and numerous times let rebounds get away from him. I have faith that the coaches will progress Shawn but I also know his offensive game will probably be non-existent.

Tevin Hall was one of my favorite players last night. Like Anson he showed good defensive ability. I've never seen the kid take a jump shot though. I feel comfortable with him being a back up point guard next year. And if his minutes decrease next year, that doesn't say as much about Tevin as it does how good Holton is.

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I've never seen a guy attack the rim like Olu. His biggest problem is that when he gets doubled, he lets frustration set in and takes some stupid fouls when trying to force plays. He also needs to embrace blocking out. Rebounding is a tool that will get you into pro ball. Even if you are a small forward in the NBA, you need to be able to block out. I think those are 2 areas we will see him improve either for his junior year or senior year and that will make him a much bigger threat for us. I also want to see Olu become a better passer and develop more of an outside shot. Those 2 things alone will make it harder to just double Olu in the paint.

Darrius has been growing up in front of our eyes all season. I don't know if his coach still checks this board but he should be proud. I don't know how many times last night Darrius bailed us out on a bad pass. He really doesn't take too many jump shots so I can't compare his shooting early in the season to now but anytime you get your shot better, the more dangerous you become. If he could start shooting better, he could be better than KG. Oh and he must have grown some more height during the season. He's gotta be close to 6'5 right now. He is about as tall as Olu.

DeAndre Brown still is forcing shots and passes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I kind of like his "gunslinger" mentality as it means the other team has to be ready for anything. But next year I hope he plays with more control.

Anson probably won't be anything more than a defensive player. Not a problem with that. He's the exact type of player we need as a walk on. I expect it to be harder to get on the floor next year with more depth but his defense might just do that.

Shawn Oliverson shows some monster ability at times but other times looks like he's trying to play with no hands. His block in the first half was huge. That started to wake everyone up. And then when he pulled down the defensive board and started throwing the elbows got us all up again. If he could do that kind of play for 15 minutes a game then we would have a solid defensive center. But he should have had 2 more fouls last night on attempted blocks and numerous times let rebounds get away from him. I have faith that the coaches will progress Shawn but I also know his offensive game will probably be non-existent.

Tevin Hall was one of my favorite players last night. Like Anson he showed good defensive ability. I've never seen the kid take a jump shot though. I feel comfortable with him being a back up point guard next year. And if his minutes decrease next year, that doesn't say as much about Tevin as it does how good Holton is.

He has the best three point percentage on the team 100% 1 for 1 lol:icon_wink:. But he has a good strooke and is capable of making the midrange and 3 pointer

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    this year, we played a 7- or 8-man rotation. we lose 4 of those guys in kg, mag, guyton and jackson. how do you think next year we are going to have more depth? i'm just not seeing it. you have to think that redding will play more minutes, and gibson should be back in the rotation. you add josh brown and holton hunsaker to go with deandre and ace. we do have some bodies on the perimeter. but the only one of those guys who has earned anything right now is deandre. there are a lot of minutes available for ace if he can continue to work hard and improve.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    this year, we played a 7- or 8-man rotation. we lose 4 of those guys in kg, mag, guyton and jackson. how do you think next year we are going to have more depth? i'm just not seeing it. you have to think that redding will play more minutes, and gibson should be back in the rotation. you add josh brown and holton hunsaker to go with deandre and ace. we do have some bodies on the perimeter. but the only one of those guys who has earned anything right now is deandre. there are a lot of minutes available for ace if he can continue to work hard and improve.
    We have 4 more scholarships to fill. I'm expecting 2 more guards. Maybe just 1 now with the new guy on the bench.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Where is Tevin Hall from? I don't remember hearing much about him.

Nevermind, found it. Bossier High. Still don't remember recruiting him, but he is local so that is good. Right?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    Where is Tevin Hall from? I don't remember hearing much about him.

Nevermind, found it. Bossier High. Still don't remember recruiting him, but he is local so that is good. Right?
    I believe he made the team after Rupp had open tryouts for Tech students.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I believe he made the team after Rupp had open tryouts for Tech students.
    Rupp new about him from before. Came to camp.

+ Reply to Thread