+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WAC Attendance Figures

Puppy EE_Dawg is an unknown EE_Dawg's Avatar

WAC Attendance Figures

The WAC not the least attended conference in football ... taste our hotness, Sun Belt!

Tech, Boise and Utah St. were only WAC teams to increase attendance from the previous year. We averaged 20,000 in attendance during the 2009 season. Bad for the WAC, but I am glad to see our average attendance up. Yet another reason to switch to CUSA.

http://www.obnug.com/2010/2/23/13227...es-plateau-for

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats...dance/2009.pdf

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Re: WAC Attendance Figures

What is the point in taunting the Sun Belt? Eyes on a bigger prize, my friend.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9 View Post
    I agree......... We all know about the belt and most of us don't care one little bit........ We need to keep growing this fan base and increase our attendance every year. CUSA will get us the attendance by bringing fans to our games (except for Tulane and our experience with SMU not bringing anyone). The others will help. Plus, our fans will get up for the regional rivalries.

That is....... unless we get in the B12!

Puppy EE_Dawg is an unknown EE_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree......... We all know about the belt and most of us don't care one little bit........ We need to keep growing this fan base and increase our attendance every year. CUSA will get us the attendance by bringing fans to our games (except for Tulane and our experience with SMU not bringing anyone). The others will help. Plus, our fans will get up for the regional rivalries.

That is....... unless we get in the B12!
    I wasn't meaning to taunt the Sun Belt, just pointing out where we stand compared to the other conferences and that we are growing the fan base. I hope that the coming Southern Miss and Houston games bring a lot of fans from the opposing teams and I really hope Tech fans take the opportunity to travel to these closer away games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9 View Post
    What's the harm? This is not a social function.:icon_wink:

E.E., as you know we are playing USM and Houston to build our own fan base not because of the number of fans they will bring to boost our attendance.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EE_Dawg View Post
    The WAC not the least attended conference in football ... taste our hotness, Sun Belt!

Tech, Boise and Utah St. were only WAC teams to increase attendance from the previous year. We averaged 20,000 in attendance during the 2009 season. Bad for the WAC, but I am glad to see our average attendance up. Yet another reason to switch to CUSA.

http://www.obnug.com/2010/2/23/13227...es-plateau-for

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats...dance/2009.pdf
    How does Tulane get a way with lying to that degree. They have their average at 25,000 . . . I bet they didn't have one game with 20,000 the entire season.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    How does Tulane get a way with lying to that degree. They have their average at 25,000 . . . I bet they didn't have one game with 20,000 the entire season.
    or 5000

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone on the inside know what our actual # was. I am sure it wasn't exactly 20,000. My guess is that we rounded up some.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

EE just copied and pasted what the author of the article wrote. He wasn't the one making the remark about the Sunbelt. The author was a Boise St. fan.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Does anyone on the inside know what our actual # was. I am sure it wasn't exactly 20,000. My guess is that we rounded up some.
    So what is your guess? 15? 19?

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I'm guessing we were closer to 18k....but I agree with whoever asked about Tulane. No way they managed 25k average for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    I'm guessing we were closer to 18k....but I agree with whoever asked about Tulane. No way they managed 25k average for the year.
    I was guessing closer to 22k.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    EE just copied and pasted what the author of the article wrote. He wasn't the one making the remark about the Sunbelt. The author was a Boise St. fan.
    I understand they want to pack out their stadium, but if you have season tickets, live hours away and you're playing 1AA Cal poly, um, not everyones going to show up... yes of course id try, but you all of of any game to miss, that'd be it... I think that author needs a reality check, and personally id add more seats than that.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So what is your guess? 15? 19?
    My guess would be that we averaged a little over 19,500 and rounded up for the sake of non ticket holding toddlers.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

This board LOVES to speculate about attendance, haha! The Boise guy does need to lighten up. We all saw how many tigger fans showed up when we rolled into Baton Rouge, and we sure aren't FCS Cal-Poly or whatever. That's comparing LSUseless to Boise, so they need to just chill out. Not every game is going to fill the stadium 100%. I agree too that I'd have added more seats to Bronco Stadium than 1,500.

Our attendance is going to be great this year!

+ Reply to Thread