+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WAC Attendance Figures

Varsity Bulldog PTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the rough PTDAWG's Avatar

Re: WAC Attendance Figures

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Does anyone on the inside know what our actual # was. I am sure it wasn't exactly 20,000. My guess is that we rounded up some.
    I know the first 4 games were pretty accurate in actual count. Through the first 4 we were averaging around 21,500. The last game we had a legit 14-15K. But they announced a number around 18K to get the overall season average to 20K even.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

our attendance is fourth in a nine team league. ruston (and moscow, idaho) are by far the two smallest towns in the league, so our per capita attendance is strong. and it coud be better with that schedule next year. we are slowly getting there.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Boise St-23,240; Hawaii-21,263; NMSt-20,773; Nicholls St-19,400; SJSU-15,324: Total 100,000, Avg 20,000. The even # of 100,000 is just one of those odd happenings. These stats came from each post game stats page.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...otbl-2009.html

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    Boise St-23,240; Hawaii-21,263; NMSt-20,773; Nicholls St-19,400; SJSU-15,324: Total 100,000, Avg 20,000. The even # of 100,000 is just one of those odd happenings. These stats came from each post game stats page.

Thankyou! Now if the attendance nazis want to pick these numbers apart, they might get us down to an average of 19,750.:icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    our attendance is fourth in a nine team league. ruston (and moscow, idaho) are by far the two smallest towns in the league, so our per capita attendance is strong. and it coud be better with that schedule next year. we are slowly getting there.
    bump

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Thankyou! Now if the attendance nazis want to pick these numbers apart, they might get us down to an average of 19,750.:icon_wink:
    Exactly. I'll take that 20,000 all day long and I do believe it was a real butts in the seats number.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly. I'll take that 20,000 all day long and I do believe it was a real butts in the seats number.
    Nope - afraid that we don't have all the kinks worked out of the scanning system even after a full year...

However, we were up a good 1,500 to 2,000 per game over the previous year
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Nope - afraid that we don't have all the kinks worked out of the scanning system even after a full year...

However, we were up a good 1,500 to 2,000 per game over the previous year

Like I said, I'll take that all day long!
    And you know what DWAYNE??? TECH INCREASED ATTENDANCE BY 10.89% which killed every other university in the WAC. And that's during a "recession" in population poor N.Louisiana. EVERY OTHER WAC team actually LOST ATTENDANCE except BSU which gained by 1.5%.
    http://www.obnug.com/2010/2/23/13227...es-plateau-for

LOUISIANA TECH WINS AGAIN!! We have a long way to go but we are growing in numbers and folks that care and want to be in Ruston on a Thur., Friday or Saturday and make it the "place to be" and that's what matters, even in the accounting field.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 03-21-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    How does Tulane get a way with lying to that degree. They have their average at 25,000 . . . I bet they didn't have one game with 20,000 the entire season.
    I bet they sold some corportate advertising and with each contract, they provided 500 or more tickets to each home contest. Throw in ten deals with Cox, Chase Bank, etc... and then you have 5,000 or so empty seats with the number being inflated by that same number as it will be listed as "tickets distributed/sold".

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

An odd happening? Come on, that last att. was made up to get us to 100,000 total and 20,000 average.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    An odd happening? Come on, that last att. was made up to get us to 100,000 total and 20,000 average.
    If I were to make something up, i would have made it up to go just over the 100,000 and 20,000 number. That way it wouldn't look suspicious - not that I've ever put much thought into deceit or lying!

Puppy EE_Dawg is an unknown EE_Dawg's Avatar

Like I said, I'll take that all day long!
    And you know what DWAYNE??? TECH INCREASED ATTENDANCE BY 10.89% which killed every other university in the WAC. And that's during a "recession" in population poor N.Louisiana. EVERY OTHER WAC team actually LOST ATTENDANCE except BSU which gained by 1.5%.
    http://www.obnug.com/2010/2/23/13227...es-plateau-for

LOUISIANA TECH WINS AGAIN!! We have a long way to go but we are growing in numbers and folks that care and want to be in Ruston on a Thur., Friday or Saturday and make it the "place to be" and that's what matters, even in the accounting field.
    All good points. And if you consider that there are only 11k students at Tech and the city's population is only about 21k, an average of 20k in attendance with all the televised games we had last season is not too bad. I think we are on the right track and this year will be even better. I just hope Sonny is as good at getting fans to the games as Dooley was.

Puppy EE_Dawg is an unknown EE_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    What's the harm? This is not a social function.:icon_wink:

E.E., as you know we are playing USM and Houston to build our own fan base not because of the number of fans they will bring to boost our attendance.
    It's a win-win as I see it

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

This year, we don't have any mid-week games or much TV to compete with either, so our attendance should be even better. What'd really make me happy is if our team is doing well enough that people actually come to that Nevada game at the end of the season, instead of us having that huge drop-off in attendance that we usually have then.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    This year, we don't have any mid-week games or much TV to compete with either, so our attendance should be even better. What'd really make me happy is if our team is doing well enough that people actually come to that Nevada game at the end of the season, instead of us having that huge drop-off in attendance that we usually have then.
    Winning is all that it will take.

+ Reply to Thread