+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Game Day - Louisiana Tech vs Florida State 2:30 EST

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Game Day - Louisiana Tech vs Florida State 2:30 EST

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Have you been in there listening to them??? LMAO
    We sit one section to the left of you. I don't hear much, but I see the reaction. Our 2 sections combined are pretty brutal. During a time out against Southern Miss, this lady next to us was explaining to the ref how she completely understands why the NCAA tournament won't let him work for them. He was staring straight at her with a look of total shock. Did you have to leave early, or were you invited to leave that game?

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BS1994TECH View Post
    Agree but only problem is Tech really cannot complain when Tech was great we used to get the 1st round in Ruston every year and I am sure that certainly helped in getting to all those sweet sixteens and final fours.
    Don't forget we are the host team next year in Shreveport. Very important that we return to the tournament again next year.

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

Frown Re: Game Day - Louisiana Tech vs Florida State 2:30 EST

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We sit one section to the left of you. I don't hear much, but I see the reaction. Our 2 sections combined are pretty brutal. During a time out against Southern Miss, this lady next to us was explaining to the ref how she completely understands why the NCAA tournament won't let him work for them. He was staring straight at her with a look of total shock. Did you have to leave early, or were you invited to leave that game?

I had to go work, couldn't get out of it. I'm sure the stinky chicken was glad I left though. lmao

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Let's start with the positives: For one half, the Techsters played like Techsters. There were momentary lapses in the first half, but they showed the potential to be in the mix again.

Respect was earned today, not on the scale I'd hoped to see, but it was still a great showing by a team that few outside of Techster fans thought would even be a game.

Spoon is to be commended for motivating this team. It took longer than expected, but seeing the signs of life in the program was inspiring.

In my opinion, until we as fans stop complaining about and blaming the refs for almost every loss experienced, we will continue to dwell in mediocrity. Major programs take their wins and losses responsibly. They own their weaknesses, and do not exaggerating their strengths.

The WAC doesn't "have it out" for Tech in any way. That is ridiculous conversation. Refs don't have it out for the Techsters. If anything, the WBB world is WELCOMING the Techsters back to the mix.

With Spoon's leadership I expect the program to once again become great. I don't expect NC's, but if (when?) they come, it will be a remarkable achievement. I don't expect complete domination as in the 80's. But I do expect Spoon to produce like I would any other coach in her position.

This was, for the most part, a great showing for the program today. It was also, unfortunately, a chance to show we are back and can play with the best, and our weaknesses were exposed near the end. In my opinion, this return to the dance will create exposure but not a major return. That said, the return will be seen, again in my opinion, in that our younger players now KNOW what it's like to WIN a tourney championship, and to be a part of the NCAA tourney. That is a great thing, and that, if nothing else, will be instrumental in continuing the onward and upward direction for the program.

Congrats Techsters. You may have fallen short of a complete performance today, but you went where the program has not gone in three years, and you laid the groundwork for next season.

Varsity Bulldog cgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I was thinking this against Fresno St, but then started thinking because of the end of the game I was wrong, but now I know it's right, this is NOT a conditioned team. As much as I love 'spoon and am greatful she is there, conditioning needs to be a huge part of next season

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by cgraves562 View Post
    I was thinking this against Fresno St, but then started thinking because of the end of the game I was wrong, but now I know it's right, this is NOT a conditioned team. As much as I love 'spoon and am greatful she is there, conditioning needs to be a huge part of next season
    FSU played many, many more players than we did. Even the best conditioned 6 or 7 players are going to look winded against a full roster.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cgraves562 View Post
    I didn't see what you saw. I thought the girls played hard to the very end. We just don't have the depth that we need.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

I'm glad Dowdell had another fine game but it wasn't enough. I wish we could have gotten over trhe hump when we closed the lead to 65-61 FSU.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Got to watch the game at a friend of a friend's house in Slidell. Room filled with folks, with no direct connection to Tech, who quickly were rooting for the Techsters. Many saying it was good to see them Dancing again.

Two things:

1) that so-called charge on Dowdell, for her third, was bogus. Horrible call, and it changed the complexion of the game.

2) what I feared, happened...we suck at guard.

See ya next year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Got to watch the game at a friend of a friend's house in Slidell. Room filled with folks, with no direct connection to Tech, who quickly were rooting for the Techsters. Many saying it was good to see them Dancing again.

Two things:

1) that so-called charge on Dowdell, for her third, was bogus. Horrible call, and it changed the complexion of the game.

2) what I feared, happened...we suck at guard.

See ya next year.
    Yeah, Dowdell got screwed on that call. I am still SO proud of the way she played.

Our guards have been hitting many of those shots this year, but we were stone cold from the outside in the last 5 minutes. With Johnson and Dowdell out of the game, our guards had to step up. The shots didn't fall, though.... It is a shame, because I have seen Jones, Thomas, Pringle, and Bendolf hit those. Anyway, awesome year and we will build off of this.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to the Techsters for a good year and a return to the dance. On the note of prejudice against La Tech in WBB, I think that now that we are coached by T-spoon, a female coach, rather than Leon, a male coach, that much of the prejudice has disappeared. Just my feelings from back then and now.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

just watching the replay of the game and it looks like Dowdell got screwed on the first three fouls. What were the first two for anyway. They should have let those two bigs fight for possesion. I mean this is the tournament for gods sake

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    Congrats to the Techsters for a good year and a return to the dance. On the note of prejudice against La Tech in WBB, I think that now that we are coached by T-spoon, a female coach, rather than Leon, a male coach, that much of the prejudice has disappeared. Just my feelings from back then and now.

I suspect some truth in that as well. We have been receiving a lot more love from announcers than we used to get. I am not sure it is because they are happy to see us coming back or because of the female coach thing. I think there is so much respect for Spoon that we just reap the benefit. Whatever the reason I feel we have received a lot of positive comments from announcers.

+ Reply to Thread