+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Iowa Knocks Off

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Northern Iowa Knocks Off

#1 overall seed Kansas.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Northern Iowa Knocks Off

Yeah, but that is the ugliest bunch of guys I have ever seen.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

That little white guy can shoot though!

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

When you lead the entire game except for an initial 2-0 deficit, that is complete domination!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    When you lead the entire game except for an initial 2-0 deficit, that is complete domination!
    Not really. Don't get me wrong, it is very impressive to lead the entire game. But the game was fairly back and forth despite the fact that Kansas was never able to be on top on the score.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Imagine how many brackets that just screwed up, including mine.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, but when 90% of people have Kansas winning, it really doesn't hurt those who had them going all the way.

It just really helps any strange brackets that didn't have kansas winning much.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Yeah, but that is the ugliest bunch of guys I have ever seen.
    Just a bunch of Iowa farm boys that like to play a little basketball. 8 of the players on their roster are from Iowa and the rest are from bordering states. I bet a lot of their players came from small rural schools and weren't recruited by any other schools. Most of them had to work on the farm and couldn't participate in AAU ball like a lot of kids do in the summer. It would be great if Northern Iowa could make it to the final 4. I will be pulling for them.
    Last edited by DONW; 03-21-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

I'm loving the fact that I didn't fill out a bracket.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I wonder where their coach will be next season?

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Just a bunch of Iowa farm boys that like to play a little basketball. 8 of the players on their roster are from Iowa and the rest are from bordering states. I bet a lot of their players came from small rural schools and weren't recruited by any other schools. Most of them had to work on the farm and couldn't participate in AAU ball like a lot of kids do in the summer. It would be great if Northern Iowa could make it to the final 4. I will be pulling for them.
    I'll be pulling for them too! I loved that they knocked off the big guys! Just shows how ridiculous some of the seedings are. They should draw names out of a hat to fill the brackets -- and the best teams will win out.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Teamwork and coaching can take a moderately talented team far.

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    I'll be pulling for them too! I loved that they knocked off the big guys! Just shows how ridiculous some of the seedings are. They should draw names out of a hat to fill the brackets -- and the best teams will win out.
    I read a commentary in the newspaper last week that said there are no upsets in the NCAA tournament, just bad seedings.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Teamwork and coaching can take a moderately talented team far.
    I'm sure most of the people on this board would say that these Northern Iowa farm boys aren't good enough athletes to play for Tech. They may not be great athletes to some, but, they're great basketball players and very coachable. Of course Kevin McHale and Larry Bird weren't "great athletes" either.

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

Wink Re: Northern Iowa Knocks Off

I'm sure most of the people on this board would say that these Northern Iowa farm boys aren't good enough athletes to play for Tech. They may not be great athletes to some, but, they're great basketball players and very coachable. Of course Kevin McHale and Larry Bird weren't "great athletes" either.

It's called heart, those two didn't just practice with the team they always practiced their shooting on their own time. They weren't out whoring around and bar hopping. They lived for the game.

+ Reply to Thread