+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incentive to purchase Health Ins.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Incentive to purchase Health Ins.

Is now gone.

A family or individual now paying for a plan can just say screw it. Now that pre-existing conditions are covered they'll be better off financially to pay the govt. fine, wait for one of the family members to become sick, then purchase a plan.

I've been screaming this from the beginning. This was not about making health care better. It was about government control.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Incentive to purchase Health Ins.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Is now gone.

A family or individual now paying for a plan can just say screw it. Now that pre-existing conditions are covered they'll be better off financially to pay the govt. fine, wait for one of the family members to become sick, then purchase a plan.

I've been screaming this from the beginning. This was not about making health care better. It was about government control.
    And it's going to get worse. It's time to scrap the fed gov and start over. If we don't, we will be The Fall of the Roman Empire, episode II.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Pshhhh...but health care is a right.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Had no problem with getting pre-existing conditions covered (mostly because that will be the boat I'm in when I get my own insurance), but I should be paying a slightly higher fee. Seems pretty simple to me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Had no problem with getting pre-existing conditions covered (mostly because that will be the boat I'm in when I get my own insurance), but I should be paying a slightly higher fee. Seems pretty simple to me.
    Tha's not insurance.

Check with your auto insurance folks. See if they will allow you to purchase insurance after you have a wreck.

This bill caps premium increases, but has infinite claims potential.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

The scary thing is that I was considering dropping my health insurance in order to pay other bills ... you know, because the economy sucks. Now I am having a carrot dangled in front of me by the federal government that actually encourages this. The financial aspects of this system will prove untenable in the short term.

This plan will be the gift that keeps on giving for Democrats. When they should be crucified for its failures what will happen long term is that they will want to increase funding to compensate for its failures and blame Republicans for being the callous asses that won't fund taking care of a dying child. It is nothing but a serial disaster demanding government funding to correct and increased taxes and other revenue streams to ensure that happens.

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

Tha's not insurance.

Check with your auto insurance folks. See if they will allow you to purchase insurance after you have a wreck.

It did, unitl that part of the bill was dropped in the 11th hour.(accordding to fox news this morning)

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    The scary thing is that I was considering dropping my health insurance in order to pay other bills ... you know, because the economy sucks. Now I am having a carrot dangled in front of me by the federal government that actually encourages this. The financial aspects of this system will prove untenable in the short term.
    You and millions of other families. When healthy families begin to do this, the remaining pool will be filled with sick folks. Insurance will go up the the maximum allowed by the bill causing the remaining healthy folks to bail out. Thus, they have what they wanted all along... Total control of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    It did, unitl that part of the bill was dropped in the 11th hour.(accordding to fox news this morning)
    Interesting. I guess we'll see soon enough. This was one of their proudest talking points thoughout the day yesterday.

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

Interesting. I guess we'll see soon enough. This was one of their proudest talking points thoughout the day yesterday.
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/4118676/w...se-the-deficit

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Tha's not insurance.

How isn't it? It's a pretty large encompassing term of several things, I know. But why should someone be denied insurance because they had their arm pulled out of it's socket when they were 6 or for having a skin condition no one k ows anything about because of how rare it is (when they're in generally good health otherwise)?

Had 2 wrecks, 1 major and 1 fender-bender, still got increased insurance and then got insurance on my own.

Claims should never be limited if you're paying.

Is there anything that says how much the fine will be if you don't have insurance?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Is there anything that says how much the fine will be if you don't have insurance?
    I thought it was $600 or something like that.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I thought it was $600 or something like that.

I'm sure the fines ultimately will be graduated based upon your income.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I thought it was 2% of your income

+ Reply to Thread