At first glance at the 2010 schedule, the two names that pop out are the ever-lurking Boise State and Texas A&M.

We haven't ever beaten A&M, and we haven't played since '06. At first, I thought this was a sure blow-out road money game.

Now I'm not so sure. They went 6-7 last year and had some pretty bad games. They have the same problems in the spread that Texas and Florida have: fast quarterbacks and no receivers to match. Therefore, the QBs are forced to rely on their legs. Hence the 100+ yds each QB scored in the Texas-Texas A&M game.

Our secondary was good last year and looks to improve under Dykes. That should hold Johnson to the ground, at least. But can the line and the LBs put enough pressure on him to prevent the QB scramble? Especially considering the loss of D'Anthony Smith.

A&M comes off of a 6-7 season that ended with a drubbing in the Indy Bowl to Georgia, 44-20.

Now, I think it's within the realm of possibility, with an improved defense and a consistent offense, to not only hold them down, but win. Perhaps not by much.

Our main problem is 4th qtr fatigue...as evidenced in last minute losses to Boise State and LSU last season. If we overcome that - there is no reason that we cannot beat A&M.

Also remember that Dykes has experience through Texas Tech of Big 12 football.

Thoughts? Am I shooting too high?