+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: vs. Texas A&M

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Re: vs. Texas A&M

Lets take it a step further:

-A&M's quarterback threw for 3,579 yards last year (against Big12 caliber competition).
    -He threw 30 Touchdowns against only 8 interceptions (seems like he can toss it a bit).
    -That offense averaged 465 yards per game.
    -281 yards per game PASSING...you know....through the air.
    -184 yards per game Rushing.
    -32 points per game against some decent quality athletes.
    -Their offense ranked #5 in the nation when it was said and done.

Their top three rushers were:
    -RB-- C. Michael (878 yards and 5.1 per carry)
    -RB-- C. Gray (784 yards and 4.8 per carry)
    -QB-- J. Johnson (759 yards)....so yes, he does a bit of scrambling.

Their top 4 WR's caught 40+ catches each....With 14 different players making receptions.
    The best two among them (Fuller and Freshman Nwachukwa) caught 7 and 6 touchdowns respectively. The freshman, Nwachukwa, hauled in 708 yards worth of catches at a clip of 17.7 yards per catch (he's fast). Both are over 6 foot tall, with Fuller going 6'4 and weighing about 220.

Bottomline: If you think they are one dimensional with nothing but a scrambling quarterback......you've missed the boat.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying they don't have receivers, no, not at all. And they do have great receivers. The matchup between QB and the deep field is just not what it could be.
    And if our corners are anything like last year, that window will be, if not closed, way less open.

There is a reason that Tebow, Johnson, and McCoy run so much. They're good at it, for one. For two, despite the talent in the WR corps, most of the time there's simply no one open. The QBs then fall into a rhythm of running without much passing.

Of course, it's hard to boil a QB's or WR's skill down to one thing. But that's the trend I've noticed.

In the case of the Big XII QBs, the defense is good but not to SEC level. Which is why Tebow throws more than they do.

But they ARE very good passers when they have a window. Which is why we have to shut down the air game as tight as we can.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Seems like a "pick your poison" type of game from my point of view.

A&M is a team that can toss it around, and a team with a scrambling QB, and a team with a pretty solid backfield of runners. I think you have to pick something and take it away and hope they don't make you pay for it.

One thing I'd do is blitz the living crap out of them. A&M replaces 3 starters on the O-line (center and two tackles) and may start a true freshman or redshirt freshman at the tackles this year. Our gameplan should be to terrorize those offensive tackles with overload blitzes early and often.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Our gameplan should be to terrorize those offensive tackles with overload blitzes early and often.
    Sounds good to me.

Maybe I sound too confident on my predictions :icon_wink:
    There are stats, then there are stats.
    I guess you could slice it any which way, and I'm probably being far too optimistic. But if you never dream high you'll never get anywhere.

Thanks for these stats tho. I obviously couldn't be bothered to look 'em up.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

The only aTm game I saw last year was vs Arkansas and they looked terrible. I knew at the time though that with a year running that offense that they would be better when we played them.

A team like aTm will usually only improve...
    One of our best developing weapons under Dykes is going to be the ability to create confusion. Dykes has never liked complication or heavy playbooks. We're getting faster, we're thinking faster, we're making play decision at the line.

His plan is to get in 85 plays per game. That would be the record if we could pull it off. Interestingly, last season, aTm was second fastest in the nation with 80 plays per game.

So we gotta outspeed 'em.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

someone may correct me if i'm wrong, but i think we used to get in around 85 plays per game back in the crowton/early bicknell days. clock rules have changed since then, so it's probably not easy to get that many in any more.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    someone may correct me if i'm wrong, but i think we used to get in around 85 plays per game back in the crowton/early bicknell days. clock rules have changed since then, so it's probably not easy to get that many in any more.

I count 79 against Bama in '99.

Looks like around 77 in the OT game with Auburn.

Low 70s the week before that against Tulsa.

Broke 80 in the record setting game with Nebraska (68 passes!).

Oh. Here you can see the total number of offensive plays for each game in 2001. Averaged 75. Broke 80 three times.
    Last edited by inudesu; 03-31-2010 at 08:55 AM.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I count 79 against Bama in '99.

Looks like around 77 in the OT game with Auburn.

Low 70s the week before that against Tulsa.

Broke 80 in the record setting game with Nebraska (68 passes!).

Oh. Here you can see the total number of offensive plays for each game in 2001. Averaged 75. Broke 80 three times.
    that's actually 71 pass plays against nebraska if you include the sacks.

based on this information, i'm guessing 85 plays in a game would not be a record. we were faster with rattay in '98 and '99 than we were in '01 (79 plays against 'bama and 82 against nebraska and they were both clock-killing running teams).

Varsity Bulldog MoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the rough

We are going to beat A&M and I am going to dog my friend Jonathan Stewart who is a starting linebacker until he cant take it anymore. He should have signed with us and I will make him regret not doing it.

Puppy saturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the ears

I am most excited about this game right now. To go to Kyle Field and win would be a huge start and would set the tone for the entire season.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaynightlivas View Post
    I am most excited about this game right now. To go to Kyle Field and win would be a huge start and would set the tone for the entire season.
    I think the Bulldogs will have more fan support at this game than they have had at any away game (S'port is not away) than they have eperienced in a long time. We will be there to support you guys...probably more fans than the last LSpoo game.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Me and my bunch making the trip also.

Puppy saturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    I think the Bulldogs will have more fan support at this game than they have had at any away game (S'port is not away) than they have eperienced in a long time. We will be there to support you guys...probably more fans than the last LSpoo game.
    Appreciate that!

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Regardless of whether or not we win the football game (I like our chances), I promise we will beat them at partying/tailgating/drinking.

+ Reply to Thread