+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: vs. Texas A&M

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: vs. Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think we lost to LSU and Boise State last year b/c of lack of offensive innovation. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict our offense will be improved next season.
    COUGH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOwYHIolHg

When we were the underdog, our offense was very innovative IMO. When we were expected to win, I think DD got obsessed with dominating the lines.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

A&M shot themselves in the foot ALOT last year - especially in the I-Bowl

They are very talented on the offensive side of the ball and we are going to have to score 35 to 40 points to beat them...

They are a AQ team and have AQ talent - it will be tough
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    I really wish we were playing last year's A&M team with this year's Tech team.

Right! It always seems like we catch teams like this who are on their way back up and they end up having a good year.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Right! It always seems like we catch teams like this who are on their way back up and they end up having a good year.
    Auburn.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Kansas

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Kansas
    Kansas? Is that a joke? They finished 5-7 last season and 8-5 in 2008 I'd say that's a decline.

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Kansas? Is that a joke? They finished 5-7 last season and 8-5 in 2008 I'd say that's a decline.
    I believe he was referring to when we played them in 2008

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

I think we definetly have the talent to step in A&M and get the win. All of our WR's should be able to create seperation and the O Line is experienced enough in big games to not be intimidated. A&M breaks in a new OC and DC this year, so I like our chances at week 2 with those new coaches having the inclined pressure to win early for the A&M faithful. Johnson is going to be tough, but I think our D has the overall speed to hold him in check. Our LBs are very fast and run sideline to sideline as good as Ive seen. I think the only disadvantage would be if we go into the game with an inexperienced QB to be honest. If Ross is able to get back and make some plays by the end of spring and into camp, I see no reason to throw our RS Fr QB into a hostile atmosphere week 2 into the season. Ross has the experience and the game completely slows down by your senior year, as opposed to everyone running 100 mph your Fr. year.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    I think we definetly have the talent to step in A&M and get the win. All of our WR's should be able to create seperation and the O Line is experienced enough in big games to not be intimidated. A&M breaks in a new OC and DC this year, so I like our chances at week 2 with those new coaches having the inclined pressure to win early for the A&M faithful. Johnson is going to be tough, but I think our D has the overall speed to hold him in check. Our LBs are very fast and run sideline to sideline as good as Ive seen. I think the only disadvantage would be if we go into the game with an inexperienced QB to be honest. If Ross is able to get back and make some plays by the end of spring and into camp, I see no reason to throw our RS Fr QB into a hostile atmosphere week 2 into the season. Ross has the experience and the game completely slows down by your senior year, as opposed to everyone running 100 mph your Fr. year.

If Ross wins the starting spot outright, then I'll definitely support him 100%. He should not get the spot just because he is a senior and has experience.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    If Ross wins the starting spot outright, then I'll definitely support him 100%. He should not get the spot just because he is a senior and has experience.
    I concur. Thats why I stated he has to make the plays at the end of spring and camp.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Try to keep up:icon_wink:.

In 2007 when we found out that Jim Oakes had turned down a home and home with Kansas they had gone 7-5 in '05 and 6-6 in '06. We felt pretty good about the '08 game at the time. They went 12-1 in '07.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

ah. The Kansas fiasco. I had almost forgot... That Kansas beatdown still hurts, too.

I'm excited. We have more depth across the board than we've had in a long time, at least that I can remember.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    Ross has the experience and the game completely slows down by your senior year, as opposed to everyone running 100 mph your Fr. year.
    Let's not forget the DUI charge...we aren't the kind of team to pamper players simply because of skill. I do think he's the best we've got so far, but there's alot of trust to make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Let's not forget the DUI charge...we aren't the kind of team to pamper players simply because of skill. I do think he's the best we've got so far, but there's alot of trust to make up.
    I am sure that Ross will have the same opportunity to earn the starting spot that every other QB will be given. While I don't want Tech to be lenient with these kind of issues, the QB who gives us the best chance to win should be awarded the starting role, given that they've done the work to earn the position. Ross may have a steeper hill to climb than some of the others, but if he climbs it, he should be awarded.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. If he earns it after this, he deserves it.

We seem to play our best games when we are the underdogs. Auburn, Boise State, LSU. Everyone expected blowouts in those games, but look what happened. Even with the loss of many of our starters, we gave them a run for their money. All three of those games were lost in the 4th quarter. We even led LSU for the first time in school history.

If we'd played Nevada and Fresno like we played the top dogs, we might have had a few more wins.

+ Reply to Thread