+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boise St. preseason #1

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Boise St. preseason #1

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    We were ranked #25.........for a week!
    When was this?

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think we broke into the top 25 once, when we ended up in the Indy bowl. We lost the last regular season game that year and that knocked us out again. Am I wrong on that?
    We squeaked into the top 25 in 1999 for a week, then lost to USC. No bowl game that year with an 8-3 record and a win over the SEC champions.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    We squeaked into the top 25 in 1999 for a week, then lost to USC. No bowl game that year with an 8-3 record and a win over the SEC champions.

We didn't just kinda' lose to USC that year
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Les Miles is only useful when you're lookin' for a used car.

I have a very hard time thinking anything good about Boise State. I have reasons. Maybe I'm just a rabid Dawg like everyone else in these forums. But the Broncos come across to me like a bunch of whiners. Sorry.

My 2 cents: You got huge yardage against WAC defenses? Wow. Spare me the theatrics. Start beating some SEC defenses, then we'll see how good your O is.

After a non conference of getting beaten around by big 12 or SEC opponents, I would love to see how they do in the WAC.

Varsity Bulldog PTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the rough PTDAWG's Avatar

Correct. Lost to Florida St. and Tex A&M (S-Port) early. Beat Bama (Stallworth to Cangelosi) and ran off like 8 straight wins. Next to last week of season we were ranked #24 but lost the next week to USC and fell out.

Interesting sidenote: The week we got ranked was a bye week for us. Had a few in the polls to lose that week and we got in.

Varsity Bulldog PTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the rough PTDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    We didn't just kinda' lose to USC that year
    Yep, I was so disgusted with that game. Lost 45-19 if I remember. We scored 3 TD but went for 2 twice and didn't convert. I had never seen our receivers back then drop so many passes. I think they all had more drops in that single game than their entire career. Shame that it was Rattay's last game in a TECH uniform.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PTDAWG View Post
    Yep, I was so disgusted with that game. Lost 45-19 if I remember. We scored 3 TD but went for 2 twice and didn't convert. I had never seen our receivers back then drop so many passes. I think they all had more drops in that single game than their entire career. Shame that it was Rattay's last game in a TECH uniform.
    USC owned us the entire game. From Raytel fumbling to interceptions to just flat kickin' our butts. We scared the crap out of then #1 or #2 ranked Florida State at their house, for the 1st half anyway. We should have whipped TX AM here but some coach kept calling running plays when we were in the redzone (every stinking time and onece four in a row from 1st down to going for it on 4th) when we had the #1 passing QB in the nation
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Also, very, very close in 1997. Seems like we ended the regular season 27 or 28th with a 9-2 record, but with no bowl, fell out of the 'others receiving votes' by the final poll.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

We squeaked into the top 25 in 1999 for a week, then lost to USC.
    Squeakin' ain't gunna cut it.

If we make it in again, I predict ~#20. We have all the building blocks. We just need consistency to BUILD with the building blocks. DD laid the foundation for the road back to the Top 25, now SD is taking the wheel and driving this bus to a bowl.

Interesting fact: Sonny Dykes has been to a bowl game every single year since he entered coaching in 1999. I see no reason to break that trend this year.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PTDAWG View Post
    Correct. Lost to Florida St. and Tex A&M (S-Port) early. Beat Bama (Stallworth to Cangelosi) and ran off like 8 straight wins. Next to last week of season we were ranked #24 but lost the next week to USC and fell out.
    Future undefeated NC Florida State.

I think A&M was something like #6 when they came to Shreveport (finished the season in the twenties and at 8-4).

Beating us 45-19 got USC to 7-5, although one of those wins was a forfeited game that they actually lost on the field.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Interesting fact: Sonny Dykes has been to a bowl game every single year since he entered coaching in 1999. I see no reason to break that trend this year.
    Wasn't he with ULM for a year?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't he with ULM for a year?
    We are only worried about his D1 record, not his juco resume.:icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Tech's not ready for the top 25. Maybe in a few years, once Dykes settles into a rhythm. But we've never been ranked in the I-A, and I doubt we're ready for that kind of pressure just yet. We're not at that level.
    I thought we were ranked #25 in Rattay's last year the week before USC tore us a new one in our last game.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Squeakin' ain't gunna cut it.

If we make it in again, I predict ~#20. We have all the building blocks. We just need consistency to BUILD with the building blocks. DD laid the foundation for the road back to the Top 25, now SD is taking the wheel and driving this bus to a bowl.

Wait a freakin minute. First you boldly state that Tech has never been in the top 25 in D1a, then when proven wrong, you come up with "squeakin' aint gunna cut it." That's B.S. Coming from where we've been if we can end one of the next two seasons by "squeakin" into the top 25, I'll be ecstatic. One more pointer. You might want to research your future "facts" before you post them. As someone else has pointed out, the other fact you've thrown out there about Coach Dykes bowling every year he's coached is flat out wrong. He coached wr at ULM one year. Strike 2.

A simple "wrong again" will suffice.

I can take helpful criticism, thanks. I wasn't thinking clearly on either of those posts. Thanks for pointing that out.

+ Reply to Thread